Game-Labs Forum

Letter to buckingham palace

lobogris

TREASON !!!!!!

Feeling sympathy for a monarchy that allows no legal representation of the colonies, alas an Absolutist King, is in no way the feeling of many good captains of the Republic nor faithful servants of the Prince.

With the revolutionaire winds blowing in the east, with bonapartists gaining support by the hour it is just a matter of time before kings and emperors feel the wrath of the people.

​Your most grateful co.citizen and faithful servant of the Progressive Party,

​Captain in the Antilles Fleet

​Hethwill Eskeath

;) see: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotas_neerlandeses

At the begining of the steam release we had an alliance. You took lots of spanish ports despite of that, more than the allowed ones because you want to put timers on them. 

At the south, several clans attacked us and they made an alliance with the Dutch to defeat RAE. And the AUSEZ and the SLRN did nothing to stop that.

South Cuba was full of spanish ports, again you took several of them because you need them as operations base (Pinar del Rio, Corrientes, Baja) for your fleet against the USA. We allowed that because we understood your needs. 

You took also Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus again because of the port timers, but you knew well that both of them were spanish ports and we would take them back days after to set our port timers. That was the deal/treaty.

About one week after (maybe more), we took them back because we needed them for our crafters and because was part of the deal/treaty with the british.

Lets be clear on this. We didnt want any war against the british, none of us. Most, if not all of our playerbase, agreed with the alliance. We took those ports because we thought the treaty was clear.

So, instead of asking yourselves why we reconquered those ports and sending diplomats to avoid war, you decided to attack us and to conquer south cuba as somekind of reprisal the following day.

Personally lots of us still dont understand why this had happened. I can assure you we were absolutely shocked when you began full invasion of south Cuba.

For god sake, we had an open front against the usa and the pirates, did we really want another? The answer: Of course not.

- Ok firstly a the time AUSEZ and SLRN couldnt help down south and stop BWITC and SINK.  Just like how you cant stop some of your clans at the moment.

- Your correct all about the Pinar del rio etc, with Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus there was no deal that WE knew of.  Understand this though, that was the catalyst.  You 'took' them back.  They werent flipped.  

- Later that night on that day was the operation against north yuctan, so we asked ourselves.  We are planning to take these ports for flip back to the spanish yet 6 hours before hand they are attacking us?

-  At this point it was decided that south cuba had to be captured for the safety of of all Britain.

-  We then enter into negotiations AGAIN with spainish diplomats to try to flip the north yuctan back, after we had felt liek we had been stabbed in the back. WE come to a agreement.

-  Again, the DAY we are planning to flip the north yuctan back to spain.  WE have other clans attacking Corientas.

-  At this point we felt BACKSTABBED again.

- Then we have talked with RACC trying to figure out a peace, we invite a officer/diplomat to come to the Briitsh council and give a proposal,  during mid negotiations.  A flag is bought against misterosa. haha

In conclusion,  the British nation has felt like its tried time and time again to be friends.  All we get is backstabs and then 'spanish pride' thrown in our face.  'These ports were ours', 'We are a proud people' etc etc etc.  If you were a TAD bloody patient, both times.  Just 6 hours one time, and 10 hours on the second.  YOU WOULD OF GOT PORTS FLIPPED TO YOU!  But you couldn't control you officers and troops.  At this point we cant control ours either ;)

Wait untill you see some aussie pride :)

• Like 1

- Ok firstly a the time AUSEZ and SLRN couldnt help down south and stop BWITC and SINK.  Just like how you cant stop some of your clans at the moment.

- Your correct all about the Pinar del rio etc, with Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus there was no deal that WE knew of.  Understand this though, that was the catalyst.  You 'took' them back.  They werent flipped.  

If you are a nation with that British Council then you should have better communication between yourselves cause there was a treaty and several important leaders of the british nation knew that.

- Later that night on that day was the operation against north yuctan, so we asked ourselves.  We are planning to take these ports for flip back to the spanish yet 6 hours before hand they are attacking us?

-  At this point it was decided that south cuba had to be captured for the safety of of all Britain.

For the "safety of Britain" you decided to want to war instead of talk. That was your fault. 

-  We then enter into negotiations AGAIN with spainish diplomats to try to flip the north yuctan back, after we had felt liek we had been stabbed in the back. WE come to a agreement.

-  Again, the DAY we are planning to flip the north yuctan back to spain.  WE have other clans attacking Corientas.

The deal was absolutely unfair, losing all south Cuba (10+ ports) and we get 4 in return. And after a war that you began because you preferred to conquer undefended ports instead of using diplomacy.

And more important, you didnt want to talk with all clans (you avoid RAE for example, one of the biggest clans). Only with few ones so you can get your unfair peace. And you avoided RAE because the treaty that you broke was signed with them. Very clever move.

-  At this point we felt BACKSTABBED again.

During all those days we were absolutely shocked with your decision of going to war against us. You felt backstabbed, but we felt absolutely stupid of trusting you since the begining. We really thought we were friends and there was respect and trust between our nations.

- Then we have talked with RACC trying to figure out a peace, we invite a officer/diplomat to come to the Briitsh council and give a proposal,  during mid negotiations.  A flag is bought against misterosa. haha

In conclusion,  the British nation has felt like its tried time and time again to be friends.  All we get is backstabs and then 'spanish pride' thrown in our face.  'These ports were ours', 'We are a proud people' etc etc etc.  If you were a TAD bloody patient, both times.  Just 6 hours one time, and 10 hours on the second.  YOU WOULD OF GOT PORTS FLIPPED TO YOU!  But you couldn't control you officers and troops.  At this point we cant control ours either ;)

Wait untill you see some aussie pride :)

You tried to be friends... and you did all of this. You think we are just blind people cause our "pride". The thing is that we hate being lied and manipulated to fill others interests. 

- Firstly at this time the British council did not exist.  So their was little we could do to stop this.  

- Yes due to RAE attacking us FIRST in south cuba.  

- There was no deal for south cuba, we tried to make a deal with the Spanish council to hand over the yuctan, but knew RAE would oppose the deal and attack us in south cuba anyway.  So again this is why it was decided to lock down southa cuba.  Ohh we talked we RAE, and everytime i tried to talk pepe would cut me off in 5 seconds saying 'nonononononono'  Then go on a 10 min rant in spanish and we would get a 30 second response in english.  Then i would try to respond again, and get cut off in 10 seconds again with 'nonononononono' and repeat.  After the 3rd time this happen i continued talking, and when i refused i was told 'This is my Teamspeak, this is my house. I will talk over you if i want' .  At this time i told pepe where to go and left the teamspeak.  After this we talked to Gaizka still, and then yesterday Tsunami to reach a deal.  By the way do you think anyone from RAE has ever joined our teamspeaks?  Or searched us out?  We were chasing them!

- Shocked about south Cuba?  You think before we have 3 full fleets set and ready to take the Yuctan FOR YOU.  6 hours before we get attacked in South cuba from you.  We were perplexed!  What the hell are the spanish doing? We are trying to help them!  They are willing to ruin their relationship with us for Trinidad and Sancti Spirits?  As stated by yourself these were 'taken' not handed over!  Yet you expect us to hand over ports after you 'take ports'? Then we deal with the spanish council to STILL hand them back to you, and hours before we are about to switch timers for you, you attack us in corientas and failed mind you.

-  My point exactly you think you have been manipulated by us, but firstly you were manipulated by pepe.  Now you are being manipulated by russians.  All we tried to do was work a deal out with Spain. MULTIPLE TIMES!  

- Why do you think RAE went to concepcion?  Why do you think they didnt surrender to the US?   It was to brake the game, to change the Port battle mechanics to benefit a small group of people.  Pepe wanted spain to be run into the ground so the mechanics would change.  Then guess what after all that, the devs did make a post about how they were going to step in with some portugese rebellion.  As still suspected to change the location of the spanish capital.

- WE HAVE NO INTEREST IN SPAIN FAILING!  Go ask anyone ive ever talked to about this.  We love this game, and want this game to succeed, and been working our butts off to try to make a safe place for spanish players to trade and farm.  This is where the pride comes in though,  ask the devs how many players you have?  I bet its similar level to the swedes.  Yet because you started the game with historical ports you thought you were a bigger than you truly were. And get insulted if any port is taken from you.  

- How you couldnt see a 3 way deal between Britain, the US and Spain, having clear cut borders and no more port battles wouldnt benefit your nation.  But your pride got ahead of you.  I have felt so sorry for all your diplomats, they have worked hard to try to come to deals with us. Yet every time it falls through becasue of a handful of officers not agreeing with them.  

Honestly at this point im tired of this, i have literal spent around 20 hours of my life talking to spanish diplomats, and got no where!  Due to short sighted officers in your nation.  I will be spending much more than 20 hours now, having fun, sinking your ships and taking your ports.  

• Like 2

You're stating that the Spanish nation is being manipulated by the Russians but that is simply not true since We have no agreements with them. On the other hand your diplomats want us to go against the people who have done more for us than GB itself. Ha!

Also You say that we didn't surrender to the US so as to force a change in port battle mechanics to benefit a small group of people. With this in mind can you then explain why the British faction is setting all port timers from 6 to 8 AM? Is all of the British faction playing in the american timezone now? ;)

I'm sure anyone can think of many ways to improve the port battle mechanics that doesn't involve completely disabling the enemy nation from attacking by setting an absurd timezone even for the defender. Stop saying that we broke the game because it takes less than a braincell to conclude that we didn't break what was already broken.

So far as i know you attacked our ports the other day yet you say we bought a flag while we were talking... till we sign anything its still war.

There's no way you are attacking our ports then talking and we're just gonna stand by

I can agree to everything that wang said about pepe as i was in that channel at the time, we knew they turned against us, even though we wanted peace with them and thought they were still friends, in fact we were in there to discuss with the spanish council as that was who we were told to hand the Northern Yucatan over to. Previous dealings with RAE had allowed them to give us tags on there teamspeak, while we were waiting for a member of the spanish council to come on, these were removed from myself, Zeal, G'kar all british diplomats that were on there teamspeak, we were kicked from the channels we were in back to the lobby.

Wang came on after i poked and was dragged down into a channel full of spanish RAE members. We asked to move channels to talk privately and in fact were only talking to them at the time about the TS tags. At pepe's command this changed to saying how we somehow broke the deal we had by taking the ports of Congrios, Truxillo and those other 3 in the bensalem area. Now this isn't true at all as when the US took Cuyo out clan made the call to take the port of Congrios in order so that the US could not come down and be a thorn in our side. I went over to RAE and told them this, one of there officers replied (sorry don't know his name of hand) "That's fine, feel free to take everything North of Gracious A Dios even the Gulf of Mexico and South Cuba if you want, there is NO other clans in that area as they all rerolled pirate".

I asked about 4 times to confirm this and he said the same thing each time. Mind you this was when RAE was still in Panama and the council was only just only starting to be made (Getting other clans option of forming a council). So when RAE claimed we broke it because we took these ports is wrong, they also wanted to set up in Truxillo which we were planning on leaving spanish for a safe decent PVE farming spot,  when we found out about this yes we did take it. The next day/night they attacked our ports in South Cuba.

And now we get back though all the fucking bullshit that's recently happened to were we are now.

So i ask again, if we so wished to be enemies by breaking alliances why didn't we attack your fleet which we outnumbered at least 2 -1 outside sisal? Instead we provided early screening for your fleet as well as performing a line of entry as a bit of fun.  Yes we wanted South Cuba, but this was because we were told all spanish clans but one (RAE) was apart of the spanish council, we were told they all agreed to our deal in which we were to take south cuba, we were told that this was for exchange of helping you guys knock the US out of Yucatan(which we did) and for flipping those ports back to spain. We were told all this by a SPANISH DIPLOMAT.

So when we were attacked by other clans that were not RAE, you could think we were surprised and angry that again SPAIN BACKSTABBED US.

If you repeat a lie many times, it will become true

Edited. I mistook the quote.

Edited by Lucun

Such a well articulated, and informative response.

No retort, no explanation just call us liars.  

Did you learn your diplomacy from pepe himself?

How are we going to make agreements with two sets of people?

One wants one thing one agreement then other wants something different?

Next time i just wont try to make a agreement with a nation that is divided in such a way.

Pepe did this, the RAE did that... The fact is that i think the spanish grew tires of letting ports undefended for the brits to take on promises of a brighter future which never came true, be it because whoever did whatever but i think that is the case. And it keeps getting repeated, you brits attacks our ports and when we do whatever to defend us or try retaliate it's an offense to the crown.

If i were you and i really wanted peace i would show signs of goodwill such as putting some of the yucatan peninsula timers on our time so we can both fight there for fun, or not attack us while you want to talk.

What definitely isn't working is what it's going on right now and while i don't speak for the spanish nation i think most of the nation has the same feeling i do.

That being said i'm not asking for any of that, just pointing facts about how ppl is probably feeling.

Pepe did this, the RAE did that... The fact is that i think the spanish grew tires of letting ports undefended for the brits to take on promises of a brighter future which never came true, be it because whoever did whatever but i think that is the case. And it keeps getting repeated, you brits attacks our ports and when we do whatever to defend us or try retaliate it's an offense to the crown.

If i were you and i really wanted peace i would show signs of goodwill such as putting some of the yucatan peninsula timers on our time so we can both fight there for fun, or not attack us while you want to talk.

What definitely isn't working is what it's going on right now and while i don't speak for the spanish nation i think most of the nation has the same feeling i do.

That being said i'm not asking for any of that, just pointing facts about how ppl is probably feeling.

Again at this point, i have no will for peace.  

I assure you i was the only voice on the British Council fighting for peace with Spain.  With the current events and these debates on the thread you have lost that voice.  Good luck getting any peace now.

Those timers are on times that the aussies who occupy there can fight.  Again Spanish complaining about timers again...thats new.

• Like 1

Now i said to Zeal i wouldn't post on this any more but screw it one last one.

So you think that we should set our ports to your timers so you can attack them for fun? Not only that you don't think we should attack while our diplo's are talking? Hmm so what happened yesterday while our diplo's of both nations were talking and SPAIN decided to attack during this talk? But oh no Spain is not like that, we were the big bad brits and we shouldn't attack during diplo talks. Yer not going to happen so fuck Spain and fuck the diplo's your nation had its chance at peace but each time diplo's try to organise peace on both sides, SPAIN is the nation that decides to not agree to anything and the talks break down. Our clan and many other british clans have had enough.

Let me remind you south Panama with your rebel clans SINK and BWITC. Your British Council was founded about 2 weeks ago, more or less. 

We had, since the begining, a war situation against several enemies. We just didnt have the time for talk when we had to be always doing battles.

I think you have been quite confortable and peaceful at Central America.

Literally the day before the first council meeting the last Spanish port was captured in central America.  

Didnt have time to talk?  Well can i tell you something.  Making friends with people and taking the time to talk can win you a lot of ports without shooting a single ship.

Ever heard the saying, 'The pen is mightier than the sword'. Good advice to follow.

My pen is sheathed, and my sword is coming out.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/311118246365378416/095747862FF7457A2040482FBE83C46E4202D8F8/

pepe being sunk...makes my friend between my legs get a semi.

• Like 2

Still trying to herd those cats I see... I feel for ya man. I really do. I'd rather jump in a pool of razor blades than try and get two Dons to agree the sky is blue.

Given up on the hearding, going to wack them so hard so they can start agreeing with each other.

• Like 1

Still trying to herd those cats I see... I feel for ya man. I really do. I'd rather jump in a pool of razor blades than try and get two Dons to agree the sky is blue.

Well, at this point we are at war and we all agree we will fight Britain even without a single port. We will be there over and over. And as I told the americans, we wont surrunder because we dont know how  :)

So, congratulations, you made us agree in something. ;)

Another matter is if we like it. 

Some of us, dont like the idea of being at war with Britain. In fact, some of us think we should be natural allies. But things have gone South.

Regarding the diplomatic relations I have to say they are a very tricky issue, and from what I know, both parts have made mistakes. 

This is a Beta game at the moment, but if we want to reach agreements in the future, both parts will have to be more carefull in order to build mutual trust (IMHO the base of any kind of relation)

Gaizka

Representing just myself at the moment  :)