Game-Labs Forum

pirates selling ports to other factions

35 minutes ago, Agiond said:

lil guys crying when the big guys step forward and make the nation progress... 10/10.

Do you guys realize that these agreements have more pros than cons for all factions in it? Just so you know, cooperation makes you stronger, not weaker.

Don't see a pro from agreements with US as a pirate. Specially from agreements where they are given stuff. And gifted stuff not in some random location but near major coal region, making it vulnerable whenever US will change their minds.

Edited by Aphilas

14 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

Don't see a pro from agreements with US as a pirate. Specially from agreements where they are given stuff. And gifted stuff not in some random location but near major coal region, making it vulnerable whenever US will change their minds.

I don't see why would US change their minds. They are quite surrounded and they do not have the playerbase to fight either spain nor pirates, not to say both at the same time. 

How much do you value an ally? Because that's what this is about, gaining allies. Now you can have most of your frontiers secured by allies.

Maybe you haven't seen it, but the swedish are building a massive fleet, and they have enough players to crew it. Do you expect to survive them alone?

7 minutes ago, Agiond said:

I don't see why would US change their minds. They are quite surrounded and they do not have the playerbase to fight either spain nor pirates, not to say both at the same time. 

How much do you value an ally? Because that's what this is about, gaining allies. Now you can have most of your frontiers secured by allies.

Maybe you haven't seen it, but the swedish are building a massive fleet, and they have enough players to crew it. Do you expect to survive them alone?

You said it yourself. They are weak. Weak allies are useless. Specially so if they need 2 regions given to them for becoming allies.

2 regions = 50 marks a day. That's 23 bellonas per week. For pretty much nothing.

Edited by Aphilas

Just now, Aphilas said:

You said it yourself. They are weak. Weak allies are useless. Specially so if they need 2 regions given to them for becoming allies.

Weak allies can still be helpful. And it's always valuable to know you have your backdoor secured.

Spain also gives them one port... again. We gave them freely 2 ports that they need to survive as a faction. Even if they are just a few players, they can help us. Don't underestimate what a handful of motivated players can do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agiond said:

Weak allies can still be helpful. And it's always valuable to know you have your backdoor secured.

Spain also gives them one port... again. We gave them freely 2 ports that they need to survive as a faction. Even if they are just a few players, they can help us. Don't underestimate what a handful of motivated players can do.

Its your decision as a clan. Pointless to argue anyways. Quite sure US will meet resistance from pirates in shallow waters.

Just now, Otto Kohl said:

Thats great, you will both gain some pvp marks.

Actually might turn out decent for pirates as a nation if done right. No need to argue about who gets into PBs if small clans take care of shallows and US, while zergs fight zergs in deeps.

Doubt anyone will bother to manage it properly though.

42 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

Actually might turn out decent for pirates as a nation if done right. No need to argue about who gets into PBs if small clans take care of shallows and US, while zergs fight zergs in deeps.

Do you really think most of the pirates will show up?  Look at the land the pirates have captured. Who do you think has been doing it??

Let's be honest, soft boarders are always better than hard. If the pirares/Spanish/USA are not worrying about what's behind them, I wonder where they will instead focus!

Would pirates rather fight over low population areas on instead in areas with high populations!?!

28 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Do you really think most of the pirates will show up?  Look at the land the pirates have captured. Who do you think has been doing it??

Let's be honest, soft boarders are always better than hard. If the pirares/Spanish/USA are not worrying about what's behind them, I wonder where they will instead focus!

Would pirates rather fight over low population areas on instead in areas with high populations!?!

Quite a few people from quite a few clans. Sorry included.

Population density is irrelevant. Resources and marks are.

Considering borders. Ever thought about what US will do once they get those borders? Sail for 2 hours to help pirates or spain every day? Yeah, right. They will be just as relevant to our fights as they are now, even if they would hold their end of agreements. They struggle to hit more than 50% hostility per day on shallows. It takes 6-8 guys to hit 100% in 5 hours.

Edited by Aphilas

5 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

Considering borders. Ever thought about what US will do once they get those borders? Sail for 2 hours to help pirates or spain every day? Yeah, right. They will be just as relevant to our fights as they are now, even if they would hold their end of agreements.

How many random pirates turned up to defend Morgan bluff?  I saw alot of sorry and gaff,pdow to name a few but randoms like 5!!

That was only a 40min sail and yet the masses didn't defend that did they. After the shock it will become the norm.

5 minutes ago, monk33y said:

How many random pirates turned up to defend Morgan bluff?  I saw alot of sorry and gaff,pdow to name a few but randoms like 5!!

That was only a 40min sail and yet the masses didn't defend that did they. After the shock it will become the norm.

1. Everyone knew that port was agreed on.

2. Enforcement of "nobody enters PB except x and y clans" kills the interest for people to sail. I am among those clans who get marks, so you can jump off your high horse already.

This seems like it belongs in National News.  Factions can make arrangements, as laid out earlier.  Those upset about a clan or individual claiming the mantle of leadership or King can either dethrone them, go somewhere else to stake their own claim, change factions (I see there is a new set of Forged Papers for people), or consider emigrating to other servers; which I'm certain would be more than happy to receive you.

Pff. Lord Vicious is a nobody with an ego and attitude. I dare any of his little slaves to try and tell me what to do. Stuff like this really pisses me off. I know what I will be doing tonight, violating any and every treaty I can find. If you idiots wanna waste your time doing outlaw battle ganks on me for no reward to try and prove some stupid point, be my guest. I will be laughing at how pathetic you are the whole time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

If other Pirates will try to defend a port, they will get screened by the SORRY fleet in outlawed battle. Just look at Islamorada what happened with Pirates' fleet that was supposed to defend it :)

Well of course. If you give people the option to grief and be aholes ( via same nation attack) it will be taken advantage of by jerks with nothing better to do or by nation players alts on pirate faction.

This used to happen on pvp2 long time ago when a few big clans thought everyone had to listen to them, they just sank any pirate and new player who came near mort or any of pirate town.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Well do something to stop it if you dont like it.  Complaining about something does nothing but make you sound bad. 

I'm just pointing something out so others might see the downside as well. Perhaps the clans excluded from this "agreement" should ally with the Swedes;)

13 minutes ago, Hugh Latham said:

I'm just pointing something out so others might see the downside as well. Perhaps the clans excluded from this "agreement" should ally with the Swedes;)

Do you REALLY think LV is going to let the pirate nation not have silver port? Are we here for real here or just messing around?

#JustSmallFishProblems

It's really the same in every nation. More true in smaller nations where a single clan can really dictate policy, though. Back in olde PvP2 days, it was really my guild and 1 other that dictated French policy. For anything to really get done, his guild and my guild had to agree on it or else there just wasn't enough people. Occasionally someone from outside our guilds would be all, "Hey everyone! Let's take Insert Port Here!" But without support from our two guilds, those operations went nowhere.

I have been the small fish, too, and my guild has been the small fish, especially in other games. You CAN make a difference (thanks, Captain Planet!) but you are on a long road of subtle politics and being able to prove yourself and implement your own ideas (and gain your own friends and allies).

You don't have to accept the fact that SORRY is currently running the Pirate team, but you will have to roll with it for now and start finding allies if you want to do something different. Welcome to an actual, reasonably accurate simulation of being a ground level revolutionary.

15 hours ago, monk33y said:

thats because SORRY threatened to sink anyone who came. small groups cant defend anything if the large groups keep killing them. I watch ed SORRY attack 4 random pirates they were attempting to go to the port battle, of course they denied it.

On 6/8/2017 at 10:13 AM, admin said:

Exchanging land is allowed between nations. Its a sandbox and nations can do anything they want with their regions 

IF this is allowed what the point doing "normal" PB? All want back to situations before wipe when PB were full 3 meta ships? in sake of win and own ego? Come on you can do better

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Borch said:

Farming conquest marks by inflicting damage was an exploit.

New game mechanic of earning conquest marks makes farming either virtually gone from the game or replaced by set up PB's.

Exchanging land is just a nice cover of old damage conquest marks farming.

There are no alliances any more. Any nation can interfere in deals they don't like during hostility generation (ports cannot change without hostility). 

2 minutes ago, Borch said:

So punishing exploit is up on the playerbase shoulders now?

Also with no teleport mechanic it's hard in some cases to interfere during hostility generation in far away counties, especially if its set up PB.

Trading Louisiana or Alaska for money is politics. Its not an exploit. Its allowed
But you know the trading will happen. Arrive there and stop it and get some free ships as a result. 

There is teleport mechanic - you have to control the region and TP there as many times as you want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Borch said:

Let me get this straight. If SORRY wouldnt stream Cap Francais PB there wouldnt be any punishement as this would be simple "trade" with few old unarmed wrecks sunk?

If french did not come (empty port battle) nothing would happen, surrendering port to the enemy is ok in the times of war sometimes.  But arranged farming of pvp marks is not allowed.
If you see players doing it report them. We will reset the bastards and if happens again ban them forever. 

• Like 10