Game-Labs Forum

EU Server Pledge

Jefferson Davis

1 hour ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Make up your minds as to whether you want a hard split or soft split, because it's getting ridiculous when the EU players are hounded over supposedly promoting a hard split over some forum organization when it's followed up by you guys with "pledge to never ever come back" and "don't you dare play on both servers".

Just as Bearwall, I fully intend to spend the vast majority of my time on the EU server, but still keep a character on the global one for the 5% or so of playtime that is spent on off-hour OW PvP. Solid RvR, solid OW PvP and solid off-time OW PvP - win-win, and nothing stopping you from doing the very same. And even if that wasn't the case I sure wouldn't make some silly pledge to a thinly veiled hatchet job.

Speaking of reuniting, allow me to remind you what the devs are looking for.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:00 PM, Ink said:

Thus, to cut the Gordian knot, we decided that until release there will be two servers, EU and US, with their prime timers. In the remaining development time until release we will still try to find out the solution, and apply it in case of success.

So to be honest the one thing that would risk making these servers go from being a temporary to a permanent solution is to cover your ears and keep pretending that there's no problem. Bet it has become a taboo topic to bring up in your circles already.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

So first you list a bunch of reasons you don't want to be part of the global community but then you still want a part in it when it suits you?! - I will be honest but if EU server players constantly invade our server and influence politics, RvR and economy then I and others will make damn certain to do the same on the EU server - in the end that would just be griefing and counter griefing so players should be locked to one of the two PvP servers only. It prevents griefing and gives the split community some time to calm down before we reunite the servers again!

Most players, at least among those that I know and play together with, play to have a good time and not to sabotage the fun of others. Be happy that some EU server players plan to sometimes visit the global server to give you guys some extra PvP. Have fun on the global server together with the players who have been intentionally sabotaging the fun of others and driving opponent players away, only then to mock and complain when the fruits of their labour was reaped and players started leaving because there was no fun left in the game. Better that we keep playing the game on another server than stop playing altogether. Then maybe someday we can come together on one server again.

There is a saying in some languages, that the bad things that you imagine of others that they would do, is determined by what you yourself would be capable of doing. Most EU players that intend to visit the global server, will do so for variety, PvP-targets and to meet old friends or foes. It's only really in the Western Alliance that there's been open talk of going to the EU server to sabotage after the split. But if you want to come over to the EU server to mess with the map and do some Port Battles in EU prime-time, then be my guest. Maybe some of you'll enjoy fighting skilled opposition and stick around. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

So first you list a bunch of reasons you don't want to be part of the global community but then you still want a part in it when it suits you?! - I will be honest but if EU server players constantly invade our server and influence politics, RvR and economy then I and others will make damn certain to do the same on the EU server - in the end that would just be griefing and counter griefing so players should be locked to one of the two PvP servers only. It prevents griefing and gives the split community some time to calm down before we reunite the servers again!

There's a difference between socializing and RvR.. To say that I can't go hunt with mates just because of the childish tantrums seen in this forum is.. well.. childish..

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

The funny part of it is that the majority of players that will stick to Global don't give a rats ass about what this salty forumer Global server hello kittyers ( yeah you read it right ) keep preaching with their hate towards the EU server decision.

What they are accomplishing, in my point of view is alienating themselves more and more to a corner while trying to make everyone around feel bad for some sorry reason.

Ridiculous and childish.

Let the damn thread flow until we are fed up with it sound like a good compromise until NN is finally reformed as announced a while ago. Then instead of pushing pus around festered wound they can scratch their own I-R-BABOON arses.

I have no idea what your post means, but I like it :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

It's only really in the Western Alliance that there's been open talk of going to the EU server to sabotage after the split.

Funny you should say that.  In fact I've only seen Eastern Alliance players talking about coming onto the global server and triggering early port battles just to screw with us.  

4 hours ago, monk33y said:

Hang on a second Mr mod! I'm a eu player who becuase of real life factors,(job and family), the new battle restrictions block me from taking part in rvr. Which unless I'm mistaken I'd the whole point of conquest. Im forced to play on global if I want to enjoy future rvr!! The vocal few forced this timers crap on all of us!! I'm now forced to possibly play with crap ping etc. I could just quit like I fear many will... So clap clap Devs way to go!! 

Ps. If I complain enough you think the Devs will remove battle timers!!! I don't 

Do not assume EVER others do not have families, jobs, mortgages, hobbies and a multiple other pass time activities.

Also do not assume anything about me. I am a globalist, always. But also respect decision made by the Devs.

You guys just can't seem to underhello kittyingstand that is NOT about YOU or the OTHERS.

Amazes me how the hell some folk have time for multiple accounts just to mess up with each other.

It is really ... unhealthy.

:) 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

I already did my Mea Culpa. Where is yours?

I was referring to this part:

2 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

People who are way too invested in their team to think rationally.

If you think this is a "western alliance thing" only... then you are ignorant and a hypocrite

Mr mod, you back up My point entirely. The eu server was not fixed to improve the gameplay for the bulk of eu players but instead for a noisy few.

These noisy few enjoyed winning battles with nightflips etc but jesus christ the screaming when they lost ports in nightflips still keeps me up at night with ringing in my ears!!! 

The European server was not "fixed" for European player Base but instead it was fixed to please 10% of its population!!

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Please keep unfounded accusations off of the forums. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

Funny you should say that.  In fact I've only seen Eastern Alliance players talking about coming onto the global server and triggering early port battles just to screw with us.  

References pls? or is this just idle slander while we wait for the serversplit to reignite any shred of community feeling we might have left?

think the whole point of the argument is that those that wanted a EU server said they wanted it primary because they didnt want to play at to them unsocial hours ...so they demanded a server with locked times for battles etc .... some are now saying they will be playing on both servers ??  ...leads to 2 conclusions ...they believe that there will be nothing going on in their primetime.. so see the global server as an alternative ,,, the whole eu prime time only argument was B/S and they wanted to lock those that dont live in euzone out of the game for their own benefit ie reduce the numbers playing for western alliance .... the more posts i see especially from the likes of bearwall make me believe the 2nd reason is actually the motivation for the split,,

how come the most vocal players complaining about a global server ,,, now want to play on a global server ??????

32 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

think the whole point of the argument is that those that wanted a EU server said they wanted it primary because they didnt want to play at to them unsocial hours ...so they demanded a server with locked times for battles etc .... some are now saying they will be playing on both servers ??  ...leads to 2 conclusions ...they believe that there will be nothing going on in their primetime.. so see the global server as an alternative ,,, the whole eu prime time only argument was B/S and they wanted to lock those that dont live in euzone out of the game for their own benefit ie reduce the numbers playing for western alliance .... the more posts i see especially from the likes of bearwall make me believe the 2nd reason is actually the motivation for the split,,

how come the most vocal players complaining about a global server ,,, now want to play on a global server ??????

Nothing wrong with that happening.

Devs want to see how the two servers will be used. IfEU renders itself "unused" or if Global render itself "unused" or alas if both actually grow up a lot.

It is another test.

End of.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

References pls? or is this just idle slander while we wait for the serversplit to reignite any shred of community feeling we might have left?

Please provide references of western alliance players talking about sabotaging the EU server or is this just idle slander?

Ive seen a couple replies taking about logging on global and night flipping us.  Feel free to look for them, I'm not shifting through 30 pages.  I've also seen the same comments made in global.  

Happy hunting.  

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Please provide references of western alliance players talking about sabotaging the EU server or is this just idle slander?

Ive seen a couple replies taking about logging on global and night flipping us.  Feel free to look for them, I'm not shifting through 30 pages.  I've also seen the same comments made in global.  

Happy hunting.  

Wasn't it Wraith talking about raising a squadron just to mess with diplomacy?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Wasn't it Wraith talking about raising a squadron just to mess with diplomacy?

Could be.  I also remember a Spanish member on here taking about night flipping us on global server.  I also wanna say some Coriolanus guy saying the same thing in global chat one night.       

Anyway you guys are welcome to find the posts.  My point being this is a two way street 

3 hours ago, Aventador said:

I was referring to this part:

If you think this is a "western alliance thing" only... then you are ignorant and a hypocrite

I already stated that I used to be like that. I am also seeing mostly WA players shit posting last few weeks. I don't care what you call me. But I know what I should call you.

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Happy hunting.  

I should not be required to offer proof for another mans statements.. What I am entitled to is evidence for something more than just idle slander - two wrongs doesn't make one right..

3 minutes ago, Shrez said:

I'am from PvP3 Mirror forced to PvP1 but why the heck i should chose global server over an European?

Global you can attack ports 24 hours a day Euro looks like 8 or 10 hours a day though nothing is set in stone.