Game-Labs Forum

How to fix the Pirate Nation.

Fix Pirate "Nation"  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Change Pirate to Portugal, till Devs Make real Pirate Faction

• Yes
    • No

Because the Devs are to spineless to fix the Pirates.

I say just turn the Pirates right NOW into the a Nation of Portugal.

Because right now the pirates can go into Port Battles, make Connies and RATE Ships.

They can hide in open seas by fighting each other.

Exp & Gold Farming by fighting each other.

So rename the current player in Pirates to Portugal and have no pirate faction until the Devs get some Game mechanics sense.

• Like 2

I do believe there are many pirates that play like just another nation but this is not the answer.

The part about hiding in open seas, anyone can do by hitting npcs.

XP and Gold farming by hitting eachother I really don't believe happens. It would be faster to just fleet with a group.

• Like 1

The best way to fix the Pirates, or certainly a big step in fixing them, would be to make their ports have 4 hour windows rather than 2 hours. Also maybe by capping their nation population. AND also implementing multi-clan port battle restrictions. IE not allowing multiple clans to help each other in port battles, if one clan has entered a PB, they are the ONLY clan that can enter

• Like 1

I don't think making an "Emotive Argument" like the "Dev's are Spineless" helps your cause at all.  Have you ever abused someone and got a positive result? If so, you are a Bully, if not then it was pointless because the person you are trying to influence will go defensive and your otherwise sound argument will fall on deaf ears. 

I think making a rational case, based on your points and getting others in the community to support your position is far more powerful than insulting the Dev's. It's about effecting change in a positive manner, rather than a negative one.

Edited by mwnciboo

Hahahha more whine !

Not whining, just thought this was EA plus I started as an Alpha tester.

PIRATES should of NEVER been a nation with NATION mechanism.

PIRATES are about PvP and not Port Battles.

Why should we have any Nations then let us be just like EVE, and just be like clans for the mentality is that of Trolling like the above quote.

When I signed up to test the product and help the Devs it was to bring in the Tewnty plus years of computer gaming but also other real life experiences to help in the development.

With people constantly seeing my post about fixing the game, eg the Pirates plus other things as "Whine" well just shows that the IQ and EQ of the Trollers on the forum becoming lower and lower.

• Like 3

I don't think making an "Emotive Argument" like the "Dev's are Spineless" helps your cause at all.  Have you ever abused someone and got a positive result? If so, you are a Bully, if not then it was pointless because the person you are trying to influence will go defensive and your otherwise sound argument will fall on deaf ears. 

I think making a rational case, based on your points and getting others in the community to support your position is far more powerful than insulting the Dev's. It's about effecting change in a positive manner, rather than a negative one.

The Spinless remark is Known By The Devs with the PM I write.

The remark is to see if this is more "Cancerous" than othe "issues" that are being discussed.

I'm far from being a bully, but instead "Fishing Psychologically" so to speak.

It's a form of analysis.

But hey trying to tell "millennials" that know everything is HARD to do!

How many threads have to be created about pirates? it was certain that the way that pirates work was going to change. All it was needed was patience and as you can see for yourselef the pirate role together with diplomacy is leading in the dev priority poll.

It has been almost 4 months since the EA release and people are going mental with certain things which i find hard to understand. I myself await the development of exploration but i understand certain things need to be addresed first like diplomacy and land in battles that will add more to the gameplay.

Seriously people need to be more patient. Those things don't just drop out of the sky

• Like 3

How many threads have to be created about pirates? it was certain that the way that pirates work was going to change. All it was needed was patience and as you can see for yourselef the pirate role together with diplomacy is leading in the dev priority poll.

It has been almost 4 months since the EA release and people are going mental with certain things which i find hard to understand. I myself await the development of exploration but i understand certain things need to be addresed first like diplomacy and land in battles that will add more to the gameplay.

Seriously people need to be more patient. Those things don't just drop out of the sky

Sir,

I have more patience that most of you, and yes I do put so much out there on the topic.

Why I do it.

1/ the number of good ALPHA player Leaving.

2/ the massive drop in numbers

3/ the increasing number of "Salty" post.

4/ the addition of new game mechanics that can show that simple fixes are being ignored.

5/ the promise of fixing the "Culture" of the NA community, and not following through.

Shall I go on?

It's not the Game Codeing I'm at War with its the "Mindset" or "Closed Elite Culture".

Sorry Sir but when i see yet another topic where 80% british players cry about pirates - it makes me laugh. We are the biggest thret and biggest enemy of yours at the moment. Imho all those crying is an attempt to destroy with a backroom games what the Pirate Coalition has developed.

And there it is, calling it, I Closed Mindset.

The Pirates aren't the strongest or the Danes or the British.

It's the Game, we are still Alpha Testers.

Remember, EARLY ACCESS.

Do you really think EA is about, wow we get a chance to be the most highest, level/rank/equipped in the game before it is fully released?

If you think it's about beating the pirates?

It's about, making the game strong for people who may want to play it in 5 weeks time!

To get on and enjoy the Graphics, the Game play, the experience they are after.

It's not about, stroking egos of players that need computer games to hide from real life and dominate their pixel world for making up their real life inadequacies.

Sir,

I have more patience that most of you, and yes I do put so much out there on the topic.

Why I do it.

1/ the number of good ALPHA player Leaving.

2/ the massive drop in numbers

3/ the increasing number of "Salty" post.

4/ the addition of new game mechanics that can show that simple fixes are being ignored.

5/ the promise of fixing the "Culture" of the NA community, and not following through.

Shall I go on?

It's not the Game Codeing I'm at War with its the "Mindset" or "Closed Elite Culture".

Players are expected to come and go especially at this stage of the game. Also with the addition of new content over time numbers are expected to bounce back and forth.

Salty,toxic,rude etc posting is to be expected since younger people have access to the game and you cant expect to be as mature as us. Its the internet. That's one of the most important things i 've learned about it.

Something that we think that may be easy to fix may be not.

You cant expect so many things by a small dev team in such a short time. Just think how much time was needed for OW to be created.

Now before you say i sound one of their employees i am not. I'm just being rational. They are being honest and i appreciate that since i think that honesty in a consumer-seller relationship is one of the most important things. They are not EA in terms of size and in terms of thinking (thank god) so i think we should all acknowledge and appreciate that. But they might grow over time and if they begin to turn like EA i will one of the first to fight them like i did with others.

I will repeat: Patience is a virtue. 

Do you want a fine and polished product or a shiny rushed one?

the problem with the pirate faction is that everyone can join them without consequences making it super imbalanced compared to other nations.

I don't mind a tough fight but it really is not fun to see former people from your nation turn pirate because they have an easier time then.

And then what bothers me the most is that the game strives for historical accuracy so hard yet you have this pirate nation that wouldn't have existed irl.

It's like the tv series black sails but then even more ridiculous hehe.

I'm happy the devs are gonna make changes to this and can't wait to see what they are gonna come up with.

It's no easy task for sure.

• Like 1

the problem with the pirate faction is that everyone can join them without consequences making it super imbalanced compared to other nations.

I don't mind a tough fight but it really is not fun to see former people from your nation turn pirate because they have an easier time then.

And then what bothers me the most is that the game strives for historical accuracy so hard yet you have this pirate nation that wouldn't have existed irl.

It's like the tv series black sails but then even more ridiculous hehe.

I'm happy the devs are gonna make changes to this and can't wait to see what they are gonna come up with.

It's no easy task for sure.

Well said, and you sir have been playing longer that most.

Now onto the Quote, "Patience is a Virtue"

Hello,...........I'm a Pastor.

You really want to go there?????

Anyway, I'm going to no sit back,

For I have had enough casting "pearls before swine" a bible quote.

PM me if you want more info and teaching on the subject.

But this is not my first Rodeo as they say, and I was not in the last rainfall either.

The Spinless remark is Known By The Devs with the PM I write.

The remark is to see if this is more "Cancerous" than othe "issues" that are being discussed.

I'm far from being a bully, but instead "Fishing Psychologically" so to speak.

It's a form of analysis.

But hey trying to tell "millennials" that know everything is HARD to do!

It's not a form of analysis, it's a form of manipulation - "If I shock them, I might get what I want or initiate a response".

Again, Why use the term "Cancerous" again this is a highly emotive term....

Then using another emotive term like this "But hey trying to tell "millennials" that know everything is HARD to do!"  is just a crass generalization.

Your entire position is an "Appeal to Emotion".  There is no analysis at all....

• Like 1

Sorry but I can't vote for this - the pirate nation IS unrealistic but it IS here and it's not on to take that away from people. Nor is it diplomatic. Putting people's backs up is not going to help to reform this game. Would the British want to be renamed to Portugal??? No - we would fight that tooth and claw.

This is why I posted in Suggestions to Developers that the way forward might be to let the current pirates (Pirate Nation) continue but create a new faction (in effect 'real' pirates) that has more piratey characteristics. There are a significant number of pirates who are disappointed that they are not getting the full pirate experience they signed up for and the rest of us are also missing out on fighting real pirates.

Of course, since the Pirate Nation play as just like any other nation let them play by the same rules