Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

16 hours ago, admin said:

daily tax = tax collected in that port last day.

This might get replaced by High Medium Low in the future as captains of that time did not know exact tax but only could guess the richness of the city. This information will be very useful to find port battle targets to reap the rewards from popular (rich) cities like Cartagena

I mention above having the info listed in port.  Having it listed High Med or Low would be a good thing as only the owners should really know the tax rate unless you go to buy that port.  Than when your in port that is when you know the actual tax rate set by the owner.  Though not the income.

15 hours ago, Teutonic said:

the Hermione 5th rate.

I have been sailing it on the testbed and I'm not entirely sure how to sail it "right." anyone have pointers?

Is it supposed to act more like a "different" surprise? or more like the Frigate?

I have found that she is not as fast upwind as Surprise and best point is 135 degrees. She does well up to 90 degrees. Maybe @jodgi has done a speed test and profile for her?

I am just disappointed that the model does not have a figurehead :(. Would have looked great with the one on the replica (a lion).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, victor said:

A question to the clans that already conquered a port in testbed: besides setting the tax rate, which are the options that are available to a clan owning the port?

Good question.  The other thing can some one maybe screen shot the options you have when you take control of a port, even better a short video.  I been busy with Hurricane Harvey clean up I haven't been in game this week.  Was going going to try to get some clan members up to taking a port to test it our selves but just been a crazy last two weeks and not to mention numbers are so low cause hardly any one is playing.

15 hours ago, victor said:

A question to the clans that already conquered a port in testbed: besides setting the tax rate, which are the options that are available to a clan owning the port?

The options are:

1-Tax rate in that port, between 0%-10%. Updated after maintenance. (Hard  to test because are not really maintenance in test server)

2-Enemy Rights. You can pick National (only national can enter port) or Free for All.

3-Trading outpost. Here you can increase (or not) the produccion base of the goods in that port to max of 20%. But if do it you also increase the maintenance cost for the clan owner in same percentage. 

4-Labor Hours. You can decrease (0%, 10% or 20%) the cost of the labor hours to craft any good in the port. Same above, if do it you increase the daily cost to clan owner.

IMHO need to be reworked. 

1-More scope to taxes, may be between 0% and 50%.

2-National clans enter ok, but forbidden enter to "no friendly" clans in the same faction.

3-Increase defense of the port building new forts and towers? More NPC defenders if the clan was unable to full the PB?

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

I guess this is the best place for a bug report?

I've done missions in previous patch on testbed, but when I try to click out a mission in the current patch nothing happens. This is a follow-up of an F11.

its fixed already

One question @admin or to players owning a port

In case the access to a conquered port is set "free for all" by the owning clan of a faction, a player of a different faction can 1) place buy orders in such port and/or 2) set buildings and harvest goods there and/or 3) teleport to and from that port in case he has an outpost there (or the only effect of FFA is that a player of another faction can enter and exit it without the smuggler flag and also in a warship)?

PS: one suggestion: the access status of a port (national only or free for all) that has been conquered by a clan should be indicated on the map (in the information tab that appears when you pass the arrow on the port). 

Edited by victor

19 hours ago, Styles said:

You must have a clan-warehouse with gold in it to pay the maintenance.

Thanks. Seems logical. However before this cataclysm to my conquest, had around 120000 gold in warehouse and lost every city. 

With 120000 gold cannot pay the maintenance of a single town????????? 

3 minutes ago, fremen said:

With 120000 gold cannot pay the maintenance of a single town?

On standard settings it´s 100000 per town/day.

Don´t know how it´s weighed, when you don´t have enough gold in CWH to pay them all.

So if you had enough to pay for one, but you lost all...question rises, if this scenario is taken into account in the current build, @admin?

• 7 months later...