Game-Labs Forum

Will there be a multiplayer aspect to the game?

michaelsmithern

Question

I got on today to see if anything new had come about, low and behold a project that looks even more impressive than the last(gettysburg) was delivered. My only question after watching the awesome video and checking the very nice photos is, if there will be multiplayer? I'm sure a game like this is well suited for single player, but a  multiplayer campaign would be interesting to see. or just a multiplayer along the lines of total war where you select units(that could have preset names) and go at it.

so basically my question is, What plans for Multiplayer are you willing to discuss at this time?

I

• Like 3

24 answers to this question

We are laser focused on the delivering the best single player experience. Currently there are no plans to add it.

PS But having said that we also did not plan to add multiplayer to Ultimate General Gettysburg initially and that position have changed over time. 

• Like 2

Yes! A campaign/single both would be great!  Make it so you can play a full campaign,  the outcome of the battle determines next battle. Save an quit, and come back later to play with a friend on campaign mode, and the single battle maps for anyone just wanting to hear those guns crackling, and cannons roaring.  Love the game. Got it on the 5th, and so far made it past Fredericksburg.  Keep it up. Best cw game like it I've played, and multi-player would be even better. Got two friends already wanting to go head to head with me. 

45 minutes ago, admin said:

We are laser focused on the delivering the best single player experience. Currently there are no plans to add it.

PS But having said that we also did not plan to add multiplayer to Ultimate General Gettysburg initially and that position have changed over time. 

I see what your saying, although it would be interesting to see a head to head campaign. However from what i've seen the single player looks phenomenal and i cannot wait to play and beat it

• Like 1

I'm sure we'd all love multiplayer maps and co-op/vs campaigns but only a tiny percentage of players touched the Gettysburg multiplayer mode. 

If there was 'spare' dev time at the end of release I'd rather have a speculative mini campaign, or even some simple mods tools to allow players to design some battles on the existing maps :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fellvred said:

I'm sure we'd all love multiplayer maps and co-op/vs campaigns but only a tiny percentage of players touched the Gettysburg multiplayer mode. 

If there was 'spare' dev time at the end of release I'd rather have a speculative mini campaign, or even some simple mods tools to allow players to design some battles on the existing maps :)

like a custom battle type game mode, where you set up units for both sides and go at it?

Did anyone here play Scourge of war Gettysburg ? The multiplayer aspect of that game especially with garniers mod in place made it a enthraling testing game but fun with it. I suspect if NA had not taken over in my list of games then I would still be playing it.

as for this game multiplayer will come when it comes and will be the better for it just my 2 cents worth

6 hours ago, Llewellyn Jones RN said:

Did anyone here play Scourge of war Gettysburg ? The multiplayer aspect of that game especially with garniers mod in place made it a enthraling testing game but fun with it. I suspect if NA had not taken over in my list of games then I would still be playing it.

as for this game multiplayer will come when it comes and will be the better for it just my 2 cents worth

agreed, however i wonder how they'll do it, since it could be a custom battle gamemode like from total war games, or it could even be as big as a head to head campaign. it'll be interesting to see for sure

Scourge of War MP was a lot of fun. I have a hard time seeing the campaign being made MP due to the immense development time it would take to balance it and make it functional. Also, people will likely quit before getting through so the value of it would be low. If MP comes to this game at all, I would guess at something like UGG has - individual scenarios to play out and if we're really lucky, full battles as they are historically.

On 15/11/2016 at 4:52 PM, Fellvred said:

This is true, but as I already said in another topic, there's a lot of people stuck on total war games playing 4v4 huge battles, and they would DEFINITELY come to civil war if they knew it had a 4v4 mode. 1v1 is not satisfactory.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex.Reiter said:

Is it big work to make campaign to multiplayer? I am no coder , so just asking? But, when the campaign is complete in single player , in my sense I don't see , why it could not be implemented to multiplayer ? Or is it a coders nightmare ? 

it probably will be, looking at the footage they'd only be able to do it a couple ways, they could set up custom battles for players to pick and choose a corp setup, or for a campaign it would have to be where both players do as they please with units(skip the first missions, phillipi and the assault on the fort) and start with bull run, and then the players would upgrade their units as in the regular game and continue on, they'd probably either vote or some kinda system for selecting the next mission. So is it possible for a multiplayer campaign? yes of course, is it gonna be a nightmare...probably, it's better to use the already premade battles and make that the multiplayer, and you could add 2v2 3v3 4v4 to some of them to account for the large amount of troops, so one player won't have to move back and forth across the battlefield to worry about shiloh church or taking the hornet's nest.

Hi all,

I'm a huge fan of UG : Gettysburg (200 hours mostly online) and I just bought UG : civil war. So far, I love the improvements of the single player campaign vs the single of UG : Gettysburg. I'm more than happy with the game so far.

But, the online experience is a huge factor for me. I don't need big multiplayer campaign, but 1 vs 1 battles (just like the old game) would be more than great!

Thanks

single player games are far more boring than real competitive multiplayer.

I love this game but I'm already bored with it with no real competition, no ladder rankings no competitive drive.

please bring Multiplayer, if you do I know your game sales will increase.

I have buy Ultimate General Civil War and i must say: I love it ;-)

But two things:

1.) A German Version were nice ;-)

2.) 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 Multiplayer were Great

And for the Germans:

Wenn es deutsche Texte geben würde wäre es sehr geil, habe gelesen das sowas evtl. geplant sei. Daher möchte ich das Entwicklerteam nur bekräftigen wenn es dann geben würde.

Und ein Multiplayer wäre geil. Dazu eignet sich das Game auch hervorragend um spannende 1vs 1 oder 2 vs 2 Matche auszufechten :-) Das wäre jedenfalls sehr geil wenn das noch kommen würde. Von mir auch aus als DLC der kostenpflichtig ist. Ich würde mir jedenfalls einen Multiplayer kaufen. Und ich denke das es eine große Treue Fangemeinde für den Multiplayer geben würde.

Ansonsten bitte weiter machen ;-)

Regards to all from Germany