Game-Labs Forum

Devs plz consider returning the camera at least to PvE where exploiting it doesnt really apply or just remove the speed up feature and have it at the lowest speed where it would take for ever to use it for exploit. Many of us enjoy the camera views of our ships and being able to stand on our decks while OW sailing. Makes it more immersive, especially now that you have added fishing and map coordinates.post-21540-0-68071100-1467334879_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Devs plz consider returning the camera at least to PvE where exploiting it doesnt really apply or just remove the speed up feature and have it at the lowest speed where it would take for ever to use it for exploit. Many of us enjoy the camera views of our ships and being able to stand on our decks while OW sailing. Makes it more immersive, especially now that you have added fishing and map coordinates.attachicon.gif570901be.jpg

If they do, I hope only for PvE. It does work in battle screen tho. I did like that I didnt have to sail so close to a port just to see what it was

Oh my gosh.  What a disappointment.  Such a short sighted decision. (no pun intended).

This is a huge degradation of the game.  Previously there was a very limited first person view.  A player was forced to be nailed the mast about 10 feet up in the air.  The forward view was obstructed by a mast in the face.  The alternative was to look down on the ship from above it which ruined the immersive effect of sailing.  The saving feature was that we could at least obtain a realistic view by double tapping "Home" and re positioning the camera view.  It would have been considerate to allow control of the ship after pressing the home key.  But at least we could console ourselves knowing that we could still use the home key to access a camera view.

yes ..previously by double tapping the home key a player could move about the ship.  It was possible to move the bow or the stern.  It was even possible to climb the mast and look out from the upper portions of the rigging.

This game is way too competitive and those of us who would like to enjoy the beauty of the game are pushed aside and ignored.  It would have been okay to limit the camera view to a radius about the ship or allow the camera to move very very slowly so that it would have been ineffective to use as a cheat.  But instead the players who would like to enjoy the open world and the incredible immersive world that is Naval Action are rudely discarded as worthless.

Please tell us that this is a temporary measure and the camera view will be improved and restored.  Please, limit the distance that camera can be used from the ship.  Please,  allow only very very slow speed movement with the w,s,d,a keys.  But please do not remove the camera view.

These changes keep limiting us more and more.

Previously we could amuse ourselves in open world by positioning ourselves on the deck and being the captain of our in a virtual world.  Now we are limited to the view from 10 feet up the mast or hoovering magically above the ship.  You have limited the enjoyment of open world sailing.  You have made the open world more boring.

Removal of the first person view from deck in an instance.  This is not possible anymore.

The possibilities for videos has been severely snubbed.

• Like 1

well i miss it to

but i do understand why it is gone.  (they did not have reconnaissance planes in those days )

in battle it is still there.... because it is in a restricted aria

i use the telescope more often now in OW

Edited by Thonys

Macjimm thank you for your articulate support, I hope the devs listen . I don't care nor have time for PvP but I really enjoy the beautiful world that was created and a big part of it was being able to stand and move about the ship or anchor at a lone island , explore the beach and look at my ship. The fact that I sail in real life and just sailed the Florida keys makes this game to have a special meaning to me. Please listen to us, there are a number of ways to implement this , some suggested here, that would avoid the ability to exploit this. Thanks for reading

Limiting OW Home camera to slowest speed would be a great compromise.

If you're going to take away the Home Camera on the OW, then less-crappy camera perspectives must be added fast. Masthead view, quarterdeck view, etc.

Just scroll wheel back you have a good view all around the ship

True that using the mouse wheel will allow a view all around.

But it is a third person view. As if the player is magically floating in the air looking down from above. Maturin makes a good point, that alternative views would be helpful. Currently we have no way to view from the deck of the ship, as if we are actually sailing.

Perhaps having the option to view from the deck is considered unimportant because so many people dislike sailing and consider travel in open world just a waste of time. I found that using a slow speed and positioning myself on the deck was very pleasant. If the devs had added a national identifier (paint/static flag) to each ship then sailing in OW could have been very satisfying. By taking the time to keep a course log (with notes) the journey is filled with things to do.

Sailing can be fun. But changes like this make the game less fun.

I hope the devs reconsider and all the camera view (with limitations to restrict cheating). Also alternative views from the deck would welcome. It would be nice to get off of that spot 10 feet up the mast.

True that using the mouse wheel will allow a view all around.

But it is a third person view. As if the player is magically floating in the air looking down from above. Maturin makes a good point, that alternative views would be helpful. Currently we have no way to view from the deck of the ship, as if we are actually sailing.

Perhaps having the option to view from the deck is considered unimportant because so many people dislike sailing and consider travel in open world just a waste of time. I found that using a slow speed and positioning myself on the deck was very pleasant. If the devs had added a national identifier (paint/static flag) to each ship then sailing in OW could have been very satisfying. By taking the time to keep a course log (with notes) the journey is filled with things to do.

Sailing can be fun. But changes like this make the game less fun.

I hope the devs reconsider and all the camera view (with limitations to restrict cheating). Also alternative views from the deck would welcome. It would be nice to get off of that spot 10 feet up the mast.

As opposed to the magical scout drone?

Maybe it's time to add the Crow nest view in this game. That would be awesome and more realistic!

Multiple viewpoints on the ship?

Especially the captains cabin. :D

Thanks for your comment Capt Von Gunn

I suppose I wasn't clear enough in my proposal.  I suggested that the speed of the camera view could be so very very very slow that it would be useless for cheating.  Or better yet the camera could be limited to on board the ship.  (On the deck or within few feet of the mast.)

The Free Camera let you look over things... that is why it was removed. You could drop sails behind an island in normal render range of a dock and use Free Camera to watch for undocks

I hope the devs reconsider and all the camera view (with limitations to restrict cheating)

Please, limit the distance that camera can be used from the ship.  Please,  allow only very very slow speed movement with the w,s,d,a keys.  But please do not remove the camera view.