Game-Labs Forum

Americans (PvP1)

Vernon Merrill

Captains of the American nation.

You may have noticed that in the last week or so, the black hordes have stepped up their attacks on the U.S. mainland. You may have also noted with alarm the spreading of black dots on the map in the Bahamas. Make no mistake, the Pirate nation outnumbers us and WILL bring the fight to our shores.

I implore every strong-willed American to focus your attention to helping drive this menace from our doorstep. The time for AI grinding is over! Small vessels are no longer an excuse to shirk your primary duty, which on the EU 1 server is NOT to accumulate wealth, but to provide peace through strength. NOW is the time to show that strength.

There are many things you can do to help stop the advance of the black hordes. First, you could look into joining a clan. Despite rumors to the contrary, you will NOT be forced to act as a slave, bowing to imaginary masters. Instead, it will help you by becoming part of an ORGANIZED resistance. When there are no imminent dangers, you are free to focus on rank and monetary endeavors. However, when your nation needs you, you will be part of TEAM that allows you to efficiently blunt the savages on our doorstep. You will have access to the latest intelligence and plans/strategies to keep our home waters safe. Secondly, if you are not inclined to become part of a bigger team, I would advocate traveling in groups at all times. It's very easy to find a travel partner by clicking on his vessel and inviting him to group up. Since we becoming more and more outnumbered, we cannot allow ourselves to be caught alone and unawares at sea.

I fully understand the American spirit of rugged individuality and can respect all who choose their own path. However, NOW is the time to come together and unite in the struggle that is about to come. You all know who the major players are in the faction, and if you are new, you soon will. Please start a dialog with players you see often in chat and can help you advance your naval career. NOW is the time to start making DOUBLE XP and gold by fighting the horde as opposed to farming AI. I can tell you, as a relatively new player, you will learn TWO things very quickly when you switch to fighting actual players. One, you will easily make enough gold to replace your ship by the time you have exhausted your 5 duras. Two, you will quickly find that many human opponents are nowhere near as good as the AI you have been fighting.

It's time to move away from the coasts, brothers! Otherwise, we will soon find ourselves in the sane sad state of affairs as the Dons.

I REGRET THAT I HAVE BUT 5 DURAS TO GIVE FOR MY COUNTRY!!!

• Like 16

One might think that riches and progression in rank are isolated to those who run missions, interdicting small vessels off of our shores, but one would be mistaken.  Mr. Merrill has the right of it!  Defending the poor people of the Bahamas, and indeed our own countrymen on the East Coast is of imperative importance, and in that defense I believe every Captain would be quite pleased with his opportunities for wealth and advancement in rank.  The Pirates are strong, but if we hammer them again and again, I firmly believe that we can reduce them to a heap of squabbling, infighting rubble.  Set sail to the south and join the fight!

Free trade and sailors' rights!

• Like 5

Good post. 

I would like to add few important words,

American nation did a big push and captured many ports when NA released. Unfortunately nation was chasing mods, gold, xp and ship Notes rather than expanding their boarders and fortifying captured ports with warships. We got many ports, but we are loosing them. For example we captured ports and next day they were empty, no one stored their combat ready ships there. Why? because we did not developed this habit yet. Take a look at British forces, they always move their fleet to capped ports and secure new territory. They are building heavy wall that soon you won't be able to penetrate. Once again, why risk fighting for ports when captured ports don't get defense and later given away to enemies without a fight. So, whoever is leading US nation and planing port attacks please 1st thing you have to do is to make sure when you cap a port you fortify it and store US fleet in case of counter attack. Remember - Ports that are next to enemy ports are our front lines and require heavy US warship presence. 

West End area must be retaken at any cost and US needs to fortify that area against Pirates with shallow water fleet. 

Key West area needs more warships.

The rest of US coast will need to build up quick light fleets in case of surprised attacks, 

I wish all captains luck and courage, you will need it. Big war is starting and we will be fighting not one, but multiple aggressors. 

Wind Element

(Seek and Destroy).

• Like 3

If the leaders of any smaller US clans are reading this thread, get in contact with the TDA/TF clan group (includes quite a few clans, not just TDA/TF) to help organize our efforts.

Wow, good thing the U.S. decided to spend so many weeks taking over Cuba and Yucatan. I'm sure you are glad to have the ancient Mayan cursed superweapons you looted there. That was the goal of that whole strategy, right?

Are the Spanish not a NPC nation? By the way they fight, I thought that they were supposed to be trash mobs that actual players cut their teeth on before fighting harder AI and players.

Edited by InfiniteAmount

Dear Murica,

One day you will get strengh \o/

Maybe then we can have a challenge good sirs.

Till the day you catch me along your shores, I wish you well.

Yours faithfully,

Lord Protector ofFrozen Cay and captain of The Gherkin Pickel - Salzi

PS give me a bounty. 

• Like 6

Good post. 

I would like to add few important words,

American nation did a big push and captured many ports when NA released. Unfortunately nation was chasing mods, gold, xp and ship Notes rather than expanding their boarders and fortifying captured ports with warships. We got many ports, but we are loosing them. For example we captured ports and next day they were empty, no one stored their combat ready ships there. Why? because we did not developed this habit yet. Take a look at British forces, they always move their fleet to capped ports and secure new territory. They are building heavy wall that soon you won't be able to penetrate. Once again, why risk fighting for ports when captured ports don't get defense and later given away to enemies without a fight. So, whoever is leading US nation and planing port attacks please 1st thing you have to do is to make sure when you cap a port you fortify it and store US fleet in case of counter attack. Remember - Ports that are next to enemy ports are our front lines and require heavy US warship presence. 

West End area must be retaken at any cost and US needs to fortify that area against Pirates with shallow water fleet. 

Key West area needs more warships.

The rest of US coast will need to build up quick light fleets in case of surprised attacks, 

I wish all captains luck and courage, you will need it. Big war is starting and we will be fighting not one, but multiple aggressors. 

Wind Element

(Seek and Destroy).

As much as it pains me to say it, I expect raids and losses near the U.S capital in the next 2 weeks if not sooner.

The Spanish tried to send a raiding force north along the Florida coast early last evening. When confronted, as is the usual case with the Dons, they displayed their nautical skills in finding the correct point of sail to flee from the area as quickly as possible.

Edited by GrapeShot

Yarrr all of the above be lies. The yanky states look only to futher your oppression through a "united" cause. The only real freedom lies under the black where a man and women is to do what thy will and plunder their former slave masters with whatever force they can bring to bare.

Join us for a rum at the Mortimer Arms and leave your arrogant oppressors views at the door.

"do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

• Like 3

Now we just need to find a role in the greater defense for the players who are on only a couple hours a day and often not the right time for port battles.

Stay in free ports along the lines of advance of a warring nation, example: the pirates are advancing in the bahamas, freeport in the Bahamas, and gank anyone you can beat, and report anyone you can't. If enough people hang out on the fringes it'll act well as a sentry.

• Like 1

Wow, good thing the U.S. decided to spend so many weeks taking over Cuba and Yucatan. I'm sure you are glad to have the ancient Mayan cursed superweapons you looted there. That was the goal of that whole strategy, right?

It wasn't inspiring watching the various US groups attacking unnecessarily in Mexico/Yucatan, hastening a confrontation with the British while simultaneously losing our holdings in the Bahamas and Cuba. So now the master strategim is in place, and we lost most of Cuba and the Bahama's and are fighting a war on two fronts. 

Our raiding force will continue to operate near the Bahama's as we have for weeks until the fleets decide they have some interest in holding territory.

• Like 1

Southern Florida can be approached from 2 directions, so multiple fronts down there are inevitable.

The Bahamas and Keys/Northern Cuba will always be flashpoints, but don't underestimmate the value of clearing the Gulf of French & pirates.

Look at the water instead of the land. The Yucatan and Florida straits, as well as the further away Windward passage are all of concern to us. The Florida Straits are the key, but presence in one or the other is our version of them raiding up our coast.

And yes, Little Isaacs is our version of Sundburry -- a thorn in their side astride transit routes.

If any smaller US clans are reading this take up the black and attack your former oppressors of TDA and TF. Yarrr

Do you think they will run to Pirates just because they feel unsafe? I don't think so. We like challenge unlike Spanish girls who ran to you. 

• Like 1

Do you think they will run to Pirates just because they feel unsafe? I don't think so. We like challenge unlike Spanish girls who ran to you. 

NO one likes the task masters whip....go back to your cotton plantation..The Freedom of the Black Flag shall soon reign!!

• Like 1

Yarrr i could'nt care less if you take all the black spots on the map i sail wherever the wind takes me and the trade is plentiful. Others need know the time of the sheep is over and freedom exists outside of the shackles of convention yarrr.