Game-Labs Forum

ANNOUNCEMENTS by The Dutch West Indies Consortium

kingslynn93

Let me summarize: four days ago Dutch nation announced formally on this section of the forum that they were friends with France (no pvp zone, blah blah his majesty here and there), today Dutch nation (with the same profusion of his majesty of orange, lemon and kiwi etcetera) announces formally on this forum that thay are enemies with France.

Am I missing something or it's just that Ductch nation's word is worth less than a salted herring?. 

Edited by victor

Am I missing something

Yes, a lot.

My suggestion, read the announcements more carefully.

Small tip, one announcement is about a limited peace, another one about start/end of alliances.

Edited by praefect

Right after war started I came on ur TS and asked u if u would agree on, that this is a war between danes (coalition) and swedes (coalition) so that technically we are still allied. Ur response was: "no, u attacked us, u could have stood neutral, but u crafted flags. By doing that, dutch broke the alliance". U repeated that till the end of war every single time u needed that for ur favor. Once u demanded something from the dutch, you asked if we wouldn´t still be allies to misuse that treaty. Thats just one single reason how the french denied an alliance is existent.

Swedes and danes declared war upon each other. France respect his alliance with danes, and attack swedes. Dutch respect his alliance with swedes, and attack danes.

Dutch attack France they have an alliance with, to protect the swedes against us.

French: Oh, you attacked us ! So, we're not allied anymore ?

Dutch: WHAT ?! YOU ALSO DENIED OUR ALLIANCE IN ADDITION OF ANSWERING TO OUR ATTACK UPON YOU ?!! I WILL MAKE A BIG POST ON THE FORUM WITH A LOT OF COMPLICATED WORDS TO TELL EVERYBODY YOU ARE NOT VERY KIND !

That was diplocamcy according to dutch council.

You can keep saying we're bad guys who betray every body we can and who don't pay the baker when he give us our baguettes. According to the answers of that topic, there just a few people remaining who believe in what you say.

From my part, and many french players would say the same, there's nothing RP with this: I've never been so taunted, insulted and difamed since I play against VP. Neither with Great Britain, Sverige, danes and pirates gankers, or the few US I fough. We couldn't wait for the peace because we had enough dealing with the part of dutch community we were fighting. We're soooooooooooooooo glad you break officialy that alliance so you cannot ever have any excuse to come on our TS and speak with us anymore, and all our thoughs go to the swedes who will still have to bear you for a while.

Edited by Xaelendra
  • Like 2

Let me summarize: four days ago Dutch nation announced formally on this section of the forum that they were friends with France (no pvp zone, blah blah his majesty here and there), today Dutch nation (with the same profusion of his majesty of orange, lemon and kiwi etcetera) announces formally on this forum that thay are enemies with France.

Am I missing something or it's just that Ductch nation's word is worth less than a salted herring?. 

Hello Victor,

Thanks for the question.

There is a treaty between the coalitions of The Swedes/Dutch and the coalition of the Danes-Norges/French. This is what you read a few days ago, and read right. An old alliance/treaty between the French and the Dutch individually (that became after the first French-Dutch war) is declared void by the French and agreed upon by the Dutch. It reflects how the situation is at the moment between the Dutch and the French. Cooled down and reserved, but mutually respectful.

We abide by the treaty that was announced between the coalitions in good harmony and invitation of the French Council.

Time will tell if wounds will heal and smiles return.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact me or come to our teamspeak.

Kind regards,

Lytse Pier

I think the Dutch are becoming too lazy to go get new enemies so they stick to what they have close to home... :D :D :D

It's starting to look like the French are stuck with them for ever... If at least we could have some nice compensation for that. :P

You are welcome to some awesome Dutch stroopwafels if you bring the wine!  ;)

You guys love to use complicated words, confusing terms and long texts to express simple ideas... Hahahaha

Cant you just say it in a simplier way?

RP is great for an era type game. I rather enjoy the effort people put into their posts in attempt to remain in the era's language and structure.

• Like 1

Swedes and danes declared war upon each other. France respect his alliance with danes, and attack swedes. Dutch respect his alliance with swedes, and attack danes.

Dutch attack France they have an alliance with, to protect the swedes against us.

French: Oh, you attacked us ! So, we're not allied anymore ?

Dutch: WHAT ?! YOU ALSO DENIED OUR ALLIANCE IN ADDITION OF ANSWERING TO OUR ATTACK UPON YOU ?!! I WILL MAKE A BIG POST ON THE FORUM WITH A LOT OF COMPLICATED WORDS TO TELL EVERYBODY YOU ARE NOT VERY KIND !

That was diplocamcy according to dutch council.

You can keep saying we're bad guys who betray every body we can and who don't pay the baker when he give us our baguettes. According to the answers of that topic, there just a few people remaining who believes in what you say.

From my part, and many french players would say the same, there's nothing RP with this: I've never been so taunted, insulted and difamed since I play against VP. Neither with Great Britain, Sverige, danes and pirates gankers, or the few US I fough. We couldn't wait for the peace because we had enough dealing with the part of dutch community we were fighting. We're soooooooooooooooo glad you break officialy that alliance so you cannont ever have any excuse to come on our TS and speak with us anymore, and all our thoughs go to the swedes who will still have to bear you for a while.

There will always be individuals in any nation that test our patience, Xaelendra. In the end it will be the those that kept their calm and thought before they spoke that pull the longest straws.

I noticed you in many battles, and judging the responses in the chats afterwards, your straw will be among the longest. o7

RP is great for an era type game. I rather enjoy the effort people put into their posts in attempt to remain in the era's language and structure.

I don't think anyone disagrees. 

But not everyone understands these posts that make use of such "sophisticated" (I think that's the word) english. Therefore a "Short and Simple" version would be nice. 

• Like 1

But not everyone understands these posts that make use of such "sophisticated" (I think that's the word) english. Therefore a "Short and Simple" version would be nice. 

Hi Thomas,

I've put a tl;dr in this thread with this post: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14843-announcements-by-the-dutch-west-indies-consortium/?p=275504

• Like 2

A kind of neat side affect of posting in such era language is what happened in RL. The less educated could not read such sort of posts in newspapers and therefore those citizens/sailors did not always know what was going on when put to sea. Not to say you are less educated, but I find it rather neat that some people are like "WTF" (which I was also on some points), just as I'm sure back in the day people saw these and also said, scratching their heads, "What in tarnation?!" FYI, I just found out that tarnation was first used in this era of 1800s. heh.

But maybe from now on RP posts might have a following post in plain and clear language...just a thought.

• Like 2

But maybe from now on RP posts might have a following post in plain and clear language...just a thought.

Understandable, but that would ruin the fun a bit though.  ;)

The "Compagny des Heeren XIX" monthly figures are due in a few days, and as a public company we are obliged to publish our results.

Looking forward to also announcements and statements of the other nations and companies in the game. Next to these Dutch announcements, I actually enjoyed the Spanish announcements and the Lord Vicious' pirate crew going mercenary that were posted not long ago.

It certainly beats: I haz misclicked but am still awesomer than <insert random nation here>, look at these screenshotz of me being l33t! sinking <insert random ship here>. ;)  

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 1

I can see the fun in that for sure.

But don't complain when someone doesn't follow the "rules" of a treaty then! :P

Like I mentioned in that peace by truce treaty thread: it ensures a period of peace, not a period of safety. ;-)

France should be happy no longer to be allied with an untrustworthy nation that declares war on their allies. Denmark-Norway certainly is.

Your Nation declared Ile-a-Vache a PvP zone, without consulting us. We absolutely stood our ground. 

Denmark-Norway only responded to being attacked and our territory occupied.

Just a couple of days before you declared war on us, Dutch and Danes confirmed that we were still allied. Which is why we were surprised when you declared war on us.

I sat there in the meeting with you and you said we were never allies, so do not pretend that we turned on you. Which is it? Were we allies or not? You started the shady behavior because you got into bed with the Pirates, and demanded ports that we took from the Pirates. We never wanted the war with you or France. We were busy fighting Pirates. Shame on you for twisting the truth. 

Edited by kingslynn93

Aspirin-box.jpg

Really hard for the common seaman here to keep up with diplomatic talks and changes. Feeling has never been stronger to turn Pirate and go free for all! At least in that outcome, you don't give sh*t about politicians telling you what you can and can't do and then the following day telling you the oposite.

Sorry but pretty pissed off with way things are being handled.

Really hard for the common seaman here to keep up with diplomatic talks and changes. Feeling has never been stronger to turn Pirate and go free for all! At least in that outcome, you don't give sh*t about politicians telling you what you can and can't do and then the following day telling you the oposite.

Sorry but pretty pissed off with way things are being handled.

These announcements by the Dutch Consortium don't say anything about what you should do? For what nation are you sailing captain? France? Are you sure you are in the right thread?

• Like 1

These announcements by the Dutch Consortium don't say anything about what you should do? For what nation are you sailing captain? France? Are you sure you are in the right thread?

I think so. Indeed I sail for the French and was told this WE that we had to evacuate Pamapatar and its surroundings. Spent a good bit of time moving ships around closing down outposts and opening new ones in the north. Now I read that the Dutch don't give a hoot on what was agreed and war is back on with them so fighting is open again in Pamapatar, Coquibacoa, etc... 

So what's the point in trying to comply with a nation when it turns out to be a huge waste of time. Better off ignoring these talks and continue a life of privateering in Dutch waters with their heavily loaded traders :)

Beginning to understand why we see more and more rogue clans!

PS: Now I might not understand the true meaning of your announcement but it certainly seems clear that all talks this WE have gone down the drain!

Edited by la Touche-Treville

The dutch rly need to hire a translator to offer all announcements in french language too it seems if guys cannot differ between a peace treaty and an alliance treaty.

Maybe Tenakha is so kind to translate they key points... ?

• TREATY OF THE ANTILLES, COMMERCE AND FREE NAVIGATION: A limited peace treaty -> in effect
  • Alliance treaty Dutch/French: An alliance treaty -> not in effect anymore

"I might not understand the true meaning" and "it certainly seems clear" is a very weird match of phrases.

Edited by praefect

I see many French players confused.

Read closely. The French cancelled an old alliance (that was drawn up after Black Friday between our nations after the First French-Dutch war). We are just affirming your councils decisions that was ventilated by means of your diplomat (Kierrip) to us.

We also think that with the continuous fighting and the new truce between the two coalitions reflect the situation nowadays much better between our Nations.

Let me try it in French, sorry for the misspelling, but I hope it clears up things a bit:

Votre diplomate Kierrip, en face de plusieurs tapis de diplomate néerlandais, après des semaines de combats autour de Pampatar ensemble, 
annulé une ancienne alliance entre nos nations. Nous affirmons cela. Il n'y a plus que la trêve entre les deux coalitions.
Edited by Lytse Pier

So no war? Arent you on war anymore? I would swear yesterday I saw 3-4 ports taken by the Dutch... i will have to go back to the oculist.

There is a truce between the two coalitions of Danes-Norges/French and Swedes/Dutch as described in this thread:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14809-preliminary-treaty-of-the-antilles-commerce-and-free-navigation-valid-as-soon-as-the-four-nations-sign/

I'm not sure you need an oculist, but I am glad I could point you in the right direction, sir!

• Like 1

Well it seems a bit clearer now, many thanks.

I think you overcomplicate matters bringing in to play this old Franco-Dutch treaty that is many months old, saw both nations in battle for months and so on :)

Did anybody still think it was active ?

So is Kierrip to blame for insisting you bring up this old truce? Guys, please keep it simple, wars have been started on misunderstandings ;)

So in a nutshell, French/Danish/Spanish & Pirates will fight out and around Haiti against the British/Dutch & Swedes? The non PVP zones announced this WE are and will remain in effect till further announcement.

Got it right?

So no war? Arent you on war anymore? I would swear yesterday I saw 3-4 ports taken by the Dutch... i will have to go back to the oculist.

These were port exchanges following the treaty

Well it seems a bit clearer now, many thanks.

I think you overcomplicate matters bringing in to play this old Franco-Dutch treaty that is many months old, saw both nations in battle for months and so on :)

Did anybody still think it was active ?

So is Kierrip to blame for insisting you bring up this old truce? Guys, please keep it simple, wars have been started on misunderstandings ;)

So in a nutshell, French/Danish/Spanish & Pirates will fight out and around Haiti against the British/Dutch & Swedes? The non PVP zones announced this WE are and will remain in effect till further announcement.

Got it right?

I think so, I think the main misunderstanding is that the dutch were considering that technically they were still allied with us, asked for a confirmation from the french counci, never got a clear yes or no answer from us so in the end they considered that we had cancelled this alliance. Did we cancel it? I don't know, while the war was going on, we were just that => at war and didn't get the time to talk much about that.

No big deal in the end

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 3

Thank you guys. Now, in a serious tone, you should try to make think simplier i think, you expressions and the treaty contents are way too complicated to be understood/followed by common players. Just an opinion, no intention to influence.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar