Game-Labs Forum

Guild BEARS - Port battle Grief

Hello,

This is not the first time this has happened however this time I have evidence.

Today we attacked the port of Saint Marc, We were informed very shortly after buying the flag by our scouts that a number of Pirate players by the name of Bears were approaching Saint Marc from the south (English Territory) These players sailed freely past all british players in their frigates and join the port battle when we started.

The players then talked nonsense in chat when challenged. They had denied 5 3rd rate spots with frigate size ships. They said they were all drunk. As soon as the battle started, they all left. 

This is a clear annoyance and is being repeatedly done by these chaps. They have no intention to fight at all, just deny spots to larger ships, or actually any ships at all.

Please see screen shot -

NVVuWZX.jpg?1

• Like 1

Inacceptable behaviour, smells like British players based in Ile-a Vache...

When in doubt, blame the Brits eh?

Despicable behavior, but this is the internet and trolls will always exist. This won't be the first or the last time a similar situation will occur, and it happens to every nation.

Edited by xAzDKr

Kutai, write these guys down in a list of black mark. Clan Rubli allocated 300k in rewards fund. Divide the money himself. Our player to questioning for such behavior.
While the game does not impose the normal scheme approach PB, there is nothing we can do about it.

Sorry, google translate :)

• Like 1

For me is not traitor, is just some player want to play, but Koto have say"only 3 rate in PB, not the dev, because for the dev other ship are welcome, but when i see the screenshoot and when i read in the chat the prejudice world(harassment) vs BEARS soc, i understand why they go out. Please for the moderator, make again up the money mission in game, if you dont want making a game for eco player only. And sorry, but is not because Koto say 1 rule that make rule for everyone -.-

Edited by n_Ka

For me is not traitor, is just some player want to play, but Koto have say"only 3 rate in PB, not the dev, because for the dev other ship are welcome, but when i see the screenshoot and when i read in the chat the prejudice world(harassment) vs BEARS soc, i understand why they go out. Please for the moderator, make again up the money mission in game, if you dont want making a game for eco player only. And sorry, but is not because Koto say 1 rule that make rule for everyone -.-

Ok let me reply to a few things in your short statement here.

Firstly did any of these players provide gold towards the port battle?

Did any of these players work towards the strategy that led to this attack, organise enough players in large ships to ensure we could take it, provide a seperate fleet to attack another port as a diversion and provide a screen to pull in any british players coming to defend?

Also you will notice that we mention the fact thst they LEFT the battle in chat. When they joined we actually attempted to include them and work with them. They left immediately because they had NO intention to fight.

These lads are nothing but griefers. They joined in order to deny our 3rd rated spots and then left within seconds of the battle starting.

Ok let me reply to a few things in your short statement here.

Firstly did any of these players provide gold towards the port battle?

Sure, but that it's what i say. You are good éco is fine for you, but some player play 1 or 2 hour for 1 days, and never have money or eco of you. So Port Battle is not open for this player. Or you say what, we have the money, if player want to come we give the order! Is that...I was online when that have to be. And they are enter, everyone have crying, that you see in screen shoot, and they have go out. And i have say in chat, probably they have a bad english or around 15 years ago, and if player enter in battle and everyone call traitor ect, that make harassement.

When they joined we actually attempted to include them and work with them. They left immediately because they had NO intention to fight.

Ok for that, if effectivlly they have make that, is traitor, but i think they have make that because the word in the chat.

Finally you say they are xteamer, he work for english. No way in this game i think. Or you say, BEARS society play only for destroye the fun of the other ....No too.

I think, if you read the chat, this chat have kill the fun of BEARS and they have run out.

Griefing or harassment that is the question?

Finally you say they are xteamer, he work for english. No way in this game i think. Or you say, BEARS society play only for destroye the fun of the other ....No too.

I think, if you read the chat, this chat have kill the fun of BEARS and they have run out.

Griefing or harassment that is the question?

Again this is world chat AFTER they had already left the battle which can CLEARLY be seen in the screen shot. When they first joined although annoying we attempted to work with them.

If you are a solo player who does not have the eco as you put it to do a port battle then no you should not have a right to do it.

You are saying that everyone should be entitled to free hand out basically and be able to leach off those who actually work.

Should solo players be able to have free 1st rates also? Maybe they should be given to them by clans instead of clan members because we should not deny solo players the ability to have these ships even when they do not work for them?

Actually.. lets just make all ships and PBs free so we do not leave anyone out..

SARCASM WARNING!

Edited by Kutai

Ok Bears soc is soc play only for kill the fun of other player. And they play non stop for that.

But no BrStas, Bears soc too, with Belle Poule.

Why he have no to be out?

Have you a screen shoot of the chat battle for reading what you have say?

A bunch off back-stabbing  mercs made a move to disrupt a Battle.  Evidence indicates it was not a mistake but a thought out action. BEARS had a very un-gentleman behavior to say the least, but IMO not outside character or game breaking, as annoying as it maybe to all that put the effort to organised a PB.

Since they are already pirates they cannot be outcast for the offense so we (I play Pirate) will have to live and deal with it in game.

On a brighter note this type of events will help to shape the tools needed to build the Political/ Diplomatic and Law/ bounty interface mechanics in-game. So factions can take matters on their hands inside game -Placing Bounty alerts under players names or the ability to deny Port access etc. 

Ok Bears soc is soc play only for kill the fun of other player. And they play non stop for that.

But no BrStas, Bears soc too, with Belle Poule.

Why he have no to be out?

Have you a screen shoot of the chat battle for reading what you have say?

n_KA, the reason why your fellow pirates are so upset is because the behaviour of the people in that screen shot, intentional or not, were endangering the spoils of a much larger attack.

An attack against a fully defended port is nigh impossible to win currently. Had this port been defended -even lightly; 5 frigates substituting third rates would stack the odds heavily in favour of the defender. In order to win, your fellow pirates had organized a grand fleet attacking another port, and that fleet paid heavily, not just the costs for buying flags but also losing chores of third rates in the diversion.

[bEARS] put the entire operation in danger, potentially wasting millions.

I hope the devs can put a mechanic in place like port battles being invite-only (flag carriers gets to pick) because this is too easy to abuse or get wrong by new players who just want to tag along.

In before the "fellow countrymen buys flag for enemy port then is afk to prevent PB abuse"

• Like 6

Sure, but that it's what i say. You are good éco is fine for you, but some player play 1 or 2 hour for 1 days, and never have money or eco of you. So Port Battle is not open for this player. Or you say what, we have the money, if player want to come we give the order! Is that...I was online when that have to be. And they are enter, everyone have crying, that you see in screen shoot, and they have go out. And i have say in chat, probably they have a bad english or around 15 years ago, and if player enter in battle and everyone call traitor ect, that make harassement.

When they joined we actually attempted to include them and work with them. They left immediately because they had NO intention to fight.

Ok for that, if effectivlly they have make that, is traitor, but i think they have make that because the word in the chat.

if a  solo pirate player want to engage in RVR PVP  KOTO clan  is more than willing to use them without even pay  to participate in that. everyone can go to nation TS and participate in the fun .Now if you want to grief 

and waste the millions that this guys spend thats not ok

I say just, i think is no griefing, more a mistake or bad understanding of the game for this player.

if a  solo pirate player want to engage in RVR PVP  KOTO clan  is more than willing to use them without even pay  to participate in that. everyone can go to nation TS and participate in the fun .Now if you want to grief 

and waste the millions that this guys spend thats not ok

Omg Messengers of Death are Koto.

Edited by n_Ka

Those who are defending this, imagine the following:

you purchase a conquest flag for a port. When your fleet arrives there, instead of a lot of enemy ships, you see 25 Cerberi of your own nation. As soon as you start the port battle, these 25 cerberi instantly click in, and then leave as the battle starts, instantly losing your the port battle with your own fleet sitting outside, unable to do anything about it.

This kind of stuff was among the top 5 issues of POBS. It needs to be dealt with.

Edited by Quineloe