Game-Labs Forum

Premium Ships

Sartarius

No public roadmap yet, sorry.

There were some indications of what they are aiming for:

1st and 2nd rates will not be premium ships. Those can only be crafted.
Max rate for a premium ship will be a 3rd rate (maybe 4th)

Battles with multiple sides is a bad idea. So the answer is no. Only 2 sides can be in 1 battle.

• Premium ships will be rare - as they won't be cheap (and will help to develop the game faster)
  • They will still be a money sink - you have to pay for refits just like anyone else.
  • They degrade to almost unusable state on capture - so they don't affect the balance of the economy
  • High quality (exceptional) crafted ships will be better 

Exceptional crafted ships will be better - sometimes a lot better performance wise

Premium ships will always be beautiful

Keep in mind, these are indications!

• Like 1

Please don't call them Premium ships, call them Premium ship Skins. This means these ships will be same or weaker compared to those in game.

I can confirm devs said Kickstarter packs with multiple new ship skins will be available in near future. 

This means you will simply select your favorite ship and start funding it's development. Once set amount is collected ship will go into Game Production. Devs must comment on more details. 

• Like 1

Please don't call them Premium ships, call them Premium ship Skins. This means these ships will be same or weaker compared to those in game.

I can confirm devs said Kickstarter packs with multiple new ship skins will be available in near future. 

As I recall it, they said they DON'T have any plans for doing that. 

• Like 1

This means you will simply select your favorite ship and start funding it's development. Once set amount is collected ship will go into Game Production. Devs must comment on more details. 

Are you saying you can buy a ship skin and never receive it, because it never got fully funded?

This sounds real bad, mate. I hope you have a good source for this.

Are you saying you can buy a ship skin and never receive it, because it never got fully funded?

This sounds real bad, mate. I hope you have a good source for this.

I'm guessing it will be somthing like kickstarter. If the goal doesnt get reached then you get a refund

• Like 1

This would be great!

I really love this Game and if i can support the Devs I'll do that.

Maybe a Dev can comment this or provide more inforamtions.

Edited by Sartarius

This is not entirely correct. Once we were asked about HMS Barfleur we said that we could try crowdfunding it via Kickstarter or a similar crowdfunding platform. There is no decision about it yet and we can not guarantee anything at the moment

• Like 8

This is not entirely correct. Once we were asked about HMS Barfleur we said that we could try crowdfunding it via Kickstarter or a similar crowdfunding platform. There is no decision about it yet and we can not guarantee anything at the moment

If you're taking suggestions. Crowdfunding a frigate and third rate for every nation ingame would be kinda cool.

If memory serves( rarely does) isn't the Barfleur a 2nd rate and therefore ineligible to become a premium ship.

problem is people still scream balance. I actually wanted regular 6 monthly server restarts that allowed early timeline ships to thrive before the later ones appeared in game at the times they actually did in real life

Fingers crossed for Galleons. A premium ship does not have to be a useful ship. :D

Crowd funded ships are not premium ships they will be added to all players.

When can this be possible?

I really want to fund these two:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3292-hms-mordaunt-1681-british-4th-rate-with-plans/

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7883-vanguard-british-3rd-rate-1787-with-plans/?hl=vanguard

• Like 1