Game-Labs Forum

New PVE server is slow

Jack MacNeill

I can see how it won't be to bad as PvE your not doing PB"s and PvP where you need the good ping connection.  When I played on PvP1 you could tell the bad ping rate big time in big battles.  My nomarl ping is about 159 with abour 59 on the US servers.   That is a big jump and it's why many of us don't want to merge PvP1 and 2 cause of the ping rate.   I really don't get why they keep supproting the PvE server as it's not really bringing much to the game and you honestly can go weeks without getting hit in the OW if you just sale smartly.  Hell I only been able to not escape once when I been tagged and didn't want to stay and fight cause I was in a loaded trader.  This prob why we been seeing a lot of PvE guys showing up wanting to join the PvP 2 server.  The bad ping rate after the move.

Given many Oceanic fellows play on PvP1, plenty of US, and overall Russians with their 6 timezones as well I risk to say there's no issue with ping that affects decisively pvp or port battles ( let's dismiss individual players ISP choices as some are playing from the backcountry using sattelite ).

Still, and putting aside technical performance and service quality, the best option is the middle ground and in the eventuality of a merge stick everything on US.

I can see how it won't be to bad as PvE your not doing PB"s and PvP where you need the good ping connection.  When I played on PvP1 you could tell the bad ping rate big time in big battles.  My nomarl ping is about 159 with abour 59 on the US servers.   That is a big jump and it's why many of us don't want to merge PvP1 and 2 cause of the ping rate.   I really don't get why they keep supproting the PvE server as it's not really bringing much to the game and you honestly can go weeks without getting hit in the OW if you just sale smartly.  Hell I only been able to not escape once when I been tagged and didn't want to stay and fight cause I was in a loaded trader.  This prob why we been seeing a lot of PvE guys showing up wanting to join the PvP 2 server.  The bad ping rate after the move.

I don't see why people who enjoy the PVP servers consistently wish to suppress the joy of those who don't. It might not bring much satisfaction to your game but it does to mine. The ability to explore far and wide, the peace and serenity of NOT having to look over your shoulder at every turn and the fine manners and behavior of those sharing the PVE experience being just part of our satisfaction.

• Like 3

That cause your prob only doing missions at most?   Try a Port battle with 25 vs 25 players and tell me how that ping and lag seems.

Since it is a PvE server, there will never be a Port Battle, but you know that already. So it is really an impossibility to try a Port Battles and tell you how that ping and lag appear.

While there is a number of individuals who cannot wrap their heads around enjoyment of the PvE server, there is a fairly large group of PVE players who do enjoy the PvE server. A poor ping is an issue no matter how and where you play.

Ping can be very low but connection having a lot of latency issues with critical amount of data being lost or out of synchronization. The causes can be immense but from experience, especially on Arma servers it is always on the client end ( including ISP ). We did have to filter out players ( from a bare metal 250 player server hosted on a Gig line ) which had excellent pings but their data loss would hit 10k packs at times delivering lag to everyone ( arma runs with synchronization to the lowest in the render bubble ).

This to say, check thoroughly your system. If it is Windows 10 there's a lot of network services running which you might not need.

• Like 1

Since it is a PvE server, there will never be a Port Battle, but you know that already. So it is really an impossibility to try a Port Battles and tell you how that ping and lag appear.

While there is a number of individuals who cannot wrap their heads around enjoyment of the PvE server, there is a fairly large group of PVE players who do enjoy the PvE server. A poor ping is an issue no matter how and where you play.

Actually if you do any big fleets with AI you can get some pretty big lag. I use to play on PvP1 EU server until the split and I moved to PvP2 cause the population went up and I'm a US player.  When I use to be on the EU server you could feel the issues when you did any big fleets not just PvP battles.  So yes you can get issues with the PvE server being in EU and not the US any more.

Oh and with the new maps they been showing there will be a merger of the two servers with both PvP and PvE on one server so yes it makes a big diffrence when you get forced to play on a server across the world.  Unless they only Merge PvP1 and PvE and than just add the PvE zones for PvP2 for people to pick which they want to play on the EU or the US server.   Which wouldn't be a bad thing.  They still get the PvE zone of the better server and the option to PvP if they so choose or just stay in there safe zone.

I have done fleet actions up to flag captain quite regularly and I can't see much difference. I can see that your motivation is to present a case that the ping will make battle on the PVP server difficult for those not in Europe and hence a desire not to merge PVP2 with PVP1. This is a different issue and your case needs to be made separately. I am more interested to see if others on the PVE server are affected. 

Getting slightly off topic myself I do not relish a separate small PVE area on a merge with PVP either. It's like...here, have a few ports and a bit of the map and PVE all you like while at the moment I am enjoying the beautiful scenery and prospects of exploring the whole map. All those islands to find and explore......