Game-Labs Forum

Best server for population?

Looking at it the other way around: the Global server needs you. 

Speaking as a EU server player, we would be happy to have you. Activity is starting to grow on the server at that time, and there are lots of hopeful traders sailing around at that time. But if you want to do RvR in your primetime you should choose the global server. The global server is not that far behind in that timeframe, and long-term, after the Steam summer sale, I expect (and hope) that the Global server will be more populated than the EU server at the time you play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snoggy said:

There's no US population, may as well play on the euro server and hope for some nice port battles on weekends.

uhhh, speak for your self. We have a stable pop of 200 ish all day long with a peak of about 300-500 during his play time. As well you'll be able to partake in port battle, can't do that on the EU server. Also I believe sever EU players have insisted its an EU only server, so sadly I don't think they really want you. 

Also the PVP US server has cookies.... lots and lots of cookies! 

Edited by Daguse

Yeah, EU has a pop of around 1000, even as I type at 9pm PST, it's 200 so that's the average pop overall for the global server.. no thanks. I'll go where the population is, and it isn't the global server.

Just now, Snoggy said:

Yeah, EU has a pop of around 1000, even as I type at 9pm PST, it's 200 so that's the average pop overall for the global server.. no thanks. I'll go where the population is, and it isn't the global server.

Suit your self... let me know how is when you can't even join a PB. 

Just now, Intrepido said:

The EU server is a server with timers, but it doesnt means that we dont wellcome any player from the other side of the world.

In fact, there was US players that, before the wipe, said several times that EU server players wont be wellcome in the Global server.

Glad to hear it... really I am.

As for any US player that says that, they can hello kitty off. You and all EU are welcome... Global welcomes ALL to its briny depths. 

if you play during those times typically the global server is busier.  You will also be able to attend port battles.  The latest you can attend a port battle on the EU server would be 6pm EST.  

Please stop deterring players who would benefit from playing on the global server from going there, this is part of the reason why so many PVP1 clans who originally pledged to go global did not.  

• Like 2

Global is pretty even across the entire day. Not extreme peak numbers but perfectly steady across the board.

No overpopulated spots but always activity anywhere.

EU is very populated and given some areas are high density it may becomes problematic at times but surely Conquest develops faster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justme said:

Problem is OP that's not really a good time to play on either PVP server if you want to see more than 300 ish

Face it ruthless, your screwed.

There is still action with 150-200 on the server.  I don't feel screwed.  You don't want a player ship around every corner anyway. 

If you're only deciding factor is which server has more population at the time you play the game (8:30-10:30pm est) than the Global server is the better choice.

You will see more players, be able to be part of rvr conquest, and have pvp in many parts of the map.

Edited by Teutonic

17 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Problem I find, at least before wipe regardless of server I was on, once population got around 400 or lower it was a ghost town. Even in the " populated " areas.

On Global you will need to sail. Don't get this the less positive way, I mean it. Depending on what you want to fight there's always traders criss crossing. On top of that there's mission runners around the "naval bases" that are not even capitals, just focus points of clans. As usual you see hostility being risen and you know there's something going on there.

But at the same time that you need to spend some time sailing, patroling, roving and hoping a sail shows up on the horizon, the hordes of captains sallying out of port to invade a battle is way way less common, by a lot.

In a daily basis of raiding we had one occasion of the battle being invaded by captains sallying out of nearby port. One. And was right at Port Morant.

I starting to appreciate the sweet spot of 300 - 400 steady numbers more than the peak 1000.