Game-Labs Forum

What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

Who would you sail for?  

860 members have voted

1. 1. What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

• Britain
    • France
    • Denmark - Norway
    • Spain
    • United States
    • Sweden
    • Russia
    • Other

I am suprised the Dutch weren't listed in the options. For a long period of time they dominated the seas of northern Europe and the East-Indies. So I chose "other" as my choice.

I'd love to sail under the Dutch colors in one of the Netherlands' finest vessels, like the Gouden Leeuw

Willem_van_de_Velde_(II)_-_The_%22Gouden

• 3 weeks later...

As an American old glory has its draw but I will probably go with either Denmark/Norge or Sweden as I want to fight for an underdog and help rewrite history. That and I can definitly see them expanding a lot from thier starting ports and with that their will be lots of room for profit!

• Like 1

I'm really interested to see how this turns out. With as many possessions the Spanish have in game and what looks like the current trend for the player base seems like a lot of port are going to be changing hands early on. Britain is going to explode as far as colonies go along with the Scandinavian countries. Thats is unless the AI can hold all their possessions on its own but come on?

Gawd - I hope we don't devolve into a game of "RISK" type strategery - I want the swashbuckling and adventure of the high seas.

Boo to "port battles" with lumbering oxen tripping over each other --- yea to "6v5 and 4v4 and 4v5" Frigate battles

Britain. This is partially because I'm English, partially because I grew up reading C.S. Forester's tales of Horatio Hornblower, partially from having a childhood fixation with Nelson and the Royal Navy. Terribly biased, you see. I do have some interest in the French, Dutch & Swedish navies, however.

• 2 weeks later...