Game-Labs Forum

Please make AI stop running away in missions

Happens all the time. I do a mission and the enemy AI gets drug 30 minutes away, making me fail the mission.

Please make the enemy AI do a distance check on the player and not allow themselves to be outside a max range of a living player. Thank you.

• Like 1

Happens all the time. I do a mission and the enemy AI gets drug 30 minutes away, making me fail the mission.

Please make the enemy AI do a distance check on the player and not allow themselves to be outside a max range of a living player. Thank you.

we are aware of the problem

it will be done in one of the next content patches - npc ships will try to come back to the nearest enemy player once the sail away to 2km and more

• Like 1

it will be done in one of the next content patches - npc ships will try to come back to the nearest enemy player once the sail away to 2km and more

Or rather make the friendly ship turn back to the nearest player. The enemy ship should follow suite.

In the same light, if there are 6 or more players in a fleet mission, then they don't need any friendly AI.

Edited by Skully

1 and a half miles is too far.

Takes like 30 mins to chase a ship that far away, who is upwind... People will keep failing missions..

1 mile max would be preferable.

The same goes to PvP. Please stop making plp escape all the time. Once in a battle there should be no way you can escape... 

Immersion: if attacked in OW then a close quarter duel is on... 

If you cant make the escape in OW then its just too bad. In that way OW gets more important and battles less boring.

Better for gameplay. - Try it. You wont regret!

Edited by fox2run

The same goes to PvP. Please stop making plp escape all the time. Once in a battle there should be no way you can escape... 

If you cant make the escape in OW then its just too bad. In that way OW gets more important and battles less boring.

Please :) Make sure you are sailing a trader full of mountains of shiny stuff  :)

That would lead to 90 minutes of fruitless pursuit most times..... I´m in for a different system of allowing escape based on relative speeds, position and damage...

but if  someone is wrunning with an intact  renommee at 1km from a bellona whats the point in forcing him to stay????

• Like 1

If a player manage to outsail you in battle and therefor escape it is because you are not good enoug to catch him thats simpel. there should always be to options in battle run or fight.

• Like 2

Who is talking about 90 minutes? A counter goes down from say 30 min plus 3-5 minutes per ship in battle. When timer is over the most damaged ship is lost.

Can we not derail my thread with what you would like to see. please make your own topic..

Side note: I think not allowing people to run will kill this game.. People should always have the option to run if they can.

Edited by B15hop
  • Like 2

also while your fixing it stop friendly team getting AI and scale the other side to match...friendly AI is not helpful