Game-Labs Forum

What laptop for NA

charognard666

Hey, i'm planning to buy a laptop, cause i'M to often far from my gaming nasa computer ^^

But i have really no laptop science and i don't know what to buy in order to play NA comfortably... help is welcome ^^

ASUS ROG replaced my PC. Very good gaming laptop (but a bit heavy)

• Like 1

I would say stay away from Alianware for gaming laptops(just as generally advice to anyone that stumbles opon this thread, not that OP specifically named them or anything), but really the big question is what is your budget and what kind do you want, do you want one that is a bit lighter and not as bulky? if so the Razer Blade is a very good option, if you want something for pure power ASUS ROG, MSI Gaming and EVGA SC17 have good gaming laptops for pure power.

ASUS ROG replaced my PC. Very good gaming laptop (but a bit heavy)

They are indeed, but come at a price. MSI do some pretty good laptops too. I guess the big question is, what is your budget?

Here are some options for you on the lower end of the scale.

Asus GL551JW-WH71 - £780

Asus GL552JX-CN182H - £806

Asus G751JT - £900

Edit: I just realised, these links to work fully. There are some additional options, for example, different HD sizes and types. I would recommend going for the option with an SSD HD (at least 256GB). The 960M is a decent laptop GPU, however for that little bit of extra umpf (or quiet a bit actually), I would go for the 970M at the very least.

Edited by Stephen_Decatur

I play NA on a Toshiba laptop that cost £450 it's got 6Gb of memory, Intel Core i3 and I get 11 fps out of it. 

And it works just fine

I'm usually on TS at the same time and often playing YouTube music videos too. As well as Outlook and sometimes a couple of work applications

Edited by mouse of war

I was also recently in the search, so did a whole bunch of research and comparisons.  I also came to the conclusion that for the serious gamer, you'll want an ASUS ROG product, or at least it will be in the top 3.  The price is high, the payoff will be worth it for years.  The PC I built a couple years back has an ASUS ROG motherboard in it, and I am very pleased with features and performance, so I also have some faith in the brand name as a result.

I use a Lenovo Yoga Y50/70. It works nice. The display can seem dim in sunlight & the keyboard can get hot, other than that I like it.

id be weary of buying lenovo laptops ever since the superfish scandal, but that might just be me

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-763BLK-Full-HD-GeForce/dp/B015PYYDMQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459884251&sr=1-5&keywords=Dell+Inspiron

Im using this one but with 1tb HDD

Since I tested my laptop for request, I think I should post it here as well:

Open World:
Low: 70~90

Medium: 40 ~ 60

High: 30~

Ultra: 30~

Battle:  vs. 2 3rd rate:

Low: 60~

Medium: 50~

High:40~

Ultra: 40~

Fps drop from 5 to 10 when you fire broadside

Edited by Nash

Some people requested performance specs for this laptop

Acer Predator G9-791-735A Gaming Laptop

Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60-3.2 GHz) Skylake 

16 GB DDR4

1 TB HDD 7200 rpm

128 GB SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB DDR5

17.3" IPS FHD 1920 x 1080 HD

Webcam

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315185&cm_re=acer_predator-_-34-315-185-_-Product

-------------------------------------------

My NA preset:

Everything Ultra

Water - High

AA - Off

FXAA - On

Full HD Screen on Predator makes NA look amazing. 

FPS:

OS - 50-60 Skylake Intel CPU makes it a smooth and enjoyable gameplay. 

Battle - NPC Fleets 60 and up. 

Amazing cooling system keeps this beast cold, I had 2 games running. One was Division the other was NA, yes it can handle 2 open games, Photoshop and Maya with not a single glitch. 

My room is cool so I get these temps:

CPU temps 68

System 65

Ordered cooling pad, so it will be even colder and faster. The colder you will get your laptop the better it will perform. 

It also has reversed air flow to clean dust from your system and comes with side cooler. You simply pull out hard drive and insert cooler in the same slot. 

Laptop comes with build it sub woofer and awesome surround HD sound.

No complains, will buy again in future. 

If you have extra $600 you can get 980m with 30% performance boost. Honestly $600 for 30% is too much. You can also wait until Fall and get new AMD Zen systems that will put Intel back where it belongs.  :D