Game-Labs Forum

Bermuda Cedar modification

Bermuda Cedar is fine the way it is, except for one glaring oversight. Cedar burns with incredible ferocity! The reason is that Cedar woods are full of volatile oils. These occur naturally in the tree to act as a natural insecticide. This is why clothing chests and wardrobes were made from cedar, it killed the moths.

Cedar ships should have a much harder time putting out a fire due to the highly flammable nature of the wood.

• Like 7

All ships were literally powder kegs given the amount of tar and other substances used. The natural oil would be the last of concerns with the amount of pitch, fibers and oakum thrown into the seams.

But Pagan has a point. There are no negatives in any of the trims and woods, so it is a race instead of a choice.

Guess so. Still can't read how that correlates to positive/negatives to woods, trims and module/perks.

Game-Labs knew exactly what they were doing when they put the best wood type in Flatts. Suddenly that previously all but ignored little spot on the map receives more attention than any other place, factoring in how inconvenient it is to go and operate there.

The minute there is a negative to balance cedar to the common wood types is the minute Bermuda dies again and fighting stops.

As long as cedar is OP I will continue suffering inconvenience getting hold of it, apparently I'm not alone ;)

• Like 1

Hope my little privateering venue in Little River pays off. So far no dice but a few traders coming straight from there have been spotted.

Sweet Sweet Resource wars.

Your best, um, hope is to get them while while they're afk with a keyboard macro. I bet the whole thing on people not having the motivation to sit way out in the ocean for hours to maybe once a week catch a trader. As long as I'm at the keyboard no ship has any hope of catching my custom hauler.

It is rare on map, lets hope that is enough to let it be a bit better.

I am a big fan of balanced PvP, so gear advantage is not my thing..  So can be that I am over negative, of not liking that one wood type would be better than others.  Or does it have already some hidden penalties?

Game-Labs knew exactly what they were doing when they put the best wood type in Flatts. Suddenly that previously all but ignored little spot on the map receives more attention than any other place, factoring in how inconvenient it is to go and operate there.

The minute there is a negative to balance cedar to the common wood types is the minute Bermuda dies again and fighting stops.

As long as cedar is OP I will continue suffering inconvenience getting hold of it, apparently I'm not alone ;)

I just wish there was a Freeport in/near the Bermuda area. How many crafters are actually going to take the time to sail there and back?

Your best, um, hope is to get them while while they're afk with a keyboard macro. I bet the whole thing on people not having the motivation to sit way out in the ocean for hours to maybe once a week catch a trader. As long as I'm at the keyboard no ship has any hope of catching my custom hauler.

Wait what!?! Mr. PVP sailing around in a trader hauling and crafting say it ain't so! ;)

I capped an Endymion made of Bermuda Cedar -fast. I think it has the speed of Fir but without the strength penalty.

• Like 1

Wait what!?! Mr. PVP sailing around in a trader hauling and crafting say it ain't so! ;)

Guilty as charged. We quickly found out the economy will never let fighters have the best toys (unless secret and unknown future changes), so I took it upon myself to carry that cross.

Am I appalling to you now? Will you ever even touch me again?

• Like 2

Cedar is worth far far more to the game as a strategic resource to fight over than it is a shop building material. Hopefully it stays only in Bermuda and can not be teleported out. May want to look at capping the number of factories harvesting cedar each player can have. Otherwise power players will start creating alts just to plop down x5 buildings harvesting 24/7 and it won't be a rare commodity for long.

• Like 1