Game-Labs Forum

* bring back captured ship towing (this time with cargo) at the end of battle

* if you have a fleet ship that is faster than your current ship then your open world speed is unaffected

* do not bring back teleporting to port after battle

* this will give hunter the option of fleeting up a lesser ship such as a cutter or a pickle as a means of Escape

EXAMPLE : The Sea Fox hunts down a traitor brig atwood that belongs to a scurvy pirate. The Sea fox is in a surprise and is fleeting a pickle. The pickle is either used or dismissed. 

The Sea Fox captures the brig, at the end of the battle he has an option of sending the brig with its cargo to one of his ports or fleeting the brig and sailing  the cargo to a close enemy port to sell the goods.

The Sea Fox option to either have the brig in fleet with him and his surprise and take it along with him or just the surprise and his pickle or if he thinks there are enemies waiting outside the battle he can send his surprise back to Atwood and sale in his pickle as an escape ship

* also bring back teleporting to free towns. Have a cool down period after teleport just bring it back

* bring back shipping to and from freetown's. Make it more expensive or players must own both ports or whatever just bring it back

While these are interesting "solutions".  I fear they are more of a step back than a step forward.

For me personally NO to the shipping to and from freetowns, it kills player shipping and commerce.  My counter is simple, a new contract - Shipping/Delivery contract, where a player makes a contract to move goods from one port to another port for a set amount of money in a set amount of time.  

Teleporting to free towns is also a NO, but I purpose this.  Pirates should lose ALL national ports and be forced to operate out of free towns.  They would be the ONLY nation to be able to teleport between free towns.  

Transporting/teleporting captured ships to a friendly port/outpost... as much as I would LOVE to do this, I feel it is a gamey tactic to teleport my prize safely away.  While I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this... it isn't right. 

* bring back more duras - we need a combat game not a snorring game

* bring back a damage system that enhanced duels on a distance between SOLs. 

* reduce time needed in between the fights

* reduce waiting time

* make the battles open for unlimited time so we can have epic fights

* look at satus in february 2016 - best game back then!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox2run said:

- no 1 dura is fine people need to cowboy up.

- damage is fine people need to learn to sail and use the right wood for the right encounter

- setup an outpost near the fights, you can get into a fight in less than 10min on Global in the right places

* reduce waiting time

- what waiting time?

- LOL no.  with OW speed boost this would be horrible.

-Look at 2014 and Fallout4 was the best, and back in 2004 when WoW was the best.. some gamers are like locusts, they go from sale to sale ruining everything they touch.

All I have to say.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fox2run said:

* reduce waiting time

Just get Naval Action Legends once it's available, it is being made for people exactly like you.

4 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Just get Naval Action Legends once it's available, it is being made for people exactly like you.

Not quite

What fox is asking for is 24/7 open battles where you NEVER have the overview of the battle situation. So random. A nightmare basically.

In Arena it'll be clear what you're gonna fight from start. and balanced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Not quite

What fox is asking for is 24/7 open battles where you NEVER have the overview of the battle situation. So random. A nightmare basically.

In Arena it'll be clear what you're gonna fight from start. and balanced.

Well, he's still stuck in the mindset of february 2016 danish-swedish war where most people were in snows, cerbs and renos and could sail 5 mins from each capital to the other to get a fight and, with hardly anything to lose and hardly knowing anything, people just sailed in, fought chaotically and usually got sunk by whichever side could comprehend even sailing in the same general direction.

To think that he has actually thought through the implications of unlimited battle timers gives him far too much credit. At least everything else sounds arena-like.

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, Hodo said:

While these are interesting "solutions".  I fear they are more of a step back than a step forward.

For me personally NO to the shipping to and from freetowns, it kills player shipping and commerce.  My counter is simple, a new contract - Shipping/Delivery contract, where a player makes a contract to move goods from one port to another port for a set amount of money in a set amount of time.  

Teleporting to free towns is also a NO, but I purpose this.  Pirates should lose ALL national ports and be forced to operate out of free towns.  They would be the ONLY nation to be able to teleport between free towns.  

Transporting/teleporting captured ships to a friendly port/outpost... as much as I would LOVE to do this, I feel it is a gamey tactic to teleport my prize safely away.  While I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this... it isn't right. 

Sailing for an hour to hunt traders is almost as  rediculous  sailing back for an hour.... Boring...haven't been in one single pvp battle since wipe! And since the grind to make money is so insain I'm not sure I can get a good ship built and leveled before Christmas....then have to sail for an hour or hour and a half to do it??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Whatever you say. The game you like is too narrow for most. It will never suceed. :-)

And the game you like would only appeal to one person... yourself.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

Sailing for an hour to hunt traders is almost as  rediculous  sailing back for an hour.... Boring...haven't been in one single pvp battle since wipe! And since the grind to make money is so insain I'm not sure I can get a good ship built and leveled before Christmas....then have to sail for an hour or hour and a half to do it??

Seeing as I have in a 3 hour hunting trip.. captured 2 trader brigs, and an Indefatigable I would say it was worth it.

OH and you can sail a decent ship and have it leveled in no time if you concentrate on it and put forth some... EFFORT.

I only sailed 20min from my base and then 20min back.  So I spent 2hours and change fighting.

Edited by Hodo
  • Like 1

Ok but the Indy was free.... And crafting and making money is time consuming. I don't like the Indy and I sold it with other redeemables to buy shipyard to craft a good ship I choose...4000 hrs in game is EFFORT but this is not a solo player friendly game and it is far less enjoyable than before.....oh and the no exp or reward after sinking 2 out of 3 ships is BS too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Fox said:

Grind to make money? Let me guess you either sold or lost your Indefatadle early trying yo PvP in a floating brick or sold it for seed money?

Because if you got one you can make between 30 and 60k a mission after repairs doing 5th rate mission in your own green zone. Armed with just Medium Cannons . Xaros or Longs just make it quicker

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sea Fox said:

Lol seed money. I knew early on I couldn't afford the cannons and wanted to get busy crafting...and as much as I dislike sailing her, I missed her imediately 

Sounds like you are trying to start to big.  

I started in my cutter till I saved up a few thousand to put guns on my Pickle then I sailed that around for a while.  Once I could afford to equip my Brig I did a few dozen missions in that till I could build a shipyard, then I built my own ships from there.  It took about 4 days at 3hours a day to get to that point.   Then I changed nations, now I am set up again, with a shipyard, oak farm and hemp farm.  And nearly enough money to upgrade to a level 2 yard.   I am a solo player who does PVP and PVE.  I will spend 2 or 3 days hunting on the US east coast or around Mortimer, then I head back to my base and start doing ship building and PVE grinding for that ship or test out new designs.

• Like 1

And I used to play three or four hours a day also but it is really lost a lot of luster it's too much like a job you have to work and work to get to a good PVP fight. It seems like it's a 90/10 ratio work and try to make money 90% of the time and spend 10% of the time actually hunting and doing PVP battle. Of course I'm at 100 0 ratio as I have not had a single PVP fight yet

13 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

And I used to play three or four hours a day also but it is really lost a lot of luster it's too much like a job you have to work and work to get to a good PVP fight. It seems like it's a 90/10 ratio work and try to make money 90% of the time and spend 10% of the time actually hunting and doing PVP battle. Of course I'm at 100 0 ratio as I have not had a single PVP fight yet

How to make money as a solo in the current build - paraphrasing a great post by @Remus as well as sharing some of my own experience:

1) Use your bone-stock Basic Cutter to hunt a few AI Le Gros Ventre. Watch these videos to learn how to cap an AI LGV in 25min or less. You will earn $17k gold, ~75XP and 3 Combat Marks for each one you cap, along with whatever loot you find in its hold (which will often be worth anywhere from $20-30k or more , depending on what you get).

2) Once you've saved up $100k gold or so, use http://www.navalactioncraft.com/ to identify a source of Iron and a source of Oak near wherever you want your base to be.

3) Create outposts and Iron and Oak production buildings

4) Collect Iron and Oak from your production building and craft Hull Repairs. Sell these for a reasonable price (say $1000 gold) in your nation's capital or PVP-intensive zone

5) Repeat step 4 until you have enough money to buy and replace the ship(s) you care about, and whenever you need to earn some more cash for whatever reason.

The above can be done comfortably in less than 10 hours of play time, probably less than 5 if you are experienced and focused. That setup gives you the independence you need to do whatever you want as a solo player, at least during the "getting started" phase of the game. From there you can join a clan or whatever.

Like @Hodo I use the freedom to setup hunting outposts where I seek to capture player traders. I enjoy the sport and challenge of hunting player traders and it's my favorite thing to do in Naval Action, so I don't mind the once-a-week sail back and forth. I sail to my hunting lodge, I capture traders for a few days, then I sail one of the traders home (full of a cargo of stolen or purchased trade goods) and sell it, along with the trade ship, at my home port. I then purchase or craft new upgrades, ships, etc. and repeat the process. It's quite fun.