Game-Labs Forum

graphics card requirements

Desktop PC Specs:
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti  <<< (Just bought this to overcome the shader 4 vs.5 issue)
MB: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Model EP43-UD3L
RAM: 8.00 GB RAM
64-bit operating system
Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     E8600  @ 3.33GHz
           Number of processor cores 2

I'm playing 1920x1080 on medium (going to high afer seeing Max_86) and everything is smooth, but only playing PVE on light ships till I figure this out a bit.  So far it's really nice!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I've read through this thread and I checked out the wikipedia list of graphics cards that the "A short guide for novices" linked to, but I'm unsure about something. The list seemed to indicate that my Graphics card could manage DivX 10 only, but earlier in this thread someone posted that they needed DivX 11 for Warthunder and I play that...soooo...somewhat unsure here.

My system is:

Intel Core 2 quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Now I'm not even going to ask about top-end quality, I know the (almost guaranteed certain) answer there, but am I in with a shout for low/med graphics with "decent" performance?

Ok so I've read through this thread and I checked out the wikipedia list of graphics cards that the "A short guide for novices" linked to, but I'm unsure about something. The list seemed to indicate that my Graphics card could manage DivX 10 only, but earlier in this thread someone posted that they needed DivX 11 for Warthunder and I play that...soooo...somewhat unsure here.

My system is:

Intel Core 2 quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz

4 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Now I'm not even going to ask about top-end quality, I know the (almost guaranteed certain) answer there, but am I in with a shout for low/med graphics with "decent" performance?

Sorry, you won't be able to run the game.  It requires dx11 and your card doesn't support it.

The GT 635M is a VERY weak, low power mobile card with performance of only a couple of percentage points when compared to current desktop cards. If the AA and shadows are already off, there is little else you can do except make sure all other processes on the machine are off while playing.

Oh, my apologies then. Skyrim on High? Wow.

I made my assumption on the GPU performance websites that show scores in the 700-900 range (725 for the 635M) where desktop GPUs were scoring in the 5000-10000 range It is good to know that with the correct settings it can still be used.

Guess there's a new Graphics card in my future lol.

I did... and I've got my PC to it's limits.   No upgrades are available now (I've done CPU/Memory).   The next purchase will be a whole new PC.

I got a:

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti  <-- Bought for this game

64-bit operating system

And I'm getting 40 FPS running on High quality

will this work with an saphire radeon HD 7750 ultimate and an fx6300 6 core cpu?

more than an buggy slideshow?

Your video card seems to support DirectX 11, which is usually the main limitation on being able to run the game.  I play on a fairly old Latitude laptop and get 20-30fps on Low, which looks great as far as I'm concerned, so you can run it, and you should have a good gaming experience.  I don't have any experience with Radeon though, I'm on an NVidia card, so take my words with a grain of salt sir.

• 1 month later...

Recomended 760? jesus i only have 670, wow my computer is tragic now...

i know the feeling. by the end of this year anyone who has got a pc older than 12 months will need an upgrade.

and here i am sitting on a pc thats 5 years old, coming up on 6 *welp*

• Like 1

I did... and I've got my PC to it's limits.   No upgrades are available now (I've done CPU/Memory).   The next purchase will be a whole new PC.

I got a:

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti  <-- Bought for this game

64-bit operating system

And I'm getting 40 FPS running on High quality

Yeah it seems a Nvidia GTX 650 Ti boost is more than adequate for this game.  Get 45 or so FPS on High Quality and can run Ultra at around 25-35 fps if I really want to.

• 1 month later...

Looking at this thread I have a bad feeling I can't afford a PC to run this game

Don't be.

I used to run a 780ti upgraded from two 580s, well, the 780 died didn't it - and I'm still looking for the receipt, dohhh! The point is I only put one 580 back in and guess what?

It works beautifully :)No stutters or pauses and still get good reflections on the water and detailed ships! 

Running at - 2560X1440 at Medium settings. Going for FPS numbers not really relevant to this slower paced game - it's not a twitch shooter ;)

For what it's worth. Have at it!

S! or as I've seen in game, o7 :P

Mauler.

P.S. Still looking for that damned receipt!