Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 4 for Patch 9.96

admin

4 hours ago, Wesreidau said:

Raking Simulator beats the alternative to be sure. I'm from flight sims and FPS's... getting shot in the back and dying very quickly is pretty par for the course in all forms of combat.

Your allowing people to do it to you. speed and turning will eliminate will keep loses down. i pvp all the time in open world and am never harmed by stern rakes.

You probably do mostly port battles and are moving at a snails pace going in a straight line or sitting still. Of course youre gonna suffer. Please dont say it happens on the ow all the time because if it does you REALLY need to change things up.

Every one I hear complain in my group are in big slow SOL's and they wonder why they are getting raked.   Well maybe if you down grade to a 4th rate and stop letting them get on your arse you wouldn't get raked.  That and stop boarding ships when there are still 2-3 more ships and your alone.  I watched a fellow player get raped in a board when I was fighting some one else cause he still had two AI's on him when he boarded and they pounded him to pieces he was pretty much useless the rest of the fleet mission.   I use to love rage boarding in AI fleets, but now I won't cause of this.  I for sure hell won't do it with players around.  Even had one guy complain and said it's coward way. Well last I checked we where playing pirates and we would use any means possible as I would assume most privateers would.  War isn't pretty, you use what you need.  Many Large military's fell to smaller military cause they wouldn't do this and fought the GENTLEMEN"s way.  That doesn't work when your out number and fighting tooth and nail.  you use every trick you can.  Not to mention it's a game.   You play to win.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas SIr said:

Every one I hear complain in my group are in big slow SOL's and they wonder why they are getting raked.   Well maybe if you down grade to a 4th rate and stop letting them get on your arse you wouldn't get raked.  That and stop boarding ships when there are still 2-3 more ships and your alone.  I watched a fellow player get raped in a board when I was fighting some one else cause he still had two AI's on him when he boarded and they pounded him to pieces he was pretty much useless the rest of the fleet mission.   I use to love rage boarding in AI fleets, but now I won't cause of this.  I for sure hell won't do it with players around.  Even had one guy complain and said it's coward way. Well last I checked we where playing pirates and we would use any means possible as I would assume most privateers would.  War isn't pretty, you use what you need.  Many Large military's fell to smaller military cause they wouldn't do this and fought the GENTLEMEN"s way.  That doesn't work when your out number and fighting tooth and nail.  you use every trick you can.  Not to mention it's a game.   You play to win.

Yep been gone over a week now, don't see a reason to come back yet.  Will check back again in a week or so. I love my 4th rates :)

Edited by JobaSet

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Yep been gone over a week now, don't see a reason to come back yet.  Will check back again in a week or so. I love my 4th rates :)

I been on WoT myself this week.  My clan even got me to show up for a tier 10 Tourny tomorrow.  I only really been popping in to do econ and grind out the fine wood stuff.  The US pop zerg is going to hurt in bit as they have the biggest pop pushing it.  Thanks to many PvP1 players coming over to help them.

14 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

Your allowing people to do it to you. speed and turning will eliminate will keep loses down. i pvp all the time in open world and am never harmed by stern rakes.

You probably do mostly port battles and are moving at a snails pace going in a straight line or sitting still. Of course youre gonna suffer. Please dont say it happens on the ow all the time because if it does you REALLY need to change things up.

Are you talking to me? I'm reading a bunch of condescending presumptions with neither a basis in fact, nor in response to anything I wrote. You're probably not wearing your glasses. You should try putting your glasses on before attempting to read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wesreidau said:

Are you talking to me? I'm reading a bunch of condescending presumptions with neither a basis in fact, nor in response to anything I wrote. You're probably not wearing your glasses. You should try putting your glasses on before attempting to read.

You should have taken reading comprehension classes instead of Snarky responses101.

Sorry but now i KNOW i was right on why you get stern raked to death.

6 hours ago, Smithy said:

Are you always this irritating? (referring to another captain)

I agree, Smithy. We have to be tolerant because many in the population are immature, narcissistic and stuck in the 'I'm right, you're wrong' mode of thinking that does not allow that other people have other preferences.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lannes said:

I agree, Smithy. We have to be tolerant because many in the population are immature, narcissistic and stuck in the 'I'm right, you're wrong' mode of thinking that does not allow that other people have other preferences.

Honestly thank you for the wake up call.

It is easy to fall into the trap of measuring game experience by our own playstyles and given the sandbox nature of it we forget how expansive gameplay might be. It is its biggest quality IMO and we must strive to fit all pieces together even when two playstyles literally feed on each other and need each other.

• Like 3

My god Hethwill...I played only for portbattles/battles in "old" NA, now after patch im FORCED to spend more time on stupid trading.

Old system worked pretty good for average player if you didnt lose your ships as you could keep up on expenses just with that gold battles gave to me.

Not anymore.Even if i changed my game style, i now spend more time on traders, i still dont like fact that i bought naval action-game, not freaking naval-trading-find fjne wood-pirates are still a nation- sim....

Non existent open water battles combined to very rare port battles are really affecting my will to even log in to this game, as aggro missions we mostly are forced to do, are just plain boring...

Also, the amount of gold you now get on battles combined to crew losses and retard ship building affects way too much on my preferred game style.

Now i basicly trade&sail for 4 hours and spend maybe 1 hour in battles.

During last week i can count engagements with enemies with one hand fingers, that much i see action now.

Off course i could just sit in near free port waiting for few pirates to show up but these usually engage only when they have 3:1 or better br...

Since patch came out i have been in 4 port battles, before patch i had 1-3 big battles every night...game has just becoming way too boring trading sim and battles are turned just race for raking and killing crew ...even if its historically more correct the way new battlemechanics force you play make battles so same alike...and theres just no room for tactics, only viable choice is just as i said...killing the crew.

And worst of all...all you have to do is look at player amount in servers...dont get me wrong devs, and please, try to handle negative critisism,  but like PvP1, we have like 1000 players less now.(at least in my prime time) That drop of 800-1000 players really affects to whole gameplay experience...yesterday i logged in at my nation prime time.Seeing 427 people online, own nation TS almost empty...on friday evening.

Pain is real devs, too real...

Edited by VonCarra
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Jeheil said:

So "I hear" that Hostility Missions now close after 5 mins...any Mod/Dev wanna confirm and maybe give us a why and some design direction on how they want open world PvP in the hostility areas ?

And also tell us when OW PvP battles will remain open until battle is won completely, rather than insta-closing.

• Like 2

On 05/11/2016 at 5:52 AM, Mrdoomed said:

Well if 90% of your faction quit because of a patch and not being able to wait a few days for a fix or new patch then aloha testing is not for them. I would say life is really gonna be a challenge for them too lol.

Look guys, and please Mr Doomed don't take it personally, I'm only using your quote as an example of posts I hear all over. 

Look ahead. Who are the possible future players in this game when it is finally released. I would maintain that rather than treat everyone as just a random "tester" than you consider everyone as a final game purchaser. The have already parted with some cash.  When someone tells the developers that the game is impossible for them now or that their entire clan has left consider all these people as LOST game purchasers. Now consider the message you are sending them and perhaps consider that its not really a great message to send if you want anyone else to meet on the high seas. I already see complaints that there are not enough players to make the game interesting. Please stop the this is alpha arguement to dismiss people's actual feedback and disenchantment. They are all potential lost players. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lannes said:

Is this possible: I don't think the DEVS are listening to English speakers. Their Russian speaking players must be advising them differently?

It is impossible. All the patches put on for us to test are populated by suggestions and ideas from ALL community. Maybe not literally but as decided but it is there.

The hard is to admit that our ideas maybe didn't work. I know a few that didn't which I supported.

On 20/11/2016 at 0:23 AM, Hethwill said:

The hard is to admit that our ideas maybe didn't work. I know a few that didn't which I supported.

I would like to see which ideas have worked, so far. It seems to me nothing has worked for some months.

The one perennial complaint from those who are unhappy is that players want to play and not grind.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

I fear it isn't that complex.  The changes have been made because of testing, this is an early access or beta test.  They want to get what works.  It would be easy to just throw in a bunch of stuff and make this game hyper realistic, but it would be boring as hell sailing around for DAYS without a sail in sight. 

You FEAR it isn't complex? Yet, in three lines you have explained nothing. You have hinted at two things. One, there is a possibility of 'hyper realistic' for this game. Two, you have noted the boredom element of this game, which is a present reality and not a 'would be'.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I did explain quite a bit, I just didn't make spell it out in kindergarten terms. 

In short.

THIS IS BETA!

1de34aef8491355877285bad1c723b25a94f4403

You actually 'explained' in kindergarten terms. You just don't know you did. I'm actually looking for intelligent adult communication. Once you get past high school, you can actually write 300+ words.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 1

Maybe this is the case already? but if not, why is it not the case that when in an allied zone / green county that you could be reinforced by allies.

currently we can join against players fighting AI to defend against hostility.

yet pvp which raises hostility at a greater rate? we can not defend against?

seems pretty straight forward way to reduce Capital area seal clubbing too since the fight could be open for any ally in the area to join, as it should be I would argue. I think this would remove the need for the social perk even.

• Like 1