Game-Labs Forum

Please Stop PB Log camping before it starts

What amuses me is what great lengths the danes have gone through to attempt this. You guys really wouldn't play for 2 days or more just so u can log on right outside of a port?

Imagine the cycle this will create. Hundreds of players not playing for days just so they can log on outside of a port and jump into port battles.

And we thought the game was dying before.

• Like 1

This is not right - it SHOULD be harder than an even fight to wrest a port away from a nation willing to gather 100 plus Captains to defend it.

The correct wording should be ABLE to gather 100 captains. 

Nationbalancing should be a thing, playerbase wise.

With alliances in place, I think it shouldn't be a problem for any nation to get 100 captains together. We have no exact numbers on playerbase, so we can only vaguely assume one nation ahs on average more players then other nations. Someone tried to figure out the playerbase based on political voting numbers, and it sorta indicated that the swede, dane, french spanish nation has a slight majority of players.

• Like 1

Crocodile tears already? Are you asserting that the RUS have a right to limit port capture mechanics to 25 Captains since they only HAVE 25 Captains? I'll remind you they are just one clan - SLRN showed (at Aves) that one clan simply can not do it alone in this game.

Edit: Also Their (RUS) bypassing the expected way of gathering for the PB (sailing) will deny dozens and dozens of British AND Danish Captains a chance to enjoy the PvP leading up to the PB.

I understand theirs is an effort to LIMIT the days fighting to ONE battle of 25V25 - I think they dishonor the OTHER Danish players who wanted to help block.

• Like 1

Crocodile tears already? Are you asserting that the RUS have a right to limit port capture mechanics to 25 Captains since they only HAVE 25 Captains? I'll remind you they are just one clan - SLRN showed (at Aves) that one clan simply can not do it alone in this game.

I have been advocating this issue for over 6 months. Especially with the new mechanic it will be very tough for smaller nations to compete with GB (and UP for that matter)

EDIT: And for the record, I have always considered SLRN with the highest regard. the problem is that that is way less with some other brit fleets.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 1

First: 2 1/2 hours. Just imagine trying to raise aggro while you have to sail for 2 1/2 hours after getting sunk while trying to raise aggro. No kudo's for that I guess?

Second: Brits have always told us they are allowed to use mechanics (quote from Gooneybird). We repay the favor. And that quote exploit-feature has been used in the DN nation for at least 8 months now when talking about the Brit nation.

BULLSHIT!!! - Considering the size that YOU always proclaim the British fleet has been in considerably less actual (not just accused) exploits then the Danes and quite frankly you personally. You are a liar and twist the truth on these forums and ingame every single time I see you around. This is the time the Brits will repay the favour - then I want to see you cry and I will laugh.

1) I did actually say kudos for the effort of raising the hostility! - read first before spewing out your crap on these forums!

BULLSHIT!!! - Considering the size that YOU always proclaim the British fleet has been in considerably less actual (not just accused) exploits then the Danes and quite frankly you personally. You are a liar and twist the truth on these forums and ingame every single time I see you around. This is the time the Brits will repay the favour - then I want to see you cry and I will laugh.

Everyone forgets the exact same thing was done in St. Nicholas by the Royal Navy during the United Nations offensive against the black scourge.

So... glass roofs.

It is an issue that must be contained.

So....

100+ RN ship blocking the french weren't there a few days ago?

You amuse me.

Edited by Kloothommel

The solution is absolutely simple.  If it say "area protected by ________" and the text is in red.....YOU CANNOT LOG OUT.  Sail five minutes away from port....Then log out.  

Removing all the efforts of every allied nation to show up, help screen/defend by exploiting logging out under the guns of a emeny port is just WRONG.

• Like 9

So....

100+ RN ship blocking the french weren't there a few days ago?

You amuse me.

If you're talking about Bridgetown, we had outposts there and nearby, plus we had a lot of help from the Dutchies. Brits didn't have 100 ships there, and we certainly didn't use this exploit.

The solution is absolutely simple.  If it say "area protected by ________" and the text is in red.....YOU CANNOT LOG OUT.  Sail five minutes away from port....Then log out.  

Removing all the efforts of every allied nation to show up, help screen/defend by exploiting logging out under the guns of a emeny port is just WRONG.

I think you also shouldn't be able to enter a "protected by" area until your able to attack and be attacked, so timers would need to expire prior to entering too.

• Like 1

so the brits want every hostile nation to go through their screening fleet, but them self can log on right outside the port and there is no forum post or mention of exploit???

Take in to consideration that the british nation also can mount more captains then the entire alliance of the danes and if we want everyone to go through screening fleets nation need to be balanced aswell to make it fair... the pb will be fair no matter what as it's 25v25..

Just suck it up and play a fair fight instead of allways want 2/1 odds

• Like 1

All fighting aside, this is or is not an exploit.  All I want to know is, is this legal or not.  If its legal then that's fine, ill be there in the port, and everyone needs to understand honor chest pounding or not this WILL be the new norm.  If you are able to join immediately after logging on, then there is no reason to do it any other way with 46 hours to prep.  If it is not legal then there needs to be real consequences now, not after it gets used.

National balancing is in the game, even with our pop we can only have 2 port battles at any one time, if that's not enough propose an alternative, but don't say there is none.  This can just as easily be used on Dane territory, or French or Spanish, you don't even need a national port to stage out of any more, any nation can launch conquest out of any freeport or allied port.  If logging out is ok then I can launch a 25 man fleet at any port in the game with no chance of intercept, so long as i can build hostility.  There will literally be no borders and no safe zones your front line will be every province you own. 

so the brits want every hostile nation to go through their screening fleet, but them self can log on right outside the port and there is no forum post or mention of exploit???

Take in to consideration that the british nation also can mount more captains then the entire alliance of the danes and if we want everyone to go through screening fleets nation need to be balanced aswell to make it fair... the pb will be fair no matter what as it's 25v25..

Again, british ships leave british ports. You might even see some of Britain's allies at times. It makes perfect logical sense that defenders would be in that port.

On the contrary, Enemy ships do not camp directly outside for 2 days while the guys in the forts play cards and oh wow suddenly there's an attack.

Just remember that what goes around comes around. What is that port where Danes get their gold from? Aricebo? Such a shame, too. San Juan would actually be a very defensible harbor but I guess there's no need to worry about that when we'll be logged out under the crossed swords. Or maybe u guys can just endure the stress of simply thinking that we'll now do something like that. I wouldn't take my eyes off of that port if I were you.

. . . And this is the future of port battles. Abusing mechanics repeatedly until it becomes fun for no one.

Developers need to address it ASAP.

I would even be fine with people escaping a screening fleet in battle and being able to join the PB once the battle is over as a reward for making it past the blockade (just an idea, needs work). But avoiding a blockade by logging off right outside the port is stupid, any way you slice it.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

If the Brits used the exploit, then it's up to other people to make it known, assuming it even happened and you're not just lying to make your point. NOBODY should be allowed to use it, and every nation should be allowed to screen for their PBs. Making the excuse "we're smaller" doesn't make it right. Nation balance is another issue altogether. Stop using it to justify using an exploit. If someone chooses to join a smaller nation than the ones they're attacking, it's up to them to get help from their allies. If you can't field enough ships, then don't try to attack the port.

Basically, your whole argument here is "boo hoo, we're a smaller nation and it's not fair, so we're allowed to cheat and nobody has the right to criticise us for it"

Edited by Purple Ronnie

No a brit started the thread to stop it before it starts, previously there was the check in that there was a flag that could not log out and could be intercepted,  Even if the fleet was logged out there was still a flag to stop and thus value to screening fleets.  No nation in the game can reasonably say they have never done it last map cycle.  We are talking about a new map cycle with a new system.

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H
  • Like 1

have had this happen to us on pvp2 already went to blockade a port so the US couldnt get to it and we were doing a great job till people started logging in right on top of the xswords and you cant tag them till after 20 sec when they log on and they can get into the battle after 30 sec from log on.... 

SO i would like to see people not being able to log off in open water/world if they are in ememy waters. This would be easy to do as we can already see when we are in enemy waters and when we are in friendly waters. That would stop people from being able to sail out there hours if not day before the battle and just logging off. But would still give people the chance to log off in OW if they needed to so long as they werent in a "red" zone.

• Like 1

Again, british ships leave british ports. You might even see some of Britain's allies at times. It makes perfect logical sense that defenders would be in that port.

On the contrary, Enemy ships do not camp directly outside for 2 days while the guys in the forts play cards and oh wow suddenly there's an attack.

Just remember that what goes around comes around. What is that port where Danes get their gold from? Aricebo? Such a shame, too. San Juan would actually be a very defensible harbor but I guess there's no need to worry about that when we'll be logged out under the crossed swords. Or maybe u guys can just endure the stress of simply thinking that we'll now do something like that. I wouldn't take my eyes off of that port if I were you.

. . . And this is the future of port battles. Abusing mechanics repeatedly until it becomes fun for no one.

Developers need to address it ASAP.

I would even be fine with people escaping a screening fleet in battle and being able to join the PB once the battle is over as a reward for making it past the blockade (just an idea, needs work). But avoiding a blockade by logging off right outside the port is stupid, any way you slice it.

The Brits have used this tactic themself so shut it...

I welcome the brits to try and take a 1st rate port from us with 25v25:D