Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix - 9.67

admin

like where on server 2 its dead i can sit out side a capital and not get hit

If you are looking for AI fleets in PvP2, here are a few suggestions from the what I've seen in my travels.  Don't know what nation you are in, so I'll try and cover most.  Basicall though you have to go to enemy territory/border to find AI fleets from the enemy....I mean it just makes sense.  

French AI fleets - Haiti and Camp du Roy

British AI fleets - Haiti, Camp du Roy, Cuba

Swed and Denmark Fleets - Inbetween Vieques and Plymouth there are TONS

Dutch - Honestly don't know but I guess in the south of the map.

US AI fleets - Flodida, Cuba, Louisiana

Spanish AI fleets - Louisiana, Cuba, South America

I have not been to the Yucatan but I imagine that there are a good mix there.  Basically you need to move your operations to the front lines to find AI fleets, since ports spawn them based on the country that owns them.  (there are exceptions, hince British fleets around Camp du Roy and French still in Haiti.)  But I imagine that the devs will be elimination those exceptions over time, since it only makes sense.   

Edited by Arbour

We also got a couple of messages in private claiming that we are keeping this feature because we want to sell more copies to alts.

Of all the reasons said up to this point, this is probably the most reasonable and also the most unfortunate.

Perception of supporting or desiring "pay to win" must be avoided 

however

when having an alt account for ANY REASON is an advantage of some sort, pay to win will be accused. This includes valid mechanics that attempt to limit players to a controlled and balanced experience, such as the labor hours issue. Someone will always be willing to pay to avoid ANY restriction attempted.

It's a catch 22 and there is no correct answer. I would have preferred that they ignore the complaints, and announce future changes that made the second accounts irrelevant.

I still don't like this choice, but at least now I understand a bit more of the "why".

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

i am the only investor

Sorry to break it out to you, but every player who bought your early access game for twice the price of every other early access game is an investor. They trusted you with their money to create this game and make it fun. That is what early access is about.. It's not about you getting beta testers AND being paid by them, it's about you getting more money to fuel the development of your game and accepting that your investors, however small they are, are satisfied with the results.

Granted, you can't make everyone happy, but still, to say you are the only investor is like kicking sand in your player's faces.

That said, I fully agree with the removal of AI reinforcements, but that statement you made just hit me right in the principles.

• Like 1

Sorry to break it out to you, but every player who bought your early access game for twice the price of every other early access game is an investor. They trusted you with their money to create this game and make it fun. That is what early access is about.. It's not about you getting beta testers AND being paid by them, it's about you getting more money to fuel the development of your game and accepting that your investors, however small they are, are satisfied with the results.

Granted, you can't make everyone happy, but still, to say you are the only investor is like kicking sand in your player's faces.

That said, I fully agree with the removal of AI reinforcements, but that statement you made just hit me right in the principles.

The question specifically addressed a particular type of investors which i answered. 

We report to the community of players and i am a player too.

They guy who asked a question was talking about a specific type. 

GPOyaRq.png

We don't have such investors. We are fully indie - independent of those guys.

Your statement is wacky and is out of context. You made up something in your mind and became unhappy hurting my feelings as a result. I expect an apology :)

• Like 2

You are wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investor

We bought a game in progress. We did not sign a contract nor agreement that entitles us to any judgement of the quality. The deal is done, it is fulfilled, there is no legal obligation that binds Game Labs to us or to the work on the game in any way.

Accusing someone of lying when you yourself use the "barbie world" legal definitions is silly.

• Like 7

Admin, I don't think with a 2 minute timer this is fully resolved yet.

Consider the following scenario

1 tagger is outside the port.

the rest are inside the port

The tagger sees a target on the open world and announces this on teamspeak and initiates the attack

The remaining players leave the port at the same time.

Now after the 20 second tag timer, the rest of the group is still invisible - 10 seconds left.

Battle starts, and after 40 seconds it is fully reinforced by the formerly invisible players in port / battle.

easy fix make invis only 30 sec but invuln. 120 sec.

• Like 3

Good luck doing anything that isn't a fast ship without getting set on easily now. RIP Frigate 'Cheribum' , Cerberus, etc. Never seen so many Trincomolees so close in to ports jumping players in less populated  I.E. incapable of mounting a response areas.

Early access is for people to test it out and give feed back to the devs....no where did the game say that it would fulfill you need for fun and excitement  in fact why does every one think that an alpha should be that way...  im just happy that i could test out the game..

• Like 3

investor

An investor is someone who provides (or invests) money or resources for an enterprise, such as a corporation, with the expectation of financial or other gain.

source: vocabulary.com

Spot on.  Since we as players don't get paid back, and have no expectation to be paid back, then we are not investors.  This is a misconception that people have with early access games.  The devs should listen to their player base (I believe they do here) It is only good business practice to listen to your customers and adjust your product accordingly, but to say that you are an investor is wrong.  In EA games, you are an "early adopter" player that gets a discount for being an early adopter, at best.  Saying we are investors, is like saying that I am an investor of Target cause I gave them money for toilet paper.  The investors are the ones that own shares in Target, not the ones that shop there.

• Like 2

Early access is for people to test it out and give feed back to the devs....no where did the game say that it would fulfill you need for fun and excitement  in fact why does every one think that an alpha should be that way...  im just happy that i could test out the game..

It's a happy bonus that we get to keep anything from this stage of the game, the fact that those things are XP both rank and crafting, (as well as the personal experience learned from playing) is a huge plus.

• Like 1

And priveledge to pay to do it don't forget.

• Like 1

Spot on.  Since we as players don't get paid back, and have no expectation to be paid back, then we are not investors.  This is a misconception that people have with early access games.  The devs should listen to their player base (I believe they do here) It is only good business practice to listen to your customers and adjust your product accordingly, but to say that you are an investor is wrong.  In EA games, you are an "early adopter" player that gets a discount for being an early adopter, at best.  Saying we are investors, is like saying that I am an investor of Target cause I gave them money for toilet paper.  The investors are the ones that own shares in Target, not the ones that shop there.

I concur. Best investment for money is indeed shares into toilet paper companies. It will never EVER come a time when the product gets obsolete.

ahhhhh sorry for the off-topic

• Like 1

The question specifically addressed a particular type of investors which i answered. 

We report to the community of players and i am a player too. They guy who asked a question was talking about a specific type. 

Your statement is wacky and is out of context. You made up something in your mind and became unhappy hurting my feelings as a result. I expect an apology :)

I must have missed the convo where the type of investor was mentioned. Sorry if it was out of context, from what I understood the "investors" that were mentioned were players, not something else.

Not gonna create a debate on this here, it's neither the place or time, but I still stand behind the statement, however out of context it is :)

As for others quoting definition of investors, lets not get hung up on technicalities, the fact remains that early access is a way for smaller companies to finance their projects, so whether we are investors by the definition of the law or not is irrelevant, we still are investors in my book and while it does not give us authority on the development, I think we have way more weight than a typical beta tester who is hired to test the product and not necessarily judge it as a purchase or investment.

Back to our regular programming now!

And the choice to forgo the entire thing and not pay, don't forget.

[dam trolls]

"Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” –Damon Richards

Edited by Cragger

As for others quoting definition of investors, lets not get hung up on technicalities....

And strait onto the "No true Scotsman" fallacy.

Nicely done.  [golf clap]

EDIT:

I was wrong its more an Equivocation or Definitional retreat. 

"the misleading use of a term with more than one meaning (by glossing over which meaning is intended at a particular time)."

Definitional retreat – changing the meaning of a word to deal with an objection raised against the original wording.

So hard to keep them all straight.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I think we have way more weight than a typical beta tester who is hired to test the product and not necessarily judge it as a purchase or investment.

Very wrong.  If I hire an expert to do a job, they have more weight on the subject in my mind than pulling someone off the street to do a job.  The devs do not know the individual experiences of every player, but they do with hired beta testers. So they can "crowd source" ideas from a mass of players, but in that they understand that some players have no idea what they are talking about.  (not saying you personally, but we all know those people that just don't get it.)  

From hotfixes to lexicon ping pong. Gotta'loooove some of the threads :)

I bought a product. I invested time in it.

I willingly gave away my cash. I got my investor's revenue share of fun related to the time investment.

• Like 1

Captains who think that reinforcement fleets that can sink 2 speed fitted trincomalees are mistaken. Calling reinforcements could call 3 frigates or 2 constitutions. Those NPCs will achieve nothing.

A lot of players were sank in front of their reinforcements over the last month. 

• You can ignore NPCs if player is running (reinforcements cannot chase properly)
  • You can also ignore NPCs if player is fighting trying to hide within the reinforcement fleet (reinforcements can't fight properly because when you make them fight people start talking about ai shooting too well like players). Just focus fire well until he sinks and then run away because reinforcements cannot chase.
Reinforcements were discussed internally and were locked down because of exploit potential. We also got a couple of messages in private claiming that we are keeping this feature because we want to sell more copies to alts.

ps. Renommee will have no problem catching a trincomalee, just sail on the side to which the trinco is heeling to. He won't be even able to shoot you while you demast his ship. We find the notion that 2 trincos can shutdown British capital ridiculous. Just ask for some experienced guys to help with them. Gank them. If ganking is possible and easy to do as you say here - just gank them. The fact that 2 trincos can operate around an enemy capital shows that ganking is somewhat .. hard?

I guess you misunderstand something. They will force them to escape. There is no need to try to hunt them just not to get ganked.