Game-Labs Forum

I thing craftable is too extreme, maybe a drop chance when crafting the ship it would fit on like:

Basic             0,5%

Common       0,67 %

Fine              0,8 %

Mastercraft   0,9 %

Exeptional     1%

But I don't see the problem with it being event drops only, it's alright for me.

Edited by BlueEagleGER
  • Like 1

There still should be availible paint, but also keep rare paints. Captains in the day didnt have to "win an event" for paint.

captains werent able to choose the colors of their ship, back in the day. Except private traders,but even them had just a limited amount of paintshemes to choose without being identified wrong and therfor getting into friendly fire. Military vessels were painted by the goverement. Private Privateer and Pyrates would be the only ones who could be able to use any colorsheme.

so by hsitoric accuracy i demand Paintshemas only aviable for pyrates ;P

-Historic arguments dosent work, just stop it thx

As long as there are not extreme colors that make ships look rediculous, I am in favor of opening up paint to all players as a craftable item. Lets face it, most players want a chance to customize their ships this is a great way with paint to make customers very happy.

Making it so that it is rare or that only the quickest and strongest clans have access to paint will only frustrate the masses of have nots, for something that makes the game look better it doesnt break the game, why not?

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 4

As long as there are not extreme colors that make ships look rediculous, I am in favor of opening up paint to all players as a craftable item. Lets face it, most players want a chance to customize their ships this is a great way with paint to make customers very happy.

Making it so that it is rare or that only the quickest and strongest clans have access to paint will only frustrate the masses of have nots, for something that makes the game look better it doesnt break the game, why not?

Absolutely +1. I can't really understand why the possibility to customize a ship should stay as a rare thing.

• Like 1

captains werent able to choose the colors of their ship, back in the day. Except private traders,but even them had just a limited amount of paintshemes to choose without being identified wrong and therfor getting into friendly fire. Military vessels were painted by the goverement. Private Privateer and Pyrates would be the only ones who could be able to use any colorsheme.

so by hsitoric accuracy i demand Paintshemas only aviable for pyrates ;P

-Historic arguments dosent work, just stop it thx

Not sure of your correctness on that, but I heard they were able to. Also, what if I had an essex and I'm GB? Do I keep it white? I'm for nelson's chequer, which most of the ships of the RN had, and I dont get an option to do that?

edit-

http://www.larsonweb.com/Transfer/Miniatures/Sail/NAPSHIPS.htm

and https://books.google.com/books?id=Fl6ICwAAQBAJ&pg=PT134&lpg=PT134&dq=were+captains+able+to+paint+their+ships+in+the+napoleonic+wars&source=bl&ots=gC-1PvufOq&sig=eMHYVV8k-OqVXMxW9CQrGm3FYis&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfyu_k1pzPAhWBaSYKHZ4PCuAQ6AEILzAC#v=onepage&q=were%20captains%20able%20to%20paint%20their%20ships%20in%20the%20napoleonic%20wars&f=false

^ contains same historic evidence showing that captains could indeed paint their ships

Edited by Sir Matthew Latham

In comes the white ships with black dicks all over them! seriously, people would do that, i prefer this over that.

Let's get real here.  Paint jobs have been done successfully in other games with no issues.  You have color scheme options for different sections of the ship like hull, deck 1, deck 2 etc, trim, masts, sails, decorations ie. gilding and figureheads,  the gun carriages (I'd prefer mine to be red), and lastly the ship name.  This is not rocket science.

Customizing the ships would be fun. Just choosing the class and then colours for everything, the name, maybe even though figurehead.

For me this is something for the future. I hope the devs concentrate on the next patch with portbattles and then on economy and missions. Painting the ship is for the last stage, maybe even after release.

By the way, I like the default colours.