Game-Labs Forum

Statistics per Captain

It would be really cool if I can look up my stats. For example, if i wanted to see how many ships I've lost, how many ships I've sunk, how many cannons I've fired in total, how much gold I've collected on the account etc, I could just click the stats button.

My idea for this is just for informational purposes but this information could be used on the backend somehow later on in the future!

• Like 2

I thought we were talking about adding player statistics into the game, not sissy fighting over who's the better captain like two year olds. Right?

I think it's a great idea. Seeing player statistics can create competition between players, and recognize the skill of captains in your nation, or the world on the top of the leader-board. It could be a catalyst for competition like duels and honor-based combat, and help stimulate PVP; It's my opinion that the PVP servers need as much PVP as possible! Plus, I think it would be neat to see my personal statistics in judging my overall performance as a captain. I have no idea what my K:DR ratio is, or how many ships I've defeated- or how many times I've lost  ;)

I thought we were talking about adding player statistics into the game, not sissy fighting over who's the better captain like two year olds. Right?

I think it's a great idea. Seeing player statistics can create competition between players, and recognize the skill of captains in your nation, or the world on the top of the leader-board. It could be a catalyst for competition like duels and honor-based combat, and help stimulate PVP; It's my opinion that the PVP servers need as much PVP as possible! Plus, I think it would be neat to see my personal statistics in judging my overall performance as a captain. I have no idea what my K:DR ratio is, or how many ships I've defeated- or how many times I've lost ;)

You want to see sissy fighting and epeen contests ? Add stats to game.

• Like 2

I mean, I really want to see stats to see what I'm good at and bad at. Its also neat to see the areas I can do better in or haven't really attempted. 

As far as the epeen meter comments, who cares? There will always be gamers (people who enjoy competition) who will try to smear or slander you because its a game. Most of these individuals have voices that squeak and theres also an ignore button... so again who cares?

Its all in the name of fun... 

If you dont think its fun, or you feel its harassment in some way, you as player instigated the situation or asked for it to happen!  

I dont think there would be a problem with this leaderboards/rankings because good sportsmanship doesn't revolve around "I can do it better than you". Good sportsmanship is "I won, but heres what you can do better. The last time you lost/won you did this wrong/right". That is what stats and rankings can do, provide a measure to what you claim you can do better, and what your constructive comments relate to. Not a measure of your epeen.

I mean, I really want to see stats to see what I'm good at and bad at. Its also neat to see the areas I can do better in or haven't really attempted.

As far as the epeen meter comments, who cares? There will always be gamers (people who enjoy competition) who will try to smear or slander you because its a game. Most of these individuals have voices that squeak and theres also an ignore button... so again who cares?

Its all in the name of fun...

If you dont think its fun, or you feel its harassment in some way, you as player instigated the situation or asked for it to happen!

I dont think there would be a problem with this leaderboards/rankings because good sportsmanship doesn't revolve around "I can do it better than you". Good sportsmanship is "I won, but heres what you can do better. The last time you lost/won you did this wrong/right". That is what stats and rankings can do, provide a measure to what you claim you can do better, and what your constructive comments relate to. Not a measure of your epeen.

You dont know what youre good at? Hm i pretty much know what i do well and what my weakness are and i dont need to measure my epeen to do it. Edited by Mrdoomed

i think it's a good idea to add some stats. no need to count pve sinks, but the pvp kill and assists, or being killed, how many and which ships build. i would like that.

Yes because try hards would never make an alt to sink in pvp all day amd then strut around comparing epeens all day. Even in games that have hidden stats the try hards just insist upon pasting a copy of thier scores to sigs just so they can belittle people.

We are gonna get stats butt stats are a shit idea that is always manipulated by try hards.

• Like 1