Game-Labs Forum

The rate my crew is dying is ridiculous..

I cap a ship and within 5 seconds of leaving the boarding won screen. I have lost 50 crew due to a Pavel that is 200 yards away shooting at me. I am almost max armor and yet my crew is getting annihilated.. Do you guys even test this stuff? Do you even play your own game? I'm starting to see why this community is dying... You are making bad decisions way too often and messing with things that didn't need to be messed with..

Also the AI should NEVER be able to switch to attack or defend at the last 2 seconds.. That is nonsense.. I almost lost my Santi because of that just now, due to an AI doing that twice in a row, at the last 2 seconds, when there was no way, any human being could react.. That's not fun.. That's cheesy..

Edited by B15hop

Don't be so negative. Maybe crew loss needs retweaking. I was in a few battles today and didn't notice high crew loss except for when I was bowraked by a Swede rennomee for 90 minutes, so I'm not sure if you're right.  But if you are I'm sure the devs will figure it out from our testing and giving reasoned responses and tweak it to proper levels.

About boarding AI is not human, and boarding is supposed to be a bit of a challenge. Beside human players will often switch to defence in the last possible moment. Not because they were able to react to you, but because they anticipated you would chose attack. You have to counteranticipate their anticipated choices. It's what's fun and challenging about player boarding. With AI boarding there are plenty of ways to make it easier for yourself by blocking last second defence selection.

Boarding action requires fast and swift resolution. You are either ready to do it or you will suffer a lot of casualties.

The second ship, be it a human or AI will always try to support its fleet. Aimed shots at your decks, from the bow or stern or cloud graping the rails.

It is known. It is not new.

To counter it you simply have to be decisive.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14281-hotfix-982-patch-notes/?p=263996

It's by design. When you are boarding your crew is exposed.

Don't board when other enemies are near.

Yep.

And boarding an NPC is still pretty easy/predictable though they have a lot of buffs.

There is always enough time to react on an NPC.

A player can be way more tricky for example just pushing a preventive "defend" out of experience when you attack in the 0,5 secs. (or the other way round hehe)

But still: Don't board an NPC that has as many or more crew as you have if you don't want to take a risk. Grape them first and everything will be fine.

I'm not sure if he meant boarding. I think it was more about how good AI is at aiming cannons to kill your crew. Its seriosly crazy. Just notice how fast your crew is dropping down when AI is shooting.

Hmmm human players are aswell.

Im the one who pavel vs IA pavel lost.

1. Round He killed me 200

2. Then the rest.

2 Actions, 850 kills.

Better than Hiroshima.

PD: Of course I did bad decisions, but I never expect that instakill.

Edited by Almirante Jimi