Game-Labs Forum

Return of the Pirate

Kutai

50 3rds for 4 victorys...... worth!... not

3rds are free...

Definitely a Pyrrhic victory for the Brits, well fought from the pirates.

Sinking 4 Victories by throwing away 50 3rd Rates is like spending a $500 welfare check on the lottery to win $40

3rd aren't "Free" they're just more obtainable. There's still time, effort, and repair kits consumed in the acquisition of them. More money if players are invested heavily in boarding mods. 

• Like 3

Firstly as far as I am aware we lost 25 3rd rates. I do not get where you keep throwing this 50 number from. Obviously this is not taking into accout the 2 British ones we capped outside.

Secondly we went into the battle with the sole intention of sinking Victories. Which we did.

3rd rates are disposable. They are free. Victories are not. They also have a single dura and any mods placed on them are also removed.

Considering the amount of boasting around sinking a single Pirate Victory I find the attempt to cover up your loss quite humerous.

Edited by Kutai
  • Like 2

Firstly as far as I am aware we lost 25 3rd rates. I do not get where you keep throwing this 50 number from. Obviously this is not taking into accout the 2 British ones we capped outside.

Secondly we went into the battle with the sole intention of sinking Victories. Which we did.

3rd rates are disposable. They are free. Victories are not. They also have a single dura and any mods placed on them are also removed.

Considering the amount of boasting around sinking a single Pirate Victory I find the attempt to cover up your loss quite humerous.

Danes attacked jereme before you pirates did so yeah 50 3rd rates you lost to take 1 port

Danes attacked jereme before you pirates did so yeah 50 3rd rates you lost to take 1 port

Danes backed out halfway through and left with most of there fleet as far as i heard they lost 2-3 ships? so no it was not 50, more like 27 or something like that (Not counting the British losses)

Then we decided we wanted fun, so our captured 3rd rates with no upgrades on and prob about no more than 6 repair kits so they cost what 60k gold in the repairs and take no more than 15 mins to capture

(Bearing in mind we made over 300k gold and 3k xp each in that battle)

we decided we'll go into battle with em for a laugh and some fun on Friday night, we were hoping the brits would face us in open water with there superior fleet but they didn't so hey whatever we'll go into the PB and try and take out Victorys...

To be honest we don't care about ships as upon a map reset we'll lose them anyway, Fun and experiences are what make a game and we all had fun.  Don't know why you've gone so defensive on a little fun both sides had a laugh yet you seem to have gone mad about pirates ships lost and that numbers maters 20....50...1000 who cares when im old and grumpy we'll look back and smile and what happened...Fun

Next time you get into a battle like that and see how much fun it was  :)

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 2

I think they went defensive because the OP is claiming some kind of victory when it was in fact another defeat. Yes you killed some first rates, we have all seen the video though and those victories went in very aggressive. They went in first and drew the attention of the entire attacking fleet. Good kills indeed but at the cost of the battle and your entire fleet.

The truth is we came to Jeremy to see if we can capture it, but when we entered the battle, the oponent force is just overpower us, 5 victory, 3 pavels, 5 bellona and other 3rd rates when our fleet is composed only 2 bellona and the rest are the third rate and 1 tricomalee and we also need to destroy 5 towers. What can we do in that case ? Even the most incompetant admiral see the unbalanced of firepower that makes impossible to win.

Running ? I think it s out of question for pirates , running is not FUN, so we adapt our tactic and try to get the best result, and trying to sink as many victory as we can  seems to be the  best one, and we did that,  4 Victory sunk and 1 escaped.

But what I love with pirates that we dont really care much about winning or losing, the most important thing is having fun like Bloody Hound said and if you watched the  streamming of the battle you can see it by yourself too, we were laughing alot during the battle.  It seems that alot of people forgot that we play game for fun.

Edited by thp

So...

Some days ago a Pirate Victory was set upon by the dastardly British and sank strongly out gunned and out numbered. There was much jollyment amongst the British on that day and much boasting of a great accomplishment. 

Today, the Pirates returned for vengeance! 

At the battle of Jereme, with 3rd Rates alone.. while HUGELY out gunned, The Pirate Nation struck back and sunk 4 British VICTORIES! 

For the black! 

For the Pirates!

Watched the stream, looked good, however a lot of ramming commands used by the Pirates... is that normal policy?

Danes backed out halfway through and left with most of there fleet as far as i heard they lost 2-3 ships? so no it was not 50, more like 27 or something like that (Not counting the British losses)

Then we decided we wanted fun, so our captured 3rd rates with no upgrades on and prob about no more than 6 repair kits so they cost what 60k gold in the repairs and take no more than 15 mins to capture

we decided we'll go into battle with em for a laugh and some fun on Friday night, we were hoping the brits would face us in open water with there superior fleet but they didn't so hey whatever we'll go into the PB and try and take out Victorys...

To be honest we don't care about ships as upon a map reset we'll lose them anyway, Fun and experiences are what make a game and we all had fun.  Don't know why you've gone so defensive on a little fun both sides had a laugh yet you seem to have gone mad about pirates ships lost and that numbers maters 20....50...1000 who cares when im old and grumpy we'll look back and smile and what happened...Fun

thats all that matters the "fun" :) and it also was entertaining to watch on stream ^^

• Like 1

As a brit to a pirate, I like that you don't go trowing mud at anybody, and just are happy you had great fun, no matter if it is a win or a lose, and like you said that is what it is all about. We need more posts with people congratulating eachother over a great battle. +1 for you! Fun is the key word in this game...nicely done.

• Like 1