Game-Labs Forum

[PVP1] Dutch independence movement crushed

Hugo van Grojt

To whomever it may concern:

It is with utter sadness that I, Hugo van Grojt, Ruler Supreme of the Hugo Republic must admit defeat at the hands of our malicious "leader" Capt Bubbles and his Danish henchmen today.

The citizens of the Hugo Republic engaged in a heroic campaign to break free of the chains and establish an independent colony in the North of the United Provinces and I must thank my citizens for their valiant efforts - and their often ultimate sacrifice.

After our initial success to establish an independent colony at Frederiksted with little resistance by the residing Danish governor and his tiny militia, our spirits were lifted. With little time to waste, the glorious armada of the Hugo Republic quickly moved on to secure the settlements of Amalienburg and Coral Bay, securing a prosperous future for our people - or so we thought.

But then, disaster struck. Our plans had long been revealed by traitors within our own ranks! Our overlord and "leader" Capt Bubbles had been informed of our plans to seek freedom and prosperity in the North! And while the forces of the Hugo Republic thought themselves unopposed at Frederiksted by the presumably weakened Danish military that had exhausted its strength in the war with Sweden and France - a grand armada had been assembled by the devious Dutch and Danish dogs to deliver a swift and devastating strike at our young and struggling colony a mere day later.

It was a bloody and viscous battle. A battle that our struggling colony was not prepared to fight. So, it saddens me to admit that I sounded the retreat. Not out of cowardice, but to spare the lives of our citizens, to fight another day.

The sacrifices will not be forgotten, tales of the short-lived independent Hugo Republic will be told in taverns from Cartagena to St. George - and our strength will return. One day.

Until then, we shall return to serve under the yoke of Capt Bubbles and his BOAT people, to pay what is due, and to endure the laughter of his blinded subjects. But we have seen true freedom, not just the resemblance of it, and our struggle shall not stop here, this I solemly swear.

Hugo van Grojt

• Like 15

Lies and slander sir! Tis not we the treacherous company, tis you and your band of scallywags!

For your impudence to our glorious leader of Bubble Industries you shall be hunted, and the men who dare utter the very name "Hugo Republic" will find their tongues cut short!

• Like 4

Hi,

we couldnt allow this rebellion to prosper, as its low taxes, freedom of thought and other annoying "liberal"  ideas would eat away our position.

Im glad to have you back under my wings again, so i can keep a close eye on you and your despised independent thinkers.

As i look down on you lads while you are cleaning up my ship, i must warn you that the ships still doesnt shine as much as i've demanded.

Also you left some spots, like the French wine i just spilled (oops) a minute ago.

If this doesnt get resolved quickly to my satisfaction i'll order my boatswain to get his whip ready, seems like these rebels need some more motivation.

Oops, spilled some wine again, clean this up fast!

Grtzzz Bubbles

• Like 12

Yesterday, a Pirate under the name of Pagan Pete, came visiting me in Vieques. He had information regarding a newly established republic in the midst of our territory.
At first I could not belive him, but for the price he demanded for the proof, I knew something serious was up. It happens he has a ginger cabin boy, a boy that hales from dutch territory.

This cabinboy had also served under Hugo van Grojt. As the story goes I am given direct information that Hugo has been having indescretions with Mrs. Herminator in Fredriksted, while I was helping Capt.Bubbles making peace in the East.
At first I did not belive him, but when he could give me details about a certain mole, placed high up on Mrs Herminators legs, almost at the top I might add! All doubt fell away.

We quickly gathered a small council of brave men to stop this madness. Luckily we managed to catch up with Hugo Van Grojt in Amalienborg after chasing him from Fredriksted, where he jumped out my bedroom window, to Coral Bay and finally catching up with him in Amalienborg, where some gentle men in white coats brought him safely home to Capt.Bubbles and company.

I really want to thank Capt.Bubbles for taking his effort to send people capable of handling his special needs and bringing him back south to dutch waters.
I sincerely hope he stays there for all future.

Best regards

Herminator

EDIT: Now I really need to spend some time with Mrs Herminator.

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 10

Lies and slander Sir!

It is just too befitting that you turn a noble quest for independence and freedom into a tale of a skirt chasing maniac. If there was any truth in your story Mr. Herminator, your spy would have informed you that Hugo van Grojt prefers the company of powder monkeys over mole-infested country wenches such as you know who I am talking about.

But I digress...

Let it be know that we knew that these accusations and personal attacks - from the Danish dogs no less - were coming and we bite our thumb at thee!

Hugo van Grojt

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 1

Might this rebellion have something to do with the strange cutterfleet that was spotted attacking the grand Dutch fleet recently in the danish waters? It is said that the strange fleet of mindless cutters had the unnatural tendency to pick an underdog-fight against a certain admiral by the name Bubbles...

• Like 1

Word has reached La Tortue of a exceptional vessel type, flying the banner of a certain branded H.Company that was full of half starving people forced to carve fittings and braid cordage with false hemp.

The decisive actions taken by the High command, for the Republic, did save those poor colonists, driven away from their homes with promises of riches and profit, from true exploitation.

Some of them were ferried to La Tortue and promptly joined privateer crews.

I bet those cutters were build by Hugo Republic Shipyard, go go freedom fighters!

I myself saw through lies of our 'leader', and declare unofficially my support to Hugo Republics noble quest for independence

Now that you mention it, I am missing quite a few Danish Flags I had readied for our clan's nation change ...