Game-Labs Forum

[PVP2] Humble Opinions Concerning the Current Ideologies of the Pirate "Nation"

Frostben

after this comment... 

general feeling is... eulogy and those scrubby pirates... the "gentle nudge" will never happen.  we'll just set up outpost from mac to plymouth and mission jump you guys till the cows come home.

Its gonna be a great month for pirates.  You taking those ports back with the help of former scrubby pirates only ensured we want to stay, no more port battles... just missions... missions and ganks.  maybe we can "nudge" you into fighting the swiss or the dutch... then we'll just camp your port battles and pick you off with the opposing side.  ohhhh slammy... your gonna love taking our ports.  Not having them is freeing.

good luck covering the antilles with 10 guys but i admire the effort...

That's the spirit mate!

Poe... didnt i sink you the other day?

actually, the plan is to do nothing until you OMG guys get bored of the french and jump ship again.  When will that take... 2 weeks?  British next i assume?

Edited by Aydz

Cool, its about time you guys starting acting like Pirates. Now this attitude is more like it.

No no no no no no. That is the exact attitude that splintered the Pirate faction in the first place. REMEMBER the current ideologies of the pirates already in place. Maybe the SE coalition part no longer applies, but still we have not been given an actual guideline as to how to play the pirate faction besides the title of being a pirate. Should we nation build since we have been given territories and a capital , as well as the ability to capture other ports? Or should we instead abandon such pursuits and instead focus on practicing the act of piracy out of various free ports? Until there are solid guidelines or large amounts of progress in nation diplomacy, which will affect the pirate faction greatly, I don't believe it is at all appropriate for anyone to say "It's about time you started acting like Pirates."

we are either a nation in which case everything is fine or we are not a nation in which case several gameplay mechanics must be immediatly changed.

#1 Pirates can only have 10 ports.

#2 Pirates can not take new ports.

#3 Pirates port battle to "Raid" Ports

#4 PBs for pirate ports cause them to lose there ports for a limited time only.

#5 Pirates may enter neutral ports.

#6 Nationals that kill pirates should recieve money as if getting paid for a bounty when killing pirates.

Lets say you are a pirate and you and your buddies decide to start a port battle. If they win they gain the port for 1 week after which the port reverts to a neutral town. During this time pirates can do missions from there for an increased reward of cash. Everyone who participates in the PB will get more money then a national would normally. The nationals would recieve similar rewards for attacking pirate ports. This will allow the pirates to be different but still balanced.

we are either a nation in which case everything is fine or we are not a nation in which case several gameplay mechanics must be immediatly changed.

#1 Pirates can only have 10 ports.

#2 Pirates can not take new ports.

#3 Pirates port battle to "Raid" Ports

#4 PBs for pirate ports cause them to lose there ports for a limited time only.

#5 Pirates may enter neutral ports.

#6 Nationals that kill pirates should recieve money as if getting paid for a bounty when killing pirates.

Lets say you are a pirate and you and your buddies decide to start a port battle. If they win they gain the port for 1 week after which the port reverts to a neutral town. During this time pirates can do missions from there for an increased reward of cash. Everyone who participates in the PB will get more money then a national would normally. The nationals would recieve similar rewards for attacking pirate ports. This will allow the pirates to be different but still balanced.

this didn't seem to post the first time.

No no no no no no. That is the exact attitude that splintered the Pirate faction in the first place. REMEMBER the current ideologies of the pirates already in place. Maybe the SE coalition part no longer applies, but still we have not been given an actual guideline as to how to play the pirate faction besides the title of being a pirate. Should we nation build since we have been given territories and a capital , as well as the ability to capture other ports? Or should we instead abandon such pursuits and instead focus on practicing the act of piracy out of various free ports? Until there are solid guidelines or large amounts of progress in nation diplomacy, which will affect the pirate faction greatly, I don't believe it is at all appropriate for anyone to say "It's about time you started acting like Pirates."

well wether you like it or not you are going have to learn how to survive out of freeports within then next few days....

well wether you like it or not you are going have to learn how to survive out of freeports within then next few days....

I have no qualms about that. But whether you call that acting like pirates or not is a whole different matter.

after this comment...

general feeling is... eulogy and those scrubby pirates... the "gentle nudge" will never happen. we'll just set up outpost from mac to plymouth and mission jump you guys till the cows come home.

Its gonna be a great month for pirates. You taking those ports back with the help of former scrubby pirates only ensured we want to stay, no more port battles... just missions... missions and ganks. maybe we can "nudge" you into fighting the swiss or the dutch... then we'll just camp your port battles and pick you off with the opposing side. ohhhh slammy... your gonna love taking our ports. Not having them is freeing.

Missions? What are those? They part of pvp?

Aves simply was the farthest pirate city from Mortimer. The guys that founded CF are Eve players and had that nullsec mentality of getting away from the noob zone. All the noobs followed so we kinda failed, lol.

as an EVE player, this is dang gomit, lies... vomit stricken noob filled lies.

Truth is these pirate faction players... went off... chopped out a piece of noobery from the french... other clans went FURTHER SOUTH, the fighting went further south, and these scrubby former piratates followed. 

Nothing more, nothing less... literally... they sat there thinking... "why no pvp" and switched sides.

French took them in, and then they (totally and completly) outnumbered the pirates.

These OMG players literally are bored.  They cant fight the brits or the french, the prey on less skill and less numbers to win.  The french got nothing in this deal but ships and bodies.  Eulogy went down the first time they pvp'd with pirates in an even fight... the rest of them sank as well.... when they tied the knot with purge and outnumbered us... that was it.

Scrub on my scrubs... you earned it.  I hope you see nothing in PVP but empty port fights for MONTHS.  Cause thats the only thing you OMG players can manage.

as an EVE player, this is dang gomit, lies... vomit stricken noob filled lies.

Truth is these pirate faction players... went off... chopped out a piece of noobery from the french... other clans went FURTHER SOUTH, the fighting went further south, and these scrubby former piratates followed. 

Nothing more, nothing less... literally... they sat there thinking... "why no pvp" and switched sides.

French took them in, and then they (totally and completly) outnumbered the pirates.

These OMG players literally are bored.  They cant fight the brits or the french, the prey on less skill and less numbers to win.  The french got nothing in this deal but ships and bodies.  Eulogy went down the first time they pvp'd with pirates in an even fight... the rest of them sank as well.... when they tied the knot with purge and outnumbered us... that was it.

Scrub on my scrubs... you earned it.  I hope you see nothing in PVP but empty port fights for MONTHS.  Cause thats the only thing you OMG players can manage.

I don't know who you are but I know all these guys personally now and I was in the first 15 if not 10 guys to make the trip there so I know what the plan was and I contributed to it both in strategy, diplomacy and brawn. So stop telling me what our intentions were, you don't know jack obviously.

Aydze is Murphey Law, infamous only for his own poor skill set and second only to Margret Bonny when it comes to pvp based tourette's, were it me I wouldn't bother responding to the kid mate.

• Like 1

Im a pirate on pvp2 but dont know most of the posters exept poe ( we miss you poe) but as someone who reads both the chat in game and the forums i can say this, the pirates are a total fluster cuck.

I could say why and who but anyone who pays attention knows. I cant imagine there being any pirates left for long.

Ahoy captains !

I say we have 4th category. Pirates for hire. Or at least i am trying to make one.

So i really hope you wouldn't mind if i advertise a bit in here :)

We already have few contracts we are happy to fulfill  and we doing it well. Still need more pirates that thinks alike .

Yes we are a small group at the moment but we not getting involved in any politics or planned port battles and we sail where wind takes us until we get a contract.

So we have all tools in this game to play for pirates as a lot of players thinks they should. Just need a little push and gather them all together.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11501-no-tag-pvp1-eu-pirates/

EDIT: Didn't see its PvP2 but i guess it applies to all servers.

Edited by Toothless Jack

We had this same issue on PvP one. Briefly.

Speaking about change will never solve anything. It takes someone or a group of people to take a step towards that change.

If you need a hand from PvP 1 pirates let me know. We could always pay the Brits a visit on another server also.

I actually cried when I read this. 

I'll just post this here

0juRagP.jpg

Haha hilarious it's a pirate trade mark to be as offensive as possible. I actively choose to not get into spat matches and behave well and ended up having a somewhat balanced talk with a guy who started like that as i slowly blew his mast away.