Game-Labs Forum

The Marks system

I am interested in knowing if NA is going to have a shop and if so will it contain the items most in demand ie Marks, Labour Hours contracts and things of that type. The reason I ask is that last night in game some of us discussed this issue and how it might have a very bad impact on the game.

I for one would leave as I can see it becoming a pay to win format. 

Is this likely to happen and if it is, when?

Thankyou.

We've been assured pretty much from the start that this game will never be pay-2-win. That means no OP premium ships and no having to pay real money for items or resources that give you an advantage. Despite pushes by players, devs have been hesitant even about making a shop for purely cosmetic items like paints. One grey area is alt accounts, but they are out of developers control and not actively encouraged.

I would however imagine that we might see some real money exchanges in the future Naval Action Arena game that is under development, but that is separate from this Naval Action game.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Anolytic said:

We've been assured pretty much from the start that this game will never be pay-2-win. That means no OP premium ships and no having to pay real money for items or resources that give you an advantage. Despite pushes by players, devs have been hesitant even about making a shop for purely cosmetic items like paints. One grey area is alt accounts, but they are out of developers control and not actively encouraged.

I would however imagine that we might see some real money exchanges in the future Naval Action Arena game that is under development, but that is separate from this Naval Action game.

Keep promise to game never turn into kind of P2Win game is what keep people hanging around and pop out from time to time on forums to check whats new even they not playing now. I bet. Correct me if i`m wrong on this.

7 hours ago, rediii said:

he means buying stuff for real life money.

I would leave too if ingame items are sold for money. But paints - no problem with that. (a online game has to pay for itself in the end)

TBH i don't think labor hoursand marks would be sold by a shop. That's obvious pay to win.

I'm fine with paints and maybe special skin ships (something like the Yacht that is just a cutter) of low levels or soemthing, but every thing that they can buy I should be able to get in game with marks or something or a in game version.   

Now what they do need is a proper player Auction House.  Even if it's limited to just your nation or a region it would be nice than having to go from port to port looking for certain things.  Even if I still have to go to that port to pick it up.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:03 PM, Anolytic said:

Sorry Anolytic, but are you sure that Naval Action Arena is under development?

Because if the answer is "Yes", I think the devs should first finish this game ( in "alpha"for too long) before starting new projects!

32 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

Sorry Anolytic, but are you sure that Naval Action Arena is under development?

Because if the answer is "Yes", I think the devs should first finish this game ( in "alpha"for too long) before starting new projects!

It's in the beginning stages of development now according to devs, but by a separate and smaller team from those working on this game, and is not supposed to affect the development of this game.