Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedback v0.90+

4 hours ago, Aetius said:

Retreat direction is *still* wonky. At 1st Bull Run I had two Union brigades cross the stone bridge, rout, and then attempt to flee to the north between two of my brigades. The first tangled both of my brigades up into melee as it fled, but I was able to pop skirmishers, reset them, and wipe the Union unit out. The second Union brigade didn't even make it into melee. The only thing I can figure is that the algorithm gave a lot of weight to the Union units approaching from the northwest, miles away, and it was enough to cause them to rout-charge my troops.

I just recently as well had union troops rout through my lines at Shiloh and ended up behind my advance.  Messed everything up, I had to detach a couple brigades to corral these wayward S.O.Bs. Slowed my advance to a crawl by depleting my line.

1 hour ago, A. P. Hill said:

I just recently as well had union troops rout through my lines at Shiloh and ended up behind my advance.  Messed everything up, I had to detach a couple brigades to corral these wayward S.O.Bs. Slowed my advance to a crawl by depleting my line.

Union AI did the same to me yesterday at Stay Alert. Routed unit runs by my Brigade. Had to reorient my unit to give fire and Union Cav pops out of the woods and routs my brigade. Very effective tactic!

• Like 1

Nick, Regarding your post below with this latest update (thanks), can you tell those of us that purchased early access what the cost will be for the full release?  Thanks in advance.

Dear Generals,

Thanks to your great help, we have already offered various small patches that improved and fixed several aspects of the game. The new update provides a few more improvements and prepares the ground for the end of Early Access and the final full release of Ultimate General: Civil War.

2 hours ago, Zwerty99 said:

Just was logging on and saw this patch :D

Thanks for the constant improvements and attention to the game.... However, will this mean I need to start a new campaign for the fixes to apply?

They say 'No, you don't have to.'

But I usually restart to get a full experience with the latest goodies. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fred Sanford said:

IMO we already paid, so $0.  

21 hours ago, civsully1 said:

Nick, Regarding your post below with this latest update (thanks), can you tell those of us that purchased early access what the cost will be for the full release?  Thanks in advance.

Dear Generals,

Thanks to your great help, we have already offered various small patches that improved and fixed several aspects of the game. The new update provides a few more improvements and prepares the ground for the end of Early Access and the final full release of Ultimate General: Civil War.

Uhhhhh I was under the impression that since I paid Early Access that I don't have to foot over more money.

Early Access means you buy the game BEFORE it is fully released. Therefore you provide the developers with not only money, but also with bugfixing data (at least if you encounter any, I haven't save for phantom ccv and this one is already known). And on top of that you won't have to pay anything for the full release, while you most likely paid less for the Early Access AND already played a lot. xD I think this game is the embodiment of the benefits of Early Access: A very well playable beta, constant and fast updates/hotfixes and an imminent guaranteed full release. Excellent planning and work on the devs side!

• Like 2

Nice new update. The game is looking better and better but I'm still hoping for a few small things to be added/changed before release:

- Please change color of lines showing firing range! [or give us an option to select prefered color ]. Those lines are so hard to see at times right now.

- add more historical accurate portraits of historical Generals

- give us an option to change portrait of "our" General we create at the beginning of the game

- let us zoom in a little bit closer to the battle

- replace current Dunker Church (Antietam map) & Lutheran Seminary building (Gettysburg map) with more accurate buildings.

- add non campaign versions [as historical or custom battles] of the "Battle of Washington", "Battle of Richmond", "Batlle of Wilderness" and "Battle of Spotsylvania"

Edited by ross42899
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ross42899 said:

Nice new update. The game is looking better and better but I'm still hoping for a few small things to be added/changed before release:

Agreed. the Zoom thing really could be useful, especially for larger battles. And the portrait thing would improve replayability.

1 hour ago, CaptainKanundrum said:

I have seen this as well. I didnt think to report it as a bug at the time. I will do so the next time I see it.

Routed units also get stuck onto garrisoned fortifications at time

Also, finally finished the CSA campaign. WIth the new Intelligence Report system scaling, i've found the campaign far more manageable, and yet fairly challenging and distinct from the Union campaign. Washington was amazingly tense. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Washington though, and this is really more for fun... goddamn the casualty count. To think if Lee had managed an assault on Washington and Grant retaliated... because this is what I got:

59630c099c06a_WashingtonCSA(2).png.a90b424e7f50d4d94eb5aa46f46ef8d9.png

I lost 60K men... the Union lost 109k men. Jesus.

• Like 2

Hi guys

Here are a list of things that some of us in the steam forum wish to hear some developer feedback on.  Whether it is a known issue, or you are working on it, or whether it is just plain Working As Intended.  I really hope you guys don't push release without first taking a look and at least giving us feedback on this list.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/502520/discussions/0/1456202492181064612/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vren55 said:

Speaking of Washington though, and this is really more for fun... goddamn the casualty count. To think if Lee had managed an assault on Washington and Grant retaliated... because this is what I got:

59630c099c06a_WashingtonCSA(2).png.a90b424e7f50d4d94eb5aa46f46ef8d9.png

I lost 60K men... the Union lost 109k men. Jesus.

Hey Vren was wondering if you plan to update your guide to current patch status. It was a nice help for me in the early going and I thought you did a nice job with it!

I would like to see the Whitworths get buffed to reflect increased accuracy (say same as 10# ordnance - 33) and greatly increased rate of fire (say 40 or 50). They might be worth buying in that case.

20# Parrotts still need help also.

I would also like a control to decrease the number of troops/guns in a unit so that you can re-equip a unit when you don't have quite enough of the new weapons.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, ross42899 said:

- add non campaign versions [as historical or custom battles] of the "Battle of Washington", "Battle of Richmond", "Batlle of Wilderness" and "Battle of Spotsylvania"

Amen! I asked about that when Washington first came out, and if I recall, "probably" was the answer.

I REALLY hope they do! Washington is so awesome! And I don't play the Union very much, so it would be so cool to be able to play The Battle of Richmond without slogging through the whole campaign.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:56 PM, civsully1 said:

Hey Vren was wondering if you plan to update your guide to current patch status. It was a nice help for me in the early going and I thought you did a nice job with it!

Honestly there's not much to update, (i've already accounted for the new "pool" system) but I"ll look it over. 

On 7/10/2017 at 6:56 PM, civsully1 said:

... nVM... Turned out I missed out something in my original guide, the General Unit skills lol. 

Stop canceling all movements/orders when a scenario moves along.  For example at Antietam.  When you introduce Burnside's bridge, all of my units that are moving/charing/etc all stop.  Why?!  No time passed. Now i have an infantry unit getting shredded by artillery because they were stopped mid charge, and the charge icon has to reload. 

• Like 1