Game-Labs Forum

Slamz Notoriety

Lefort

Long story short he will be remembered in the history books as the man who went YOLO against the pirate nation, which is about 15x his size and mostly fought that war with reddit and forum posts. In the end, the pirates are at war with Slamz, not France, and this weekend their capital will be a lonely dot in a sea of black.

I bet all his fellow nation members are real proud of him and his accomplishments. I have genuine pity for the new players rolling France right now, I would not want to be in their place. Sorry "most of France", the nuke wasn't meant for you, but you know, collateral....

Long story short he will be remembered in the history books as the man who went YOLO against the pirate nation, which is about 15x his size and mostly fought that war with reddit and forum posts. In the end, the pirates are at war with Slamz, not France, and this weekend their capital will be a lonely dot in a sea of black.

I bet all his fellow nation members are real proud of him and his accomplishments. I have genuine pity for the new players rolling France right now, I would not want to be in their place. Sorry "most of France", the nuke wasn't meant for you, but you know, collateral....

You continue to think the ports matter. I'm curious as to why?

Answer this question for yourself. Your about to go to war with an entity x15 your size. In a game where a Zerg can all but guarantee the loss of most likely all your ports. This is obvious day one. Wouldn't this be the first problem any intelligent group in this situation would have solved?

All you accomplished by taking all the dots was destroying France for new players that don't even know who Slamz is. We've picked up 3 players this week that converted from other teams for the non-stop pvp France has to offer. But yes, we won't get any newbies that want to PVE and mission run. They'll go pirate because they own all the dots and easy mode. Actually? Scratch that. They probably won't go pirate. Your newb zone is as messed up as ours.

Edited by Bach

In the end, the pirates are at war with Slamz, not France, and this weekend their capital will be a lonely dot in a sea of black.

As usual the Pirates get it wrong. Slamz speaks for Purge not himself. Everything Slamz says and does is on behalf of Purge. He is the Purge mouth piece, even on the forums.

I for one and many other French are very proud of Slamz. In the long run this has been very good for the French soul. The players we will have will have when the map re-sets are some real PVP players. If you want hard core PVP France is the faction to play.

We take in our new French players baptize them in the ways of how to play this game as guerilla's. If they are only interested in PVE and making gold they are not people France wants so we encourage them to play for the Pirates.

The Pirates just don't grasp what we are about. The players that join the French team are typically hard core PVP guys who have played some serious PVP games for years. They are savy, blood thirsty and relish the chance to fight the kind of people that are bad for PVP (PVE types).

France isn't running in the face of a Zerg so the new people joining France are hard core guys that understand the score and love it. The Pirates ran from the Bahamas so you get "those" kind of players.

I must admit I'm impressed by your courage and determination France, kudos to that. Perdenales is perfect training grounds for all of us I guess!

A training you could have learned in the Bahamas. Come on down Brucy. We'll sure to post the results of each Pedernales defense. Vive la resistance!

• Like 2

Pretty sure all the new french named pirates I'm seeing isn't a coincidence. It's one hell of a lot more than "3" new pvp French converts.

Additionally all your fighting in the south at Perdenales is the younger less organized pirate groups. Whom seriously lack a good fleet commander. CF/I/OMG don't really have a reason to come take it from you. In the mean time we'll just take your rare resource production ports that apparently aren't being used by the French.

Thank you french! I was in dire need of more Iron, Oak and Hemp.

If you want to know where a big part of that notoriety is coming from, look at Slamz's post history.  If that's too much trouble just read the PVP2 Vive La France thread.  Really just the first page of that thread will tell you all you need to know.

Oh, and how could I forget?  Read the US PVP2 - Bounty on PURGE SLAMZ thread on Reddit.

• Like 1

Me and Slamz are lovers.

I mean he doesn't know it, and hasn't actually there for it, but you can rest assured its happening.

Oh yaa... Mmm... French girls.

Well, honestly the real french girls are still in France. "The little Corporal" is doing so well that the Antilles isnt that big of a deal. So, us French captains are doing our part, sinking as much as we can, and rotate home after a few Pedernales defenses were we are greated as heros standing up to the foul mouth breathing pirates. Ahh, Paris. Much better there than these diseased islands. Such is the life of a French captain.

Pretty sure all the new french named pirates I'm seeing isn't a coincidence. It's one hell of a lot more than "3" new pvp French converts.

Additionally all your fighting in the south at Perdenales is the younger less organized pirate groups. Whom seriously lack a good fleet commander. CF/I/OMG don't really have a reason to come take it from you. In the mean time we'll just take your rare resource production ports that apparently aren't being used by the French.

Thank you french! I was in dire need of more Iron, Oak and Hemp.

Enjoy your PvE and insulting your teammates. Gaining some more respect for them. Just a little.

Edited by Dharus

I must admit I'm impressed by your courage and determination France, kudos to that. Perdenales is perfect training grounds for all of us I guess!

Brucy,

Shred that black flag and come join us. I promise you, right now no one is having more fun playing this game then the French. You wouldn't know it by looking at the map but this is about as fun as it gets.

In the mean time we'll just take your rare resource production ports that apparently aren't being used by the French.

You are correct we weren't using it. We already set up a supply chain that assumed we had no ports down here so we stopped using the local resources some time ago.

Brucy,

Shred that black flag and come join us. I promise you, right now no one is having more fun playing this game then the French. You wouldn't know it by looking at the map but this is about as fun as it gets.

Heck that might work.. 10 of us could switch, get in the next port defense for Perdenales and just sit there laughing as it is taken.

Might put a little pressure on the devs to removr that silly nation change mechanic that only makes the zergs worse.

Heck that might work.. 10 of us could switch, get in the next port defense for Perdenales and just sit there laughing as it is taken.

Might put a little pressure on the devs to removr that silly nation change mechanic that only makes the zergs worse.

We actually discussed this possibility already and some of us are surprised it hasn't been tried yet.  In the end all it would prove is we won.

Me and Slamz are lovers.

I mean he doesn't know it, and hasn't actually there for it, but you can rest assured its happening.

Oh yaa... Mmm... French girls.

I heard this Slamz guy was secretly dating Kim Kardashian. But you know celebrity rumors. <shrug>

I think they will remove it when the game goes live. But during an alpha it may be a warranted feature.