Game-Labs Forum

Pants down - We touched NA's tralala

55 minutes ago, Borch said:

Game Labs also delivered great, massive and with huge potential OW, they just need to make it more alive. PvP'ers could hate it when I say that but needs to be filled with PvE events, named mobs, some treasures, exporation etc etc. Only this hated PvE will make PvP part of game interesting.

PvE is badly received because the PvE we have in game is nothing but AI mission farm, for xp, gold, slots, books&upgrades, hostility, free ships, repair kits loot, free cannon..

Sealed bottles have been the only try for other kinds of missions, and it was quite succesful to bring ppl sailing in hostile waters, until they decided they should be the only way to find some golden upgrades, then they decided wrecks should never hold anything worth it so now they are useless.

If they had made the choice of a little bit of storytelling, minigames while sailing: filling the blank between login time and eventually crossing an enemy player, new players and inde / casuals would stay.

Instead, they took the other path: no need & no rewards for hunting players and sail in OW anymore, just survive gankers while doing PvE mission, let the largest nations win one-sided RvR, result is a sad game 3 month after reset.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

At least they should have the nuts to say: NA failed we wont develope it further. We will focus our resources on NA legends.

If that's really true they should sell the game to another studio. There is so much frikkin potential in this game.

16 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

If they had made the choice of a little bit of storytelling, minigames while sailing: filling the blank between login time and eventually crossing an enemy player, new players and inde / casuals would stay.

The question is why it hasn't been done by now. It can't be that all of the proposed ideas won't work. It's beyond me

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kreeft said:

If that's really true they should sell the game to another studio. There is so much frikkin potential in this game.

Can't happen. The combat engine is going to be shared between OW and Legends. Any changes made to the engine (for the benefit of Legends) will then appear in OW as well. This could even include things like map changes (fort model updates etc).

However changes to the combat engine for the benefit of just OW will become more infrequent (if at all). I'm not even sure whether any such changes would even be needed except for post combat things like rewards and entry back into OW.

13 minutes ago, Skully said:

Can't happen. The combat engine is going to be shared between OW and Legends. Any changes made to the engine (for the benefit of Legends) will then appear in OW as well. This could even include things like map changes (fort model updates etc).

However changes to the combat engine for the benefit of just OW will become more infrequent (if at all). I'm not even sure whether any such changes would even be needed except for post combat things like rewards and entry back into OW.

Legends will be pretty much its own thing after a while. I doubt that any changes in the Legends combat mechanics will benefit NA and vice versa. The nature of both games will be different after all.

Anyway it's not a change of combat mechanics that is desperetaly needed in the base game.

Just my humble opinion

1 hour ago, Skully said:

It could happen.  Look at Mount and Blade with Fire and Sword, Viking Conquest, Napoleonic Wars, or especially Blood and Gold Caribbean.  Different companies, modified engines, same overarching title (except Caribbean).  Not saying that I want it to happen, but I hope the devs don't give up hope.

Edited by Prater

25 minutes ago, Prater said:

It could happen.

Yes and no. Current choice of admin:

On 8/17/2017 at 11:47 AM, admin said:

The only thing that links those games is the combat system

The rest is all legal realm stuff:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=TaleWorlds Entertainment

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Home/News/131

40 minutes ago, Skully said:

Looking at Taleworld's steampage doesn't show you who made the dlc.  Different companies made the different dlc, and Blood and Gold is a completely separate game, using the same engine, made by the same company that developed With Fire and Sword, Snowbird games.  If Game Labs decided to, they could do the same thing.  Legal teams can come up with contracts to suit whatever the need is.  But I hope they continue with Naval Action, and honestly all this talk is crap.  Admin hasn't stated they are giving up.

Edited by Prater

4 minutes ago, Skully said:

Same company still owns the engine and decides how it is allowed to be used.

Anyway I'm not here to work, but rather to (be) entertain(ed). :lol:

I never said another company would own the engine or decide how it is used.  You said another company can get involved.  It can, if Game Labs and another company agree on a contract.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sella22 said:

Legends will be pretty much its own thing after a while. I doubt that any changes in the Legends combat mechanics will benefit NA and vice versa. The nature of both games will be different after all.

That would be really disappointing.   I would want to use the lobby game to learn about the ships and combat, and even as a different avenue to get XP than waiting for AI ships to respawn. 

7 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

That would be really disappointing.   I would want to use the lobby game to learn about the ships and combat, and even as a different avenue to get XP than waiting for AI ships to respawn. 

You won't be able to grind xp in legends for use in OW (if I didn't misunderstand you).

Combat mechanics should stay pretty much similar if not identical. One key difference will be repairs. Everlasting repairs was asked for (OW) to make it more likely to be able to come back from an early mistake and/or to make disengaging more available. There will be no loss (of stuff) in legends so players won't have the same level of anal retentiveness in regards to losing a fight and the forever repairs would only serve to make fights last frustratingly long, like in OW I might add.

We simply don't need that kind of noob protection in legends.

On 8/24/2017 at 2:32 PM, Borch said:

Game Labs also delivered great, massive and with huge potential OW, they just need to make it more alive. PvP'ers could hate it when I say that but needs to be filled with PvE events, named mobs, some treasures, exporation etc etc. Only this hated PvE will make PvP part of game interesting.

PvPers only really hate being forced to PvE to progress or be competitive, or the use of PvE content to actively avoid PvP.

• Like 4

On 8/24/2017 at 9:32 PM, Borch said:

some treasures, exporation

And it doesn't have to be expensive to implement, just a little tweak and an existing mechanic brings treasure and exploring potential danger.