Game-Labs Forum

(PVP1 EU) Pirates Plant Flag on Jamaica....

Zombie

...Or so we thought.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642746818

We got crash screens as we exited out instead and the port did not flip to contested.

If it does after maintenance and wish PM for what we would have set 2 hour window so you can fight us for it I will meet you there and we will correct it for the following maint.  If not so be it...

Good luck and stay safe

- Zombie

• Like 3

I think you might have left the battle before the Battle Over message popped up no? Certainly your screenshot shows lots of people leaving.

What port was it?

Yeah but that makes no sense as they have destroyed 5/5 towers and have the BR superiority as you can see at the top even with those people that left so in theory the battle should have been won instantly when both of those were met.

but it does not show 'BATTLE OVER' at the top of the screen which must mean that something must have bugged out to cause it, best to give a bug report and hopefully it gets sorted out.... As it takes awhile to set up some port battles so these people 'wasted' there time

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

The image doesn't show that you were victorious in your escapade. The image suggests that you all started leaving before the battle was officially over, and you were presented with the "BATTLE OVER" notification. Leaving before presented with the "BATTLE OVER" screen will leave enemy vessels in the battle (granting them victory by default). If you destroy the towers without having an overwhelming BR difference, then you won't automatically win the battle, you will move on to "STAGE 2".

snip

Everything on UI in that screenshot shows that they won the battle, the towers 5/5 are gone and that have 3.5/2 BR difference which means they won... (And we all no BATTLE VICTORY pops up instantly when those are met)  And as you can see the ones that left with 'escaped' means they left with every idea that they won due to the UI and as he said crashed on the Victory/reward screen.

Even with those people that left they still have the BR advantage and im assuming when those people left they warned the others they were crashing and told em to stay.

A huge bug appears to have happened which could have happened to any nation, ignore that fact what nation they are and you want to protect yarr British honour/port

A bug happened it needs to be reported and hopefully find out what happened...

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

Please do refer to my previous post, Hound, the BR difference automatic victory ONLY applies IF you have above 2/2 when the final tower is destroyed, else the port battle shall move on to stage two. Zombie stated that "we got crash screens as we exited out", not that he crashed out on the Victory/results screen. This has nothing to do with protecting honour or a "bug", but trying to educate you on how the system works. You're perfectly free to report it as a bug, should you wish to, nothing is stopping you. :)

snip

Im not even going to debate with you (you seem to have taken it personally) but in the end something went wrong... them crashing alone is a bug, The screenshot was taken by another player which is not zombie so that's 2 perspectives on the issue so it happened to more than 1 person.

edit: 

As far as i know does not matter when towers got destroyed etc when it's 5/5 and 2/2 or above you win instantly to stop the select few griefing the match by running away and wasting everyone's time

Edited by Bloody Hound

Sounds like a bug hope it gets fixed, it is clear that you won and our member who was present in that battle as well as G'kar also admits pirates did win the battle and it should have said you were victorious. Hope the devs fix this issue and flip the port so we can retake it and place a timer on it :P

• Like 3

Very strange bug. Will be interesting to see if it can be replicated. Perhaps it is the port itself rather than a random bug that could happen anywhere?

What time did it happen? If close to the server maintenance that could possibly also cause issues.

• Like 2

if i recall hearing correctly this attack happened/finished roughly in the 06-08 time window right? Might be a bug that was caused by moving maintence forward, but please if so do not move it back whatever you do. I can finally play in my prime time :)

Dont worry mate, you would loose the port the following day no matter what ;) .

However I must say I miss to battle against some of your friends the ruskies, so much vodka :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ?

Very strange! I thought Pirates drank Rum yet in this game the Danish and pirates all seem to prefer Vodka!!?

- 75% got dropped; 25% of us it took to reward screen then dropped us

- Of course we got Exit screen mates

- Indeed you may have took it right back from us; but you would at least get a 25V25

- I have always wanted a Condo in Jamaica

* I just hit up up down down left right left right B A start and select and it didn't work to get the port back

• Like 1

All sorted. Naval Action Gods contacted us.  Brits Brains are safe for 24 more yours.

PS Excellent fight in Jere.

Edit @ CiKi - Ticket sir.  They will sort you quick and sort gold.  Games a work in progress but awesome/friendly responses.....Zombies are sold

Edited by Zombie