Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Coalition war issue Sept2016

Celtiberofrog

My one and only worry is that a lot of Dutch players might soon come to realise what useless allies GB are and wish to change sides. We really don't want more allies, we want more enemies.

Well, Brits proved to be worthy allies. Most noticeably in my view, they put quite some effort in keeping our western boarder safe from attacks from Haiti for months. However, their player base is not large enough to support war effort on all fronts.

Note, that with the French remaining hostile in the East (this is the 3rd Dutch-French war since release), the Dutch had little choice but to stay neutral and then later patch a defensive alliance with the Brits, from geographic considerations, but also because the Brits were at constant war with 2-3 nations and there was never a proper chance to turn on them (who does not want to fight Brits in this game? lol) w/o dis-balancing the situation. Furthermore, the Dutch alliance with Brits was for most part defensive in nature. Only more recently, the Dutch took a more offensive stance, against the Spanish in particular, which was probably a step too far. I also feel the Dutch did not score with the three admiral treaty, when we tried to play sort of police role, which does not suit the nation imho.

My point is that the Dutch nation put quite some effort into keeping it civil as far as RvR is concerned. So, all that BS about "the Dutch tasting the pill they invented" is just BS. We never reduced the French to a single port and always offered them generous peace conditions. As for recent wars with the Spanish, if even group of the Dutch did participate in rolling last few Spanish ports recently, that does not represent the nation (any nation contain a group of players w/o who do not know when to stop).

• Like 3

Just because you repeat it more over it doesn't become true.

The British Zerg you keep on talking about exists in your head and nowhere else (I would love the British nation to be this unbeatable juggernaut with hundreds of active players. Unfortunately it just isn't.)

• Like 1

t, it clearly shows an unhealthy desire of removing, by any means, a nation from the RvR, no matter the consequences nor the playerbases.

Why do I keep hearing this from Spain? It is no longer a matter of misunderstanding it is just flat out falsehood. We stopped so as not to take you out by implementing the 3 Admirals treaty even before you signed on giving you back ports and securing your boarders with plenty of room for you to grow as a nation. In response to this Spain started pulling flags while we where in talks and first made a lame excuse it was a rouge clan and then Posted in here that they where going to attack after they had already pulled the flags, So you where attacked again by us. This time with more force. But we stopped (you did not stop us) well short of wiping you out and left again plenty of ports open for you to take. So please stop with this BS that we are trying to wipe you out. Its not true and never has been.

• Like 1

until population grows to a point where there is 24 hour coverage of the way to big map for this population you will always have issues with timer based things.

Even when it turns to contention points there will be an issue because certain factions can only play certain timeslots effectively.  It is a scaling issue as much as it is a design issue.

• Like 2

I can say the same thing to you about port timers. Is it only the Spanish that get to have ports at times when they are playing? What about the rest of the people who do not get to play on EU times? Also if we are going to be honest we all know 90% of the ports Bits have mean almost nothing. If anything it hurts us alot more then it helps.Trying to fight all over the map is what is helping other nations deal with the "British Zerg", And a big reason why we have the most people yet pull the same size PvP fleets as other nations unless its around our Home waters. 

Bah sorry for the rant, I think the OP has a good idea maybe half a dozen Ports or so with the resourses needed for ship building be put on a no attack lists for each nation. that way everyone has the ability to keep building ships to fight everything else goes to who ever can hold them.

• Like 1

I've been away for about a week, and I see Spanish ports near the Dutch capital and French ports in Cuba.

With all due respect to the OP, these fears of reducing a nation to nothing are unfounded, or at least, overblown. The chance to break out of any stranglehold is very much possible in this game, but it does require some effort. I can only imagine with the new port battle system, it will only become easier to sail across the map and claim a port before any enemy can react, regardless of how strong or weak that faction is. I think it will make the game more interesting because 'front lines' will not be so static and clearly defined.

The most difficult task lies in motivating 'carebears' to sail more than 10 minutes away from the capital waters, and I partially blame the mechanics for this. The ability to always have the default teleport be to the capital, not to mention being given your first outpost in the capital, only tends to draw people back to the capitals. The capitals therefore become trading hubs, perhaps the only trading hub of the nation, and serve as nothing more than cheese in a mousetrap. (So basically, you're setting yourself up to be surrounded if you don't keep on the move.)

Expand. Set up outposts in far away lands. That way if SHTF at home, you have somewhere else to strike from. Get out of the capitals and live a little.

If anything, the dutch made a blunder when they decided not to hold at least one or two of the ports they had in Haiti, such as Tiburon, from which they could expand outward if the need arose. Now they're being encircled at Willemstad by their enemies on all sides. But I don't think it's the end for the Dutch, it only makes things a bit harder as now they're having to fight operating out of their capital and nearby ports, rather than having the option of raising hell in some other area of the map.

And I have to agree with what another poster commented, in that we don't need to make the capitals any safer than they already are. What is needed, is a design that encourages players to actually move around the map. Perhaps the re-distribution of resources so that you have to sail to different regions of the map to obtain them is needed, and you won't be able to just play near your capital and make short trade runs in order to craft all your first rates. Something to get people moving.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 2

Agree with OP. We can agree, if every nation want, some "safe ports" to protect the noobs of every nation. It would be honorable for every nation. But this doesnt mean we wont pushed as we were if this agreement is not accepted (ejem verengenos).

Please, dont make this thread a new discussion about British and American abuse of timers.

Pd: some "brilliant" given ideas are actual mechanics anounced to be included in future patches... Like material re-disitribution. We are trying to figure out ways to keep the game alive in the meantime. If someone dont see why this is important... They should think about it.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

You had aprox. four times the population of Spain judging by game voting.

And I think zerging is more like a "attitude".

And Britain two weeks ago repeated itself in this kind of behaviour. 35 conquered ports in one weekend is not only a matter of a brilliant strategy, is about numbers and more important, it clearly shows an unhealthy desire of removing, by any means, a nation from the RvR, no matter the consequences nor the playerbases.

so much wrong with that post ,,,,

we may have 4 times the numbers but nobody really knows ...we also have the biggest number as a percentage player base of people who dont want to RVR .. even you must realise  and admit its  the same names you see in port   battles  , if we had the numbers available that you claim we would be able to put out at least 3-4 full fleets ,, so why are we sometimes unable to get more than 15 into a battle ???  

I spent most of that weekend taking the gulf of mexico ports ...there was never more than 4 or 5  brits,,,, first night we had help of US but not big numbers  3 boarding ships and 1 to run back and forth creating flags ...thats not a zerg its apathy from defending nation that let us do it ... 

it has not and will never be our aim to wipe any nation off the map .... we stopped attacking spanish ports  before the 3 admirals treaty ...a decision made by the Brit nation as a whole ...commencement of hostilities was made by spain you attacked us as soon as treaty ended .... so you were attacked ...thats all there was to it

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Agree with OP. We can agree, if every nation want, some "safe ports" to protect the noobs of every nation. It would be honorable for every nation. But this doesnt mean we wont pushed as we were if this agreement is not accepted (ejem verengenos).

Please, dont make this thread a new discussion about British and American abuse of timers.

Pd: some "brilliant" given ideas are actual mechanics anounced to be included in future patches... Like material re-disitribution. We are trying to figure out ways to keep the game alive in the meantime. If someone dont see why this is important... They should think about it.

apart from liking your own post :P

i agree

• Like 1

I dont get what this is about, but to close this (maybe) in a german saying:

"Fall down, get up, straighten crown, carry on"    -   or:   "If you got beaten down, you'll rise again like a phoenix from the ashes"

I mean you all know these quotes and they are true! If you get beaten down (or here down to one port), the weak may switch the nation but the good/hard players will stay and fight for their country. You get stronger! You get closer! No need for a safeszone :D

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!" :P

Edited by Twig
  • Like 5

Is this something even worth discussing for the upcoming port conquest patch?

If capitals become conquerable and induce a forced alliance for 3 weeks, a nation that wants to preserve its playerbase by having a number of safe ports nearby will simply have to surrender the capital - even if it is able to defend it indefinitely. It's completely in the hands of the nation that is under attack rather than hoping that the attacker shows mercy.

Also keep in mind that these self-imposed restrictions would also hurt the motivation of PvP players since you'd end up with unwinnable/never-ending wars when X ports are untouchable. Ports are finally about to matter again, let's not squander that.

I will try to explain it plain and easy for those that think is "good" to allow a natiom been reduced to 1 port....

-If a nation it's reduced to 1 port, 90℅ of the players will give up and they will leave THE GAME (no the nation)

- If a nation is too strong for the other nations they will get most of the players (hello british!) And the nations unbalance will grow what will make more players of the bullied nation leave THE GAME.

- If the noobs are bullied and ganked at the very first moment they attempt to play the game they will not only leave THE GAME but will write bad reviews of the game, what will attract less players.

And guess what, this is a MMO, if you have not a lot of players, the game is dead. So please, make an effort to understand that keep a balanced big players numbers its more important than beating your enemy. Keep a player base its not only good but essential for the game, its a MMO.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar
  • Like 1

I will try to explain it plain and easy for those that think is "good" to allow a natiom been reduced to 1 port....

-If a nation it's reduced to 1 port, 90℅ of the players will give up and they will leave THE GAME (no the nation)

- If a nation is too strong for the other nations they will get most of the players (hello british!) And the nations unbalance will grow what will make more players of the bullies nation leave THE GAME.

- If the noobs are bullied and ganked at the very first moment theg attempt to pkay the game they will not only leave THE GAME but will write bad reviews of the game, what will attract less players.

And guess what, this is a MMO, if you have not a lot of players, the game is dead. So please, make an effort to understand that keep a balanced big players numbers its more important than beating your enemy. Keep a player base its not only good but essential for the game, its a MMO.

I havent seen that when we got reduced to one port (2 times) :-/

• Like 3

- If a nation is too strong for the other nations they will get most of the players (hello british!) And the nations unbalance will grow what will make more players of the bullied nation leave THE GAME.

- If the noobs are bullied and ganked at the very first moment they attempt to play the game they will not only leave THE GAME but will write bad reviews of the game, what will attract less players.

Getting hammered can be good for your faction. It will clear out a lot of glory hunters and profit merchants, and leave you with the rocks that your nation is built on. As long as those rocks don't brake the rest is not important. The fewer ports you have the easier it is to defend them, there are a lot more hostile NPC fleets to farm in your home waters and your members have less distance to sail to get involved in PVP. Noobs are getting farmed at every major capital regardless of how well the nation is doing in RVR. At least when a nation is down to one or two ports the vets are brought closer to the new players and not half way around the world on various fronts

• Like 2

Veterans cannot disregard the true helping of the newcomers and on the PvP server, regardless of many being PvErs.

There is a true risk of, anytime and anywhere, any ship being intercepted by raiders and most are not prepared to cope with it and they embrace defeatism right from the start of the battle.

Thats why you are attacking dutch with such high numbers of players and fake flags? Hmmmm?

... whatelse, you dont get that its more important to keep the game alive than keep your fun closer to you capital.

Feel free to keeping game alive you know. No one is forcing you to stomp enemy ... it`s your decision.

Stop your poor propaganda.

Everyone with half brain can see what your alliance is trying to do here. You want us to leave brits and turn against them. Not going to happen. Know why? Because its already unbalanced and on your favour no matter what you are going to say here.

We are being forced to ally with brits because of that. And we`ll survive till port wipe and new conquest mechanics are introduced. Who knows what happens then ...

Thats why you are attacking dutch with such high numbers of players and fake flags? Hmmmm?

Feel free to keeping game alive you know. No one is forcing you to stomp enemy ... it`s your decision.

Stop your poor propaganda.

Everyone with half brain can see what your alliance is trying to do here. You want us to leave brits and turn against them. Not going to happen. Know why? Because its already unbalanced and on your favour no matter what you are going to say here.

We are being forced to ally with brits because of that. And we`ll survive till port wipe and new conquest mechanics are introduced. Who knows what happens then ...

Hahahahahahaha grow up dude and take your glasses. I wont discuss such stupidity here, if you want to start it open a new thread, this is about giving EVERY nation a safe zone, what right now its specially good for Dutches.

Hahahahahahaha grow up dude and take your glasses. I wont discuss such stupidity here, if you want to start it open a new thread, this is about giving EVERY nation a safe zone, what right now its specially good for Dutches.

The issue is that you definatly need glasses more then me.

We dont need safe zone. We`ll deal with you guys this way or another.

Problem is that people are not interested in pb`s atm because wipe will be anytime soon.

But some egomaniacs in some nations cant deal with it, and pull high amount of flags/trade ships with flags and try to get as much as they can.

Like i said before we know what you are trying to do.

And this game doesnt need any safe zones. You have allies. Thats enough to survive. If anything there can be some kind of mechanics to prevent infinite wars and gives some kind objective to fill for winning side. Nothing more.

Now you can back to your propaganda about evil brits etc etc.