Game-Labs Forum

Bermuda question

do we need to ease the bermuda struggles a bit?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. freetown 30-40 mins away from bermuda

• yes
    • no

I think an unmarked neutral port on Kidd Island (or whatever you call the hidden island) will be a sufficiently pirate-infested smuggler's den of ne'r-do-wells to make it dangerous to even sail your 1st rates to outside of a convoy. Then its still a long sail even with a good wind, but attainable. One might even avoid the pirate-infested waters and sail straight from friendly harbors if it meant concealment en route.

I also say no to this free town between Bermuda and Treasure Island. Now, if you wanted to place a free town ON treasure island, either as a new town or replacing the status of one of the towns, that might be an option...but it would still cheapen the cedar and other Bermuda-exclusive resources. Food for thought.

• Like 1

I originally voted no but after reading some feedback from other players I changed my vote to a yes.

Some things should certainly be difficult to gain in a game, like bermuda cedar, but it should not be punishing. It would certainly help all parties and nations have an option to contest the region.

I originally voted no but after reading some feedback from other players I changed my vote to a yes.

Some things should certainly be difficult to gain in a game, like bermuda cedar, but it should not be punishing. It would certainly help all parties and nations have an option to contest the region.

I read their concerns and I still say no.  Bermuda Cedar, although excellent for making fast ships, is not game breaking in any way.  You still have fir to craft your trade ships. Is Bermuda Cedar better than fir?  Slightly, but not game breakingly better.  If you want a warship, people will still be using Live Oak, Mahogany, or teak because these are simply better woods to use to construct your warships.  If you want a fast chaser ship to catch a trader, fir will still make for a good wood to do this. 

Most will settle for fir over Bermuda Cedar, but the people who really get into this game for the best of the best have something to strive for, and that is Bermuda Cedar.

Edited by Ultravis

If the delivery system allowed for transportation between your own outposts this would not be a problem.

As much as I would enjoy the convenience of being able to have deliveries between ALL my outposts (national outposts included), I would be against this ideas as it would dramatically reduce the volume of player trader traffic in Open World. 

It would all but kill the game for the Pagan Pete's (pirates and privateers) of the world.

I think that the current system of deliveries between Free Towns only is a good balance.

• Like 1

My gosh no, don't make it easier to get to.

If you do, then why not have all ports be an equal distance from each other in an even grid with a free port every 3rd square.

Somethings should be hard, some things easy.  Some risky, some safe (but always a bit of risk).  If something gets way out of whack, nerf it, but don't be bland.

My gosh no, don't make it easier to get to.

Set up production - farm - spend 10 minutes sailing from Bermuda - start afk clicker - set timer ~2 hours depending - spend 15 min sailing to port or logout at sea until you have time.

Very hard.

You need to come up with something that let's players fast travel around the world. Join hot zones when they need it. I think you simply killing your game by ignoring long sail issue. Adding extra Free-ports will not solve 8 hours to get action thing.