Game-Labs Forum

Sucessful Talks between Danish-Norway and Sweden

Meraun

btw frenches and dutch had make far better agreement, as i just read from another thread. They will perform PB during this peace with ports given back.

Well the swedes wanted 2 ports so they actually could do PB, but the danish refused on that point.

So if you want to go and tell somebody that you're upset about that turn to your kin :)

Reki, I am really sorry that not all feel content with the deal struck. However you claim to be democratic, and as one that took part in the negotiations, the number of clans that voted for this treaty was overwhelming. So how can it then be that your clan disapproves, by voting within your own clan, and inflicting that descission to be forced upon the rest of us. That is absolutely not democratic at all.

In VIE we had only 1 of 180members that had any opposition to the agreement, and he left the clan for LG.

Edited by Herminator

So the Danish/Russian overlords are going to let Sweden 're-build the nation'? Allow her a few ports?

Is that what a nation is? A handful of ports granted by your oppressors?

Knowing that your freedom will be snuffed out again if you dare to get off your knees?

No

And to that end I will seek permission from my admiralty to come and stand with our Swedish allies. If I can't get into port I will log off at sea

Vive la Resistance!

• Like 1

I've already had a discussion with herminator on teamspeak on learning of this agreement (after the fact)

some points to make as i did with herminator directly

1: not all clans were involved in the process

2: democracy is a nice word. but there is also a term known as the tyranny of the majority. True democracy requires  true representation of the minority. 

3: this agreement , the port battles that led to it, and the clans involved in it primarily and dominantly play in the western EU/US timezones. There are other timezones, namely the lower population Pacific. Pvp in this tz is hard to come by and sporadic. Abiding by agreements that effectively limit PVP options in the pacific timezone only hurts that timezones content and thus wont be abided by. 

4: as puchu notes, there are no game mechanics to allow or enforce these agreements. they will be messy. It is definitely worth reminding all those in the Dane/Nord and Swede nations that the agreements really only therefore apply between the clans that voluntarily made them. They do NOT apply to the nation as a whole.

• Like 1

Honestly i doubt that this "agreement" will hold long.

Maybe this agreement would have been better, if the people that decided the rules didnt kill nearly all PvP. And please dont tell me there is OpenPvP in NA. As soon as you attack players within the range of Reinforcments, they call it and run. Thats no PvP, thats a big joke. If people dont want to fight against others they may should go to a PvE Server.

Also our beloved Traders...so you want to make profit without risk? Thats what this "no trader attack" point is all about.

• Like 1

Yesterday evening I spent some time down at plymouth, attacking AI fleets with the swedes, most honoured the peace and friendly banter was plenty; no agression was given towards swedes or danes as far as I could tell, and certainly not by me. However, at around 21:00 I sailed my surprise towards the North north west of plymouth, in order to head back towards Christiansted, only to have a frigate from HRE and some unclanned fella in a surprise attack me, though this is supposedly no violation of the peace, it certainly sits wrong with me, especially so as I had settled on leaving swedes in peace. As a result of this battle, and my surprise sinking, I am now determined to forsake all parts of this treaty, I will not honour as much as a word, I will harrass, delay and attack swedes, wherever and whenever I see the oppertunity, and further I urge all other danes and norwegians to do the same. 

Furthermore the treaty in itself is in the wrong, the scales are uneven, and delivers vastly more back to the swedes than it secures for the danish norwegian empire. Where is the logic, in allowing them back that many ports? Where is the sense in letting the capitulated and defeated dictate terms? For the very life of me I cannot see any sound judgement behind all of this, the danish "diplomats",- And I use the term loosely, should at the very least have made certain to keep all the settlements on the stretch between Baai and Plymouth.

While I realize that the big clans are behind all of this, and me- As a Kaptajn without a clan have "little" to say, I dare proclaim that if I, and all others likeminded proceed to once more resume the disruption against the swedes, the peace will not last for long, and further- As things are at present time, I can assure you all that such is my exact intentions.

• Like 1

If you are lucky, you can farm Ai fleets with swedes. Its not forbidden. But the risk to get gaked - especially if you are alone - in unsafe still conquered waters is much higher.

If you want to keep your ship, stay out of our homeland, come in a trding ship, or come as group!

Yes, please come as group.  B)

Edited by KanoFu

If you are lucky, you can farm Ai fleets with swedes. Its not forbidden. But the risk to get gaked - especially if you are alone - in unsafe still conquered waters is much higher.

If you want to keep your ship, stay out of our homeland, come in a trding ship, or come as group!

Yes, please come as group.  B)

I'll gladly come as a group, but as said, I am no longer sparing any swede I have the chance to take, from cutters to constitutions, on mission or doing trade- Neither will have any quarters from me.

I'll gladly come as a group, but as said, I am no longer sparing any swede I have the chance to take, from cutters to constitutions, on mission or doing trade- Neither will have any quarters from me.

Fair enough imho.

You are free to do so, if you are not in a clan that was part of the treaty. 

Sweden has been beaten, the fleets/clans doing the steamrolling made this peace to give the Swedish clans the chance of rebuilding which I think is fair. 

We won this war, but we must be gentlemen and honor the opposition with a treaty, which we did. 

Edited by E.P. Juel

You are free to do so, if you are not in a clan that was part of the treaty. 

Sweden has been beaten, the fleets/clans doing the steamrolling made this peace to give the Swedish clans the chance of rebuilding which I think is fair. 

We won this war, but we must be gentlemen and honor the opposition with a treaty, which we did. 

I agree completely with handing back some territories, it is neither fun for them or us, when sweden only has one city, but there's certainly a difference between allowing them a chance to rebuild, and handing back most of thhe ports, I firmly believe that to hand back the stretch between plymouth and Baai, to be a big mistake.

I often read it's the Devs job to change the mechanics, which is true to some point that they shouldn't be abusable or gamebreaking.

But Naval Action gets advertised as an Sandbox game. If the Clans on PvP One decide to transfer it into a sailing regatta game where tagging in the OW is a tactic to slow down your opponents thats fine. It's not the Devs job to add a timer and a finish line then. What im trying to say: The Players decide how they play a game, and while it might not be what the Devs initially thougt it would be, it doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

EDIT: Also, im taking registration for that sailing regatta thing now. It needs to happen.

Edited by Havelock
  • Like 2

FYI there's significant amount of players in Denmark-Norway unsatisfied with this agreement so it may become not working just from the start.

same in Sweden...there are a few players not ok with this agreement, we would rather stay with one port instead of getting the other ports gifted back. And after i see the reaction of kirefla91 up their, i doubt that this "agreement" will last long.

Because it looks like, people think they can sail now in peace even through hostile territory without getting attacked at all.

It came to my attention yesterday that some dutch clan representatives seem to be under the dilution that the danish-swedish agreement of "no port attacks" extends to these two nations respective allies. That is most deffinitely not the case.

Denmark-Norway is free to wage unrestricted war on Swedens ally Great Brittain and Sweden is free to wage unrestricted warfare on Denmarks ally, the Dutch.

Edited by Tretton
  • Like 1

It came to my attention yesterday that some dutch clan representatives seem to be under the dilution that the danish-swedish agreement of "no port battles" extends to these nations respective allies. That is most deffinitely not the case.

Denmark-Norway is free to wage unrestricted war on Swedens ally Great Brittain and Sweden is free to wage unrestricted warfare on Denmarks ally, the Dutch.

And Denmark is free to reduce you guys back to 1 port, so have fun!

And Denmark is free to reduce you guys back to 1 port, so have fun!

You sir, seem to be missinformed. The agreement betwene Sweden and Denmark-Norway clearly states "no port attacks".

Edited by Tretton
  • Like 1

You have spoken to the Danish about this i hope for your nations sake.

Cause this what you are doing looks like deliberate attempts to break the treaties in the east.

And most important it is quite rude to craft a flag and then you don't even show up.

• Like 1