Game-Labs Forum

Pvp1: Denmark-Norway, peace or war?

kirefla91

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should Denmark-Norway and sweden break the peace and have war?

• Yes, there can be no peace,- I'll have my cannons roar!
    • No, there should be peace, I long for the relative safety of it!

Hear ye, hear ye- All danish-norwegian and swedish captains are called in for a vote; whom among you support the fragile peace, and whom disagree with it? Let us have your opinions now gentlemen, and then- Should the poll come out in favour of peace, let us all settle for that and avoid the topic in the future.

Though surely, if the poll comes out against the peace, then we know that it is destined to be broken in the near future, for surely- If the majority wishes something, the majority will have it, or fail in the attempt to seize it.

I vigorously place my mark upon the warring side.  

Edit: spelling.

Edited by kirefla91

So... since the vast majority of the server's population is neither in the Danish-norwegian, nor in the swedish faction, you're basically asking if other nations feel if you should be at war or not? Shouldn't you decide that for yourself?

So... since the vast majority of the server's population is neither in the Danish-norwegian, nor in the swedish faction, you're basically asking if other nations feel if you should be at war or not? Shouldn't you decide that for yourself?

Not at all, if you read the post you'll see who I'm asking to participate in the poll; it's a survey to acquire the opinions of those 'few', though of course, I can't prevent anyone from other nations of voting, but it's still the better option than asking in the chat, it allows everyone a chance to voice their opinion.

I'm a Dane and someone red is someone red, they will be attacked no matter what nationality. Swedes are close and nice easy close targets for pvp

Not to mention a natural enemy for us! But yes, I agree completely with you.

Why not just choose to play as you will? If your clan wants peace, then be at peace. If your clan wants war, then be at war. If your clan chose peace/war and you disagree, leave and find one that with a view that you prefer. We as a group need to stop telling each other that "the other side" is playing the game wrong; the self-righteousness alone has grown so thick it's become difficult to wade through half of the threads on this forum.

• Like 4

Why not just choose to play as you will? If your clan wants peace, then be at peace. If your clan wants war, then be at war. If your clan chose peace/war and you disagree, leave and find one that with a view that you prefer. We as a group need to stop telling each other that "the other side" is playing the game wrong; the self-righteousness alone has grown so thick it's become difficult to wade through half of the threads on this forum.

I am an independant captain, I fly Danebrog for king and country- Not for admirals or clans, but I find it far better for an indication of where all stand, rather than an indication of where the clans alone stand. 

A massive waste of time this poll. If the great Clans on both side goes to war, you have a full scale war. If not, you can attack enemy ships and have fun. Same procedure as every year.....

If that's how you feel, then don't contribute as much time as you can to it by for example posting, seems the sane option considering your feelings on the matter, no? ;) 

I agree with, if you want war then go for it. But I do think as players we have to think about our attacks. The game isn't just about port battles don't think. You can have battles in open sea. You can blockade, and you can sort of raid. Of course there aren't mechanics for the last two but you don't really need dedicated mechanics for them. I know PB give the most in return for your efforts in battle and maybe that's part of the problem.

I won't vote, simply because i see the vote as a Sverige, Denmark- Norway thing

Edited by Morey

Hear ye, hear ye- All danish-norwegian and swedish captains are called in for a vote; whom among you support the fragile peace, and whom disagree with it? Let us have your opinions now gentlemen, and then- Should the poll come out in favour of peace, let us all settle for that and avoid the topic in the future.

Though surely, if the poll comes out against the peace, then we know that it is destined to be broken in the near future, for surely- If the majority wishes something, the majority will have it, or fail in the attempt to seize it.

I vigorously place my mark upon the warring side.  

Edit: spelling.

tahts none of your Business anyway

And we both no every Brit will vote for yes. So the Vote will be false anyway.

Plus no vote wahtsoever will change KF and HRE's decision.

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 1

Not at all, if you read the post you'll see who I'm asking to participate in the poll; it's a survey to acquire the opinions of those 'few', though of course, I can't prevent anyone from other nations of voting, but it's still the better option than asking in the chat, it allows everyone a chance to voice their opinion.

lol, tahts dumb.  our Clans were asked. We only answear to out own Clan.

Edited by Meraun

Look to your west, the puppet master no longer pulls your strings, cast off this petty conflict and turn your guns on the monstrosity that is GB. You have an opportunity to work together and achieve something far greater than a few islands on the eastern side of the Caribbean, you have the opportunity to push the foul British back and secure new lands for both your nations. Use your brain or has it been dulled by singing "God save the King" too much.

Puppet master?  Wow dramatic much.

I think anyone who isnt biased can see through this comment for what it is.  Pure propaganda and slander.

All you are trying to do is paint the brits as a common enemy to keep your fragile alliance together.  The Brits havent smashed anyone in this game, and all they have done is make peace and friends with all who were willing.  The danes conquered two nations and tried to flip them to fight for them.  

So tell me who is 'trying' to be puppet masters but obviously failing?

Puppet master?  Wow dramatic much.

I think anyone who isnt biased can see through this comment for what it is.  Pure propaganda and slander.

All you are trying to do is paint the brits as a common enemy to keep your fragile alliance together.  The Brits havent smashed anyone in this game, and all they have done is make peace and friends with all who were willing.  The danes conquered two nations and tried to flip them to fight for them.  

So tell me who is 'trying' to be puppet masters but obviously failing?

Every nation needs an opponent. An common enemy to focus on... Sweedes had Danes before and France is still considered Ally, so given current results of this poll, seems that Brits are to become a new one.

French and Dutch still aren't considered allied, given the tensions and different opinions in parties involved. So i think it is better for Brits if those tensions remain, otherwise if Dutch and France will stop hostilities, they will only have one nation to focus on next (I don't count Pirates). No wonder Brits don't like the idea.

Edited by Wyspa

You do realize you have pirates and GB on your western front? Why beat sweds to 1 port and ruin the data load for game improvement? Or are you hoping you can get all the Swedish players to go Danish?

Maybe the representatives of Denmark-Norway should have given the Swedes a couple of days to acclimate to only have one port before agreeing to peace, just so some of the more hawkish Swedish officers could understand how generous and game-saving the Danish proposal actually is, and how untenable it is economically and militarily to have but a single port.

I have not voted in this poll and will not, as it would be grossly inappropriate, but also I would remind other non-Denmark-Norway players that the voting is public, and evidence of any misconduct by foreign actors will be a matter of public record.

You do realize you have pirates and GB on your western front? Why beat sweds to 1 port and ruin the data load for game improvement? Or are you hoping you can get all the Swedish players to go Danish?

To reduce sweden to one port and maintain that would be a big indication for the developers to improve things in regards to that, or that's how I view it at least- Certainly seems more likely for them to be forced to do something about it if one nation is kept to one port for a lengthy period of time,- Than for ports to swap hands repeatedly and status quo achieved, one could certainly argue that the latter points to a lack of problems.

• Like 1

To reduce sweden to one port and maintain that would be a big indication for the developers to improve things in regards to that, or that's how I view it at least- Certainly seems more likely for them to be forced to do something about it if one nation is kept to one port for a lengthy period of time,- Than for ports to swap hands repeatedly and status quo achieved, one could certainly argue that the latter points to a lack of problems.

The admins/devs have seen what happen.

The Port Battle mechanic will be worked on later, currentley there is other things they work on as the community voted on these things http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7978-development-plans-prioritization-proposals-and-feedback<--- this thread.

From the poll there is 3 other things the community voted on which is more important to them then the "Land in battles and port battles".

The whole "peace" came about due to the the Dutch or Danes top clans didnt want to ruin the Swedish or French nation, so the "peace" is not for securing ports but to securing that people will still play both Sweden and France. So its for helping the community and player base the peace came about. 

So to sum it up Game Lab is focusing on other things due to the community wish. To not ruin the game for large majority of the Swedish/French players the 4 nations solved the situation (it did come into strategic places and some didnt think about the good for the community in the game and I think that is sad)

Edited by Tomms123
  • Like 1

I heard Adm Caldwell has a carronade under his hat that reloads itself (also out of fear).

I have to ask. For all you Swedish and Danish (nations) players, how binding are you going to treat the outcome of this poll. Or is it simply a cannon measuring contest?

Edited by Morey
  • Like 2

I heard Adm Caldwell has a carronade under his hat that reloads itself (also out of fear).

I have to ask. For all you Swedish and Danish (nations) players, how binding are you going to treat the outcome of this poll. Or is it simply a cannon measuring contest?

i coudnt care less about this  poll

• Like 1