Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.91 - Prohibition is cancelled/Groups are fixed for full use of rum

admin

Got 3 more of them yesterday, makes 8 collected with none on the first day when it as "easy", 2 came in less than 25 minutes apart while sailing, i don't do afk fishing, i sail in traders as i always and often done to get my mats for crafting, only focused on fishing a few times and still while sailing, during my trips i saw numerous traders in the middle of open seas with sails down and just spinning on themselves, saw them sitting there for hours meeting them when going and coming back from my trips ... 

I expect the fishing to be polished soon, no more fishing afk sails down, no more fishing in protected areas, no more fishing without a dedicated ship having some kind of fishing upgrade needed, for example a trader could fish while hauling materials but will be slowed down by 25% when fishing, and it will take 1mn to activate/deactivate the fishing mode so if you see an enemy you will be slowed down for an entire minute the time to bring the fishing net back on ship and regain your max speed to make it more interesting and less exploitable than now  

• Like 2

Im not fond of the lives of officers. Makes the game grindy as hell just to get him levelled and then there is gonna be that day you go from full ranked to nothing and need to spend days grinding another. If we atleast could take 2 officers to work on grinding up a spare or alternative officer it would ease it somewhat but i still dislike the idea of the lives on them.

For the crew yes but enjoy the less and less pvp incoming, for officers you have to grind again and again and it's really something i don't like, some used to enter into fights while outnumbered or outclassed in smaller ships leading to a guaranteed death but brave enough and going for the fight, now with officers and crew loss they won't join if they are not assured of a victory or having great chances on the battle ...

Not only you will have to loose the ship, pay for the crew but grind again for officer once lost, surrender spare crew lifes and it's fine for me, even if it doesn't reward anything fro ma game-play point of view, it's the easiest thing to do that gets the less penalties ... strange way of seeing things ... i prefer to die than surrender in a battle, i will fight until the last breath ... but loosing officers and turning the game into endless grind isn't something i will enjoy to play, and it can only hurt the pvp game-play even more, people won't join battles if they are sure to loose tons of gold for crews and officers life's in the end ...

Im not fond of the lives of officers. Makes the game grindy as hell just to get him levelled and then there is gonna be that day you go from full ranked to nothing and need to spend days grinding another. If we atleast could take 2 officers to work on grinding up a spare or alternative officer it would ease it somewhat but i still dislike the idea of the lives on them.

Why not just play and enjoy the game, your Officer will rank as you play?

In a way, you are getting something extra for doing nothing new (or what you would be doing anyway).

• Like 1

Sorry to say Kanay but I have no idea nor do I relate to any Grind, nor in NA nor in any other game, so it is a very foreign concept to me :(

Sometimes I check on my officer , Isabella ( for those that do not know she was a novice in some spanish convent, Holy Mojito Sisters ), and wonder of wonders she apparently learned something new.

It just happens, it is not something I play for, it is part of the game and linked to all action I do. I do not do actions purposely for the officer to get perks.

Ah nevermind then, I just play and see things a bit different.

Im lucky to even get much time playing so basically i need to devote time to rank my officer or go hunting traders. only one of them options will truly progress the officer because lets be honest it will be a loooooong grind if i was to go off the xp earned from just boarding traders and the 20xp from travelling between ports...

And the issue would still lie with it having took an age to reach any decent level for perks wanted and all of a sudden its lost after some failed battles because you cant win them all!

Sorry to say Kanay but I have no idea nor do I relate to any Grind, nor in NA nor in any other game, so it is a very foreign concept to me :(

Sometimes I check on my officer , Isabella ( for those that do not know she was a novice in some spanish convent, Holy Mojito Sisters ), and wonder of wonders she apparently learned something new.

It just happens, it is not something I play for, it is part of the game and linked to all action I do. I do not do actions purposely for the officer to get perks.

Ah nevermind then, I just play and see things a bit different.

I did not focused on leveling up mine, i have 2 of the lowest requirement perks  for now, did some traveling in traders , 3-4 fleet missions a couple of traders attacks on the way and that's pretty much all , trips in traders took most of my time since patch release .

Then like you i went to see what Mr IronHook could get after remembering of some advantageous perks and it appears that he can't get them before it passes 3-4 more levels ... ok so i can either continue to do my stuff as usual and not care until i get the needed level in one maybe 2 or more weeks or try to focus a bit on this so Mr Ironhook starts to be really useful at something soon ... 

but why should i even focus on it while it have limited life's, have to be used either when in warships or during my more risky traders trips with no option to let him rest in an outpost when i don't need him in a particular type of ships i am sailing and will loose life's if i don't surrender which is the easiest option that many refuse to use in game because they prefer fighting till the end no matter the cost in gold  ? 

I see some guys who are only doing fleet missions to level up them officer to the max possible perks added ... and be sure that many of those same guys won't even enter a pvp fight to help you if they is a little risk to loose them hard earned officer ...

I won't mind if the grind steps were longer but he had no lifes lost, it will make it worth something , right now with the concept of life it's another grind meta added to the game, to the final released game, one grind that will never end,  making it look like some f2p never ending grind games for me and really not appealing at all from a game-play point of view...

Yeah, there is a lot of human mentality transposed especially the aversion to loss as you well place in your post.

It is quite rampant in most games and not only in NA. I'm not really fond of the perks mind you and still look to the NA simulation part where the handling of the ship, flying her nice and achieving results in the end by learning with every sortie is way way way more fun.

Also the testing different things, and losing assets in the process, and learning a lot of things while testing. Many of the opponent banter and bash but when I am testing and doing the most goofy stuff they do not know it.

:) To each its own and I can relate to the part where the fine line between the player and the ship "power ups" take each other place and suddenly something of the age of sail simulation dies a bit.

I see some guys who are only doing fleet missions to level up them officer to the max possible perks added ... and be sure that many of those same guys won't even enter a pvp fight to help you if they is a little risk to loose them hard earned officer ...

I won't mind if the grind steps were longer but he had no lifes lost, it will make it worth something , right now with the concept of life it's another grind meta added to the game, to the final released game, one grind that will never end, making it look like some f2p never ending grind games for me and really not appealing at all from a game-play point of view...

You don't lose an officer life if you surrender, which means you are in almost total control of whether or not your officer ever loses a life. You even have a cushion of 10 lives (maybe too many?) if yo decide you want to suicide now and then. The exception to your control over not losing an officer life would be boarding combat (although I haven't tested and don't know if defeat through boarding actually causes loss of officer life) and a fireship blowing up next to you and taking you out. But to accomplish the latter, the other player might (unfortunately not must*) expend an officer life himself. (Actually, since being totally decrewed triggers automatic surrender, maybe you don't even lose an officer life if decrewed by explosion. Needs to be tested. Edit: I...umm...tested, yeah, and you do lose an officer life if an explosion decrews you. Of course the guy who blew still had crew and so had a chance to surrender. :/ )

*because of insane explosion model that can kill all the crew on another ship (or tower) while leaving crew alive on the exploding ship, people can bring high crew fireships into battles, blow up, and then immediately surrender, preserving their own officer. This is already being exploited to take down towers in PBs as fast as possible, sometimes without even losing the ship (ship has enough crew and HP left after exploding and taking out all the men inside a stone tower, that it can easily recover). This is partly due to the hilarity that is the fireship fitting, which increases the power of the explosion by up to 50% but does not appear to do any more damage to the exploding ship's hull and crew. In fact, it does less, because the quicker fire progression bypasses some hull HP loss during fire shock.

Crew management and Officers lives make Surrendering a true valid option.

you is oh so right hethwill. at the moment though the meta is ride the ship into the waves and surrender off right before they come over the railing. i say surrender SHOULD be an option.........but only before your ship is damaged to the point of taking water (be it from a leak or from lack of armor) or fire......

should u receive leaks in a broadside from an enemy, you are taking water and therefore CANNOT surrender....

should you be lit on fire you CANNOT surrender.....

and or

when u surrender ship magically doesn't  sink........

i prefer the 1st options 

For the crew yes but enjoy the less and less pvp incoming, for officers you have to grind again and again and it's really something i don't like, some used to enter into fights while outnumbered or outclassed in smaller ships leading to a guaranteed death but brave enough and going for the fight, now with officers and crew loss they won't join if they are not assured of a victory or having great chances on the battle ...

Not only you will have to loose the ship, pay for the crew but grind again for officer once lost, surrender spare crew lifes and it's fine for me, even if it doesn't reward anything fro ma game-play point of view, it's the easiest thing to do that gets the less penalties ... strange way of seeing things ... i prefer to die than surrender in a battle, i will fight until the last breath ... but loosing officers and turning the game into endless grind isn't something i will enjoy to play, and it can only hurt the pvp game-play even more, people won't join battles if they are sure to loose tons of gold for crews and officers life's in the end ...

it does if u surrender out of it before being sunk

I took more than I could chew yesterday and was leaking. I did not for one second considered the surrender option to deny my opponent the kill.

It is good gaming and the best salute you can give to another player.

Simply mechanic - water rising cannot surrender. Water level lowering, can surrender.

How many times did you finished a fight with a win against all odds after a very long battle or finished a battle with the result being uncertain until the very end with ships on both sides in a extremely bad shape ? 

And now it's surrendering meta to spare at least officers... as crew as it is now is a joke with no need to dock to refill it and the crew pool you can pick on or the med kit you can load by dozen on ships , i have 1100 crew, load 250 on my ship and leave the 850 remaining at land, yet after a battle far from any land i can magically teleport some replacement crew on my ship from my 850 crew pool, i can do this many times on a ship having 250 crew and then use med kits if needed, med kits numbers that as far as i know are not limited in numbers beside your cargo space and 0 weight for them too, i'm not even sure if like the repair kit we could load on hold they can only stack by 10 max or 10k like other resources  ...

Right now it's only a money sink with no other consequences other than loosing money and no need to return to land to hire some like it was first supposed to be and for once had made it very interesting form a gameplay point of view,  crew is just another consumable joke like repair kits that you can load by dozen on your ship with no real hard coded limitations like 3 max medikits per ships... 

Yet for officers you have 10 lifes and first need to level them up with half the XP you do in battles or travels going into the officer xp pool, some will loose many officer life's before being able to have it fully operational and leveled up, maybe reaching officer full efficiency when they will have only 5 life's remaining ...

So yeah now what is pushed is avoid combats when you are not sure to win to spare your officer life, don't even try to help someone while not sure of the result, never try again to fight until death if you have a tiny chance against the odds to get a win, move only in large ganking packs like seen too often already before this with 7 courageous trincs against a single frigate, or just need to be a surrender chimp when things get hot with an eternal grind meta for officers that you cannot even choose to leave at dock when you do different tasks using different type of ships as you can only have one officer and you surely won't use the same officer/perks for when you do trading runs vs when you hunt or when you do large battles , fantastic stuff really ... Naval Surrender InAction ...

Fantastic thing, crew magically appears out of my arse or medkits at seas in the middle of nowhere with no need to dock, just need to have cash, officers you need to grind and grind again for the XP before they become useful, especially with insane advantages they give ... 1kn speed bonus when adding copper plating + speed trim gold on a slow ship gives 0.55 Kn bonus and huge disadvantages when using the speed trim upgrade , yeah right makes perfect sense Mr Officer...  All those perks taking time to get and will vanish if you fight like a brave but magically stay if you avoid 'risky' fights or simply surrender ... really fantastic from a gameplay or game mechanics point of view ... 

Having endless grind in such game for something like this and forcing surrendering to avoid losses is really a bad thing, i played this game everyday since Steam release but I won't play the eternal grind game for an officer, i won't play to surrender each time it gets hot to keep my perks, i won't hire anymore officers once i loose it, i will be at disadvantage all the time compared to others with the huge advantages they give and simply finally loose interest in all this, endless grind meta in a game is a bad thing, unless it's a f2p where it's the base of the game and why those f2p games mechanics are the most detestable thing on earth ...

PS : what happens when the officer is fully leveled up for the xp ? Does it stop or do we accumulate more "officers" XP in a poll that we can redistribute on the next officer when hiring one so no need to grind fully again ? This will make it more acceptable already ...

I took more than I could chew yesterday and was leaking. I did not for one second considered the surrender option to deny my opponent the kill.

It is good gaming and the best salute you can give to another player.

Simply mechanic - water rising cannot surrender. Water level lowering, can surrender.

I think this might be a bit harsh, as ships with a side reduced / down that are taking small amounts of water won't be able to surrender. Maybe cannot surrender if more than 50% water in hold and still taking on water or if ship is burning?

1 week , 33 hours played , more than 10k NM sailed 

ZERO BOTTLES

I don't want to be picky but i think the random not work for me  :blink:  :blink:

in fact i think that the crew system is ok but not in this manner

, the craft materials like tobacco and sugar must be more affordable , especially for the new players , i can do 100k easy in high level missions but the new players earn around 20k-30k in their missions if they do well 

and can't sell the fish or suplies becasue the market is full .

It is not my case because I really like the game and play calmly , but this black hole of money will only make people leave the game(the lack of answer of the devs helps a lot too...)

salutes and good winds

135 crew amount to 67,500 gold.

That's a specially rigged Snake with a Exceptional set of Hammocks.

A new player can effectively support the entirety of the crew while learning the game.

There is no RUSH to the top. A new player won't be more powerful just because he reaches Admiral. Actually if he learns nothing and only grinds he becomes stuff of legend in gank banter and how many Santissimas and Vic are captured everyday.

• Like 1

67500... A new player will need to do about three or four outstanding well done missions to earn the money to afford the crew refill.

That's when he loses the entirety of the crew pool. Doesn't happen all the time.... I hope.

Do new players even sustain these amounts of loss ? When i considered myself "new" i was in a brig or less and thats not alot of crew.

Ill admit i only know the cost of the crew at 500 and dont pay attention to how much i spend refilling my losses since its not much but i would think new member missions would reward them enough to replace the small numbers they have.

Do new players even sustain these amounts of loss ? When i considered myself "new" i was in a brig or less and thats not alot of crew.

Ill admit i only know the cost of the crew at 500 and dont pay attention to how much i spend refilling my losses since its not much but i would think new member missions would reward them enough to replace the small numbers they have.

an ensign has 40 free crew provided for free on any port entry

next rank has 60

There is a free crew limit for every rank and if you don't overextend you don't pay for crew at all.

you only see start feeling the price if you take fleets in light ships or you lose lineships a lot.

next rank has 60

you only see start feeling the price if you take fleets in light ships or you lose lineships a lot.

i dont know if i just didnt see it, but could you state the free crew amount for each rank please? has been a lot of discussion about it on our teamspeak

• Like 1

next rank has 60

There is a free crew limit for every rank and if you don't overextend you don't pay for crew at all.

is there any way you can provide the exact amount for everyone on "free" crew that we get per rank so that way you can plan and work around that info to play without massive loss

The patch was really bad for the economy.  Only way to fix is a wipe.

Everyone has soon fished enough upgrades for the rest of the their life.  They should have fixed this immediately, before it got this bad.  Now, only a wipe will clean this mess.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ