Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] Vive La France

Slamz

I just want to say, France on PvP2 has had an impressive few days with a couple of noteworthy events I think everyone will be amused by. Well, almost everyone.

As some may have discerned, the Pirates moved in, easily swiping everything north of Fort-Royal island itself, with France simply not being able to muster enough force to do anything about it. We didn't have the levels or numbers to do much but watch. We tried to setup a newbie/leveling retreat in the south, where fleets are lower level than the rest of the Antilles, only to run up against a British squad competing for what little we had, and then more pirates.

Saturday the Pirates tried to capture Kingstown -- one of the few French iron producing ports. Pirates need iron. Well, we need it too and we sent everything we had to defend it. Women and children were given a Cerberus and told to do their duty and die with dignity in the defense of the country.

And they actually won. Against 22 pirates! 22! In a deep water battle! I'm sure that's small beans for countries like the U.S. but France generally just sees 22 heavy pirates and knows they can do nothing about it. But this day we actually prevailed, saved the port and sunk a bunch of pirates. When my guild arrived, I assumed it would be to a desperate and fearful defense wherein we just try and help the towers sink unstoppable pirates and hope we can at least make a show of it but instead there ended up being 19 actual French players in heavy ships and we won.

Later the pirates launched a flag for Naparima, an undefended Spanish port in that bay area of South America. We desperately wanted them to not have that because it would give them a base to quickly launch flag attacks for our whole southern area, which we had hoped to take over (neither the Dutch not the Spanish were actually there, so it was mostly empty ports).

We mustered the troops and went to fight the pirate fleet in the open sea, man to man, doing manly things like firing cannons at each other even while probably being outnumbered because this is usually the case.

Instead of fighting us, the cowardly pirates launched a flag attack against La Trinite, on the same little island as our starting capital. Given that threat, most of the French ran back north to defend that -- an attack which never came. A diversion. A feint so that pirates could take an empty port without having to actually fight anyone.

My guild stayed south to try and gank the flag carrier, in case maybe La Trinite was real but some token force was going to try Naparima anyway, but he arrived with a huge fleet. Which we tried to tackle anyway but they clumped up and BR differences wouldn't let us fight them. The pirates actually created a diversion and then clumped up in order to avoid having to fight the French.

Shameful display.

So they got their undefended port without having to engage in any dirty PvP. Apparently this is so popular with pirates these days that a bunch of them moved down, presumably to engage in more empty port battles and non-fighting against weaker enemies.

The next day, as we feared, the pirates went to attack our ports in the area. The Dutch launched an attack against Galdona -- a minor port of little consequence a bit to the west of this area. We were mustering to defend it (mainly out of curiosity as we had literally never seen the Dutch) when the pirates launched two simultaneous attacks against Yaguarapar and Pedernales -- our only two ports in the bay area. They were hoping we were distracted with Galdona and would not fight them (notice a pattern forming here?)

We opted to drop everything and defend Pedernales, as it had the most strategic position of all the ports. There was but one problem: there were only about 8 French in the whole area to stop an attack by about 20 pirates.

Again we looked for the flag carrier, hoping to just attack him and at least delay the attack. The French were coming, but it's a long way and not many had outposts down there. We just had to stall the carrier for, uh, like half an hour? Well, you don't know until you try.

We ended up catching both flag carriers in a battle of about 8 French vs 20 pirates or so. Desperate to buy time, we rushed the Pedernales flag carrier. One Frenchman exploded with almost no warning in the middle of the pirate fleet, his magazine having been hit, totally wiping out two of pirates in the cataclysm. The rest of us charged forward, through the pirate fleet and towards the carrier, firing cannon left, right, front and back. The flag carrier had tried to stay back, run, retreat, but we fired at him with the forward chasers of our Snows and then we caught up to him and rammed him, shot him, rammed him some more, double-rammed him and ended up flipping him over, sending his flag to the bottom of the ocean. The other flag carrier surrendered. (We assume he thought that would let him out of the battle with his flag but that is apparently not how it works. "Surrender" just means you are tired of fighting and would like to take your death now, so he lost his flag too.)

We reckoned this was a little bit like desperately parachuting into World War 2 era Germany, to blow up a bridge and slow the advance of the Panzer blitz, only to end up landing on Hitler and killing him.

So that's one deep water attack that actually got beat by force, one throwaway feint attack and two drowned flags, all to fight an outnumbered, outleveled and outgunned team of dubious morale*.

I know! This probably isn't going to last. We were struggling to deal with some upstart Brits who turned up in our backyard and now we have a force of Pirates that's at least twice as big as those Brits. More pirates are coming down and they are leveling up in the bay and eyeballing more sources of iron, so that they can attack the Dutch, who is probably the one team smaller than France. It's looking grim.

But the last couple of nights have seen some Big Damn Hero moments for the French team.

Vive la France.

(*- not surprisingly, morale is much higher after the last couple of days)

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 7

Lol you guys make me giggle. Good propaganda post anyway. Since it's an after action report. I feel as if i can comment.

Kingstown was a last minute decision and lacked a lot of our best fighters and no picket force. It also had a green Fleet Commander (FC). A lot of fun fighting occur'd so my hats off to the French as the battle was well fought. Though 18E was terrible and sank quickly despite the larger ships; which is typical of them. PURGE represented the French well.

For Naprima you were outmaneuvered completely. Accept it and move on.

For the 2 shallow port battles. One flag DC'd (bad flag carrier ISP) and the explosion was a nice touch to get into the pirate fleet. I wasn't there but the after action report was hilarious. Thanks for the Lawls.

Out of cuiosity what do you expect us to do as pirates? No nation is going against the US to help split fleets. We're in between the US which appears to have approx 60+% of the entire playerbase, Spain and Britain. Spain has moved South to get away from the US and Britain has a truce with the US. Along with the largest pirate clan o4v leaving pirates and joining the US they are able to zerg western Florida (although the few battles were fun there we can't do 8 vs 40-50+) and zerg the Bahamas at the same time. The only logical thing for us to do is leave to somewhere we can actually achieve something rather than lose 7 ports per day to the US.

Not complaining at all, those are simply the facts. We tried to hold out in western Florida for some good pvp and there were a couple of really fun outnumbered battles with SOL but it's a numbers game unfortunately.

Really liking reading all these action reports though, great stuff.

Out of cuiosity what do you expect us to do as pirates?

Mainly create chaos.

Admittedly the current game setup doesn't really encourage that so they are basically playing as a homesteading nation, setting up a safe zone far away from the fight, but you have to admit it does not feel very piratey. Basically the most piratey thing they are doing is making enemies of literally everyone on the map, but "make everyone into enemies" + "forced to play as a nation" is not going to be a good combo for them in the long run.

If the Pirates engage in an all-out war with France, it might be interesting to see who gets crushed first: France, because the Pirates kill us, or the Pirates, because one more dedicated enemy turned out to be not what they needed as a national team.

• Like 1

Lol you guys make me giggle. Good propaganda post anyway. Since it's an after action report. I feel as if i can comment.

Kingstown was a last minute decision and lacked a lot of our best fighters and no picket force. It also had a green Fleet Commander (FC). A lot of fun fighting occur'd so my hats off to the French as the battle was well fought. Though 18E was terrible and sank quickly despite the larger ships; which is typical of them. PURGE represented the French well.

For Naprima you were outmaneuvered completely. Accept it and move on.

For the 2 shallow port battles. One flag DC'd (bad flag carrier ISP) and the explosion was a nice touch to get into the pirate fleet. I wasn't there but the after action report was hilarious. Thanks for the Lawls.

Larger ships? You guys had an undermanned 3rd rate and two constitutions. Plus several frigates, a pirate frigate, and several Belle poules. Over 75% of 18E was in Cerberuses or Niagaras. Saying we didn't fight well isn't correct in my opinion. Most of our ships were still alive when you charged the third tower and around 1/2 of the 15 French survivors where 18E. Edited by Michel de Toulouse

@ Michel De Toulouse

I think you misinterpreted what i meant. 18E had the larger ships on the french side. Purge was mostly in cerbs. In total you were out gunned by the pirates by about 1/3. Due to mistakes by the pirates you carried the day. Like i said you fought well over all. Though we wont make the same mistakes in the future.

in the end half your fleet sank and slightly more than half of ours did. mostly due to an hour and a half of tower damage. It was fairly even at the end except for the 2 towers. 

@ Michel De Toulouse

I think you misinterpreted what i meant. 18E had the larger ships on the french side. Purge was mostly in cerbs. In total you were out gunned by the pirates by about 1/3. Due to mistakes by the pirates you carried the day. Like i said you fought well over all. Though we wont make the same mistakes in the future.

in the end half your fleet sank and slightly more than half of ours did. mostly due to an hour and a half of tower damage. It was fairly even at the end except for the 2 towers.

I see what you mean. Yeah our constitution player is still learning that ship. I know for at least 5 guys it was their first real port battle.

Edit spelling. Damn autocorrect

Edited by Michel de Toulouse

Hi Slamz,

Just curious how high is moral right now? Did you make this post before or after we pirates captured the regional capital and you guys spat on a proposed non-aggression pact while we dealt with the English? Or perhaps after we sunk you last night? While I do enjoy your fiction and it did give me a hearty chuckle, I would prefer if you didn't misrepresent us. Simply because your faction lacks the organization to make use of grand-strategy, doesn't mean that the use of such methods are cowardly or lacking in any way. To do so would also suggest that you view the British, Napoleon ( Would you look at that!), the Greeks and almost every other powerful nation throughout history as weak and cowardly.

In regards to the shallow port runs on Sunday, I must give you some props for managing to sink our first flag bearer. That was a mistake on our end and it has been analyzed and won't happen again. Our other flag bearer experienced a ISP blackout and was disconnected from the game, causing him to surrender instantly.

this is the sad truth about pirates on this server, they zerg lower level ships and use exploits to avoid actual PVP, complain and curse us in game and then move away to the antilles to attack low population nations.

In regards to your comment Lord Roberts:

It's clear that you have little knowledge of the situation in the south. Did you know that deep-water ports can only be captured by Cerberus and above? I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't consider those "low level' ships. Especially considering the fact that the French and British in the area can barely field any frigates. I do also enjoy your comment about exploits, rather funny if I do say so myself. The BR black is a game mechanic created by the developers to stop small ships from pulling significantly larger fleets, when they have no hope of winning. In my opinion it would be significantly worse if a single French player could pull an entire fleet of 30-40 Cerberus and above ships in an attempt to stop us from starting the port capture within the window set for Naprima. 

On the topic of Naprima, shall we talk about the attempted capture of Naprima by the British last night? While it was a valiant attempt to snuff out the only pirate port in the area, they chose a poor moment to attack. We pirates allowed you to enter the battle and approach the towers before we engaged you, a classic ambush as it were. However rather than fight to the "pirate scum" (A direct quote from an earlier engagement with the British, where they jumped an unarmed trade vessel without any provocation.) The British fleet turned and attempted to escape the defenders, who in turn ran down a large portion of their fleet and destroyed them. At which point the British rage-quit and logged off for the night. A poor choice as the Pirate target for the evening was the regional capital "Puerto D'espania" which at the time was under the control of the British at that moment, allowing us an easy victory.

Edited by They Call Me Mr. Tibbs
  • Like 1

Hi Slamz,

Just curious how high is moral right now? Did you make this post before or after we pirates captured the regional capital

We didn't own the regional capital. Never had any emotional investment in it. Are we talking about the same thing? Puerto de Espania? All you really accomplished was beating us to it, but it wasn't high on our priority list, which is why we didn't care when the Brits took it, either.

and you guys spat on a proposed non-aggression pact while we dealt with the English?

Let's recap events, because one of us is confused.

• Pirates invade French territory, first operating out of Camp du Roy, then taking over everything north of Fort-Royale. They talked a lot of smack and sank a lot of new French players and the French team didn't have the force to do anything about it, leading the pirates to talk even more smack about us. 
  • [FC] pirates start fighting mainly [PURGE] in the southern bay. I should note that at that time [PURGE] had literally 8 total members. [FC] could not deal with us and called for help. [CF], "I" and [sIN], that I can think of off the top of my head, rushed to the defense of their totally incompetent [FC] brethren who frankly should have been left to their own bad decisions. 
  • Smack talking pirates attack Kingstown for the iron. To everyone's surprise, the French team actually showed up to defend it. Pirates talk smack through the first 60 minutes of the fight, until it starts to look like they are probably not winning, at which time the smack talk seems to stop. 
  • Pirates capture undefended ports in the southern bay area, apparently patting themselves on the back for it. 
  • Pirates go after the only 2 French ports in the region -- two minor fir producing shallow water ports. With only 8 French to stop 20+ pirates, we end up bum rushing their flag carrier and sending him to the bottom while the other flag carrier coincidentally suffers an internet outage just as things are looking dicey. 
  • Pirates, who constantly remind us that they "don't care" and "don't take this seriously" and "it's just a game" summon a pirate council of guildleaders in Teamspeak to conduct a meeting about long term Pirate goals and negotiations with the French, only to come up with a plan that is basically "Pirates take the French ports, and French take the British ports" so basically win-win for you, all as a lead-in to attack the Dutch, who are to the west of this area and might have even fewer players than France.

Worst.

Pirates.

Ever.

I don't know what made me angrier, that your plans were so strategically stupid, that you thought we couldn't see through your stupid plans that only really benefit you, or that you are so bad at being pirates. Now you're down here in the literally the furthest corner of the map fighting the French for territory that doesn't really help you and mostly just forces you to burn your teleports and distract from your fight against the U.S. and Britain. Taking Haiti would have been the much smarter ploy but either you couldn't or you didn't think of it or you just have stupid ideas.

You've probably already stopped reading, but let me tell you what your plan should have actually been from the start:

"Dear France,

We pirates are facing a looming threat from superpowers like Britain and the U.S. They dominate this server and will surely crush us all if we do not start banding together against them. We need a strong ally. What can we do to help you become a strong ally and in exchange you might help us fight our enemies?

Love, Pirates."

"Dear Pirates,

We need a better newbie area and would like to claim the southeast corner of the map for this purpose. Please help us eliminate the British in this area and claim the ports down there. After that, we will be in a very good position to help you and we might even consider launching attacks on the U.S. from the Louisiana area, where we are already somewhat situated. We like fun attacks and that might be fun, once we are properly situated at home.

Love, France."

"Dear France,

We would love to help you claim your newbie zone. We will eliminate the British and then abandon our ports in that area, allowing you to take them. We look forward to seeing you grow and we will coordinate with you against the U.S. in the near future. Please send our love to the Dutch and tell them how we helped you. We want the Dutch as friends and perhaps they can also help us against the U.S. in the future. We will stay in touch.

Love, Pirates".

Would that have been so hard?

This is why I said, in that Teamspeak meeting, that your plans were stupid. The pirates have diplomatic skills reminiscent of a drunken Tasmanian devil. If France does relocate, it will only be to try and buddy up to the U.S. in the hopeful agreement that after we help them kill you, they will give us some nice ports back.

Maybe your ploy now will be to try and destroy the French in a personal rage against me, and frankly I hope you do, and I hope the U.S. powers are reading this and know that literally dozens of pirates are currently wasting their 10pm - midnight eastern time fighting France far, far away and it should be that much easier to steamroll the pirates everywhere else.

Let's race and see which of our teams gets wiped out first. How's that sound?

Or perhaps after we sunk you last night?

Oh brother. Let me tell you, in my long history of PvP games, if I have found one indicator of a noob, it is statements like this one right there. "Perhaps after we sunk you last night?" As if 1 PvP death in an evening was some ghastly tale of woe.

I don't even know how many times I died last night or how many people I sank. I'm a PvPer. I PvP. I sink, I get sunk.

If you're keeping a close tally of your PvP kills, you have clearly not killed many people. Let me tell you, remembering all those names gets tiresome after a while and eventually you get to be like me, and I rarely pay any attention to who I fight. Some [sIN] guy beat me 1v1 last night too, his Cerb vs my Mercury. I don't remember his name. It was a good fight but it was one of many and it's not like I write these things down.

Some day when you become a real PvPer you'll understand.

On the topic of Naprima, shall we talk about the attempted capture of Naprima by the British last night? While it was a valiant attempt to snuff out the only pirate port in the area, they chose a poor moment to attack. We pirates allowed you to enter the battle and approach the towers before we engaged you, a classic ambush as it were. However rather than fight to the "pirate scum" (A direct quote from an earlier engagement with the British, where they jumped an unarmed trade vessel without any provocation.) The British fleet turned and attempted to escape the defenders, who in turn ran down a large portion of their fleet and destroyed them. At which point the British rage-quit and logged off for the night. A poor choice as the Pirate target for the evening was the regional capital "Puerto D'espania" which at the time was under the control of the British at that moment, allowing us an easy victory.

You do realize that the British you saw there was probably literally every British player in this corner of the map, yes? I think we counted 16 of them and 25 of you, plus you had even more outside.

You have come to the southeast corner with multiple large, powerful pirate guilds to battle about 16 British players, 20 French players and 1 Dutch, fighting for territory that's basically meaningless to you. Someone accused me of bringing emotion into it but clearly the pirates are clouded with either stupidity or rage to be having such bad plans, poorly executed.

Your "grand plan" is really terrible.

Just....terrible.

Dear other pirates,

Please consider quitting your team and joining one of the nations. I'm serious. Your leadership is sending your team right to the bottom of the ocean. They have stupid plans, they are not good at PvP and I honestly think you could do better by joining literally anyone else.

Think on it.

Love, France.

And for you guys, I'll cut you a deal, speaking only for The Purge but I think we can swing it:

Go away. Remove yourselves from the eastern side of the map. Point-a-Pitre? Gone. Southeast corner? No more pirates.

We would probably be at war with the British right now if not for your stupid intrusion. We still want our space and we still could be inclined to remove the British from our territory but the more you force us to work with them, the more likely we will create an alliance that sticks. I don't really want to be "British allies" all because of some petty war with the pirates in the southeast corner of the map but you're forcing our hand.

Maybe, MAYBE, in some distant future we could end up fighting the powers that be and actually coordinating with Pirates. [PURGE] is not inclined to side with the biggest powers on the map so we're more likely to be pirate allies than U.S. allies, unless the pirates are morons.

In summary,

It is strategically smart for France to keep fighting over that corner. It's close to our capital, it's far away from other capitals and we need the resources.

It is strategically stupid for Pirates to keep fighting over that corner. You're making enemies you don't need over areas you don't really want.

You make the call.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 3

Hi Slamz,

Just curious how high is moral right now? Did you make this post before or after we pirates captured the regional capital and you guys spat on a proposed non-aggression pact while we dealt with the English? Or perhaps after we sunk you last night? While I do enjoy your fiction and it did give me a hearty chuckle, I would prefer if you didn't misrepresent us. Simply because your faction lacks the organization to make use of grand-strategy, doesn't mean that the use of such methods are cowardly or lacking in any way. To do so would also suggest that you view the British, Napoleon ( Would you look at that!), the Greeks and almost every other powerful nation throughout history as weak and cowardly.

In regards to the shallow port runs on Sunday, I must give you some props for managing to sink our first flag bearer. That was a mistake on our end and it has been analyzed and won't happen again. Our other flag bearer experienced a ISP blackout and was disconnected from the game, causing him to surrender instantly.

In regards to your comment Lord Roberts:

It's clear that you have little knowledge of the situation in the south. Did you know that deep-water ports can only be captured by Cerberus and above? I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't consider those "low level' ships. Especially considering the fact that the French and British in the area can barely field any frigates. I do also enjoy your comment about exploits, rather funny if I do say so myself. The BR black is a game mechanic created by the developers to stop small ships from pulling significantly larger fleets, when they have no hope of winning. In my opinion it would be significantly worse if a single French player could pull an entire fleet of 30-40 Cerberus and above ships in an attempt to stop us from starting the port capture within the window set for Naprima. 

well to me and my clan cerbs are low level ships.

well to me and my clan cerbs are low level ships.

Fair enough. The majority of our fleets are above cerbs, in contrast the french fleet is primarily at a cerb or lower level. 

In regards to Slamz comments: 

I see a lot of anger and resentment in your post, but I'll try to tackle as many points as I can. It should be noted that we most likely have diffrent views on how events went down so everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

1.  In regards to my comment about sinking you. This was a clear taunt on my part, and mostly do to a bit of resentment about the inaccuracy of your original post, and your comment about the french having high moral. Which if true is rather impressive, considering the opposition you face from us and the British.

2. In regards to your comment about having fought [FC] and there inability to deal with you. This is factually untrue, during the first several days [FC] was working out of the SE many of our players were still making the journey south and you were able to win several small engagement, for which I give you credit. However I do distinctly remember your group engaging us outside our port with I believe 9 ships of the line including cerbs. During this engagement I distinctly remember a solely [FC] fleet sinking all 9 ships. After which you resorted to engaging our players attempting to mission and make trade runs during down times, and running from any major fights.

3. Trust me when the call went out over the TS that our flag carrier DC'd and our other one got flipped we were seriously pissed. I think that was the closest I personally have come to rage-quiting.

Not sure if I can comment on too much more, without divulging important intel. Also my lunch brake is almost over, and I need to get back to work.

I don't have anything against you, just got a bit salty as it were. 

With Love,

They Call Me Mr. Tibbs

I'm sure if we ever sat down and were able to have a chat over comms we'd probably be friends or at least hate each other a little less. :P

2. In regards to your comment about having fought [FC] and there inability to deal with you. This is factually untrue, during the first several days [FC] was working out of the SE many of our players were still making the journey south and you were able to win several small engagement, for which I give you credit. However I do distinctly remember your group engaging us outside our port with I believe 9 ships of the line including cerbs. During this engagement I distinctly remember a solely [FC] fleet sinking all 9 ships. After which you resorted to engaging our players attempting to mission and make trade runs during down times, and running from any major fights.

You mean fights were the odds are massively in your favor right?  Heck, I got jumped solo by 3 FC only for them to run away after I called reinforcements (thanks for the xp and gold btw).  That's really how you killed Slamz in that earlier post by ganging up.

Well, we don't care nor are we angry.  Most of us are long time PvPers and we love the underdog, skirmishing actions.  So have fun running missions, trading in your little hidey hole we'll keep you guys and your fellow pirates company until the Brits and US arrive.

Edited by Dharus

The first point I would like to correct is... Slamz was sunk multiple times last night.

I'd also like to correct Slamz ignorant views on what pirates should hold. The Bahamas hold nothing of value really. Though Haiti does offer something its to spread out to defend. They also contain a lot of shallow water ports that no one really cares about. Meaning if you want to sail bigger ships you must leave the Bahamas area. There is a reason the pirates currently outgun the French in the south east. We're all in deep water ships.

Mostly we're interested in a stable home we can launch pvp fleets from for fun. There isn't a need to "rule the world." That is an affliction that you seem to suffer from. Which is why if you had taken the deal you were offered Slamz. We'd have honored it. Instead you spit on us and made demands your nation/clan can't back up. Feel free to continue spewing the bile and hate for pirates. We'll just prove our right to hold what we have on the field of battle.

I'll see you in battle and you wont win. Enjoy finally having a valid reason to run.

Mr Tibbs.

I have enjoyed fighting you multiple times and have nothing but respect for your personal skills however lets be honest here.

The deal you guys offered was basically a temporary cease fire at best. You guys pretty much told us "give us your ports in the bay and go get your own else where". You offered us nothing with exception that we get to live.

Like Slamz said you could have actually made some friends with the French but the Pirate leadership decided to take a different tact. Purge was actually kind of excited about taking on the US with the Pirates but the Pirate leadership was really obtuse, demanding and wasn't really interested in any real relationship with the French. 

We are honorable sailors here so their is no need to lie. If we accepted any deal with you guys you just would have back stabbed us anyway. If you were really interested in being allies with the French you would have actually asked us what we needed in the long run to help you beat the U.S. or Brits.

Don't get me wrong, we have no illusions that we can beat the Pirates given our small population but fight you we will. I look forward to the Purge sailing out of our last port to kill Pirates.

To quote the final words (which I believe says everything you need to know about the Pirates) in a rated G version of the conversation in Team Speak last night regarding the deal the Pirates offered the French.

Pirate "The French better take our deal or we will bring down a **** storm on you guys"

Slamz "I vote for **** storm!"

Purge loves games where we are out gunned, out numbered and in the middle of a **** storm. Now that is a good time!

You mean fights were the odds are massively in your favor right?  Heck, I got jumped solo by 3 FC only for them to run away after I called reinforcements (thanks for the xp and gold btw).  That's really how you killed Slamz in that earlier post by ganging up.

Well, we don't care nor are we angry.  Most of us are long time PvPers and we love the underdog, skirmishing actions.  So have fun running missions, trading in your little hidey hole we'll keep you guys and your fellow pirates company until the Brits and US arrive.

While I can't speak for the [FC] members in question. I suspect their choice to retreat was most likely caused by an unwillingness to waste time fighting NPCs who cost you nothing and can be reused an infinite amount of times, with hard earned ships payed for through mission running and what trade we could manage. We also had several encounters with [PURGE] were you'll spawn NPCs and while were fighting them, you'll run from the battle. You claim to be "PVPers", but don't understand the frustration of having hunted a target only to have him magically spawn reinforcements leveling the playing field. I suspect this will soon change, as before this weekend we lacked the ability to spawn our own reinforcements to defend should we be caught without a fleet online. As free-ports don't allow for the spawning of reinforcements. However our recent conquests will allow us to spawn our own reinforcements halting your own ability to gank our members.

Out of cuiosity what do you expect us to do as pirates?

I could suggest a few things. Playing against zergs in EVE was always my thing. Without getting into specifics basically what Slamz eluded too. You have to scramble things up for them. Anyway, given the current state of events and you choosing to be our enemy Zerg I'll have to show you how it's specifically done in game.

Sadly the French's assessment is correct, we are not at full strength in the Lesser Antilles but are here for the glory and challenge of service here and not to bring hordes of ships! It was masterful of you pirates to wait until we engaged and appear as if from nowhere right on top of us! Very skillful.

As we are so few in the area trying to offer what help we are able we are forced to fight as economically as we can, so while the thought of retreat turns our stomachs and would rather fight ship to ship, we were forced to try and withdraw once your twenty five heavy ships appeared among ours unfortunately. Furthermore with even more brigand ships waiting outside the harbour, at least about forty I personally assumed, we were essentially blockaded in port for the night rather than 'rage quit'.

In fact we had a blast! We enjoyed the surprise of the trap you sprung and the good old thrashing you, and we tried, to dish out as we left with haste! Thank you for scaring the willies out of our crews - making us feel alive and making us earn our pay! I will try to do more than tickling next time.

We look forward to dispensing the King's justice with you.

Edited by Samuel Mountbatten
  • Like 3

2. In regards to your comment about having fought [FC] and there inability to deal with you. This is factually untrue

Well the other pirates say you asked them for help, which is why they came down. I specifically asked [CF] why in the world they bothered to come down to such an empty area of the map and that was their answer. They don't really care about the area but you wanted help and you usually help each other so they came down.

So....... yeah. Maybe you wanted their help....running missions....? I guess I didn't really ask what it was you asked for help with. I just assumed you must need help with us since there was nothing else to fight down there.

You pirates are certainly mysterious in your ways.

Mostly we're interested in a stable home we can launch pvp fleets from for fun.

Finally! A pirate who at least admits that they are homesteading and building a base for the Serious Business of Conquest. Not even being sarcastic there. I certainly understand that the game as-is leaves pirates little choice but to act like nations. You need money and iron just like everyone else, and that means safer ports and shipbuilding. Your actual reason for being there is no more mysterious than that of the British.

It has just been very eyeroll worthy talking to the other too-cool-for-school pirate leaders who are all "oh we're just doing random stuff, we don't care, it's just a game, virtual ships, lolzy" and then acting like a bunch of try-hards when it comes down to real actions. They talk like devil-may-care pirates but they act like nationals that just happen to have really terrible concepts of strategy and diplomacy.

It's refreshing to hear from a straight talker. Can you be the new pirate representative?

You claim to be "PVPers", but don't understand the frustration of having hunted a target only to have him magically spawn reinforcements leveling the playing field. I suspect this will soon change, as before this weekend we lacked the ability to spawn our own reinforcements to defend should we be caught without a fleet online. As free-ports don't allow for the spawning of reinforcements. However our recent conquests will allow us to spawn our own reinforcements halting your own ability to gank our members.

Let me try to parse what you just said.

A. It is frustrating to gank a target only to have him level the playing field with reinforcements

B. Pirates are happy they can now summon reinforcements to halt the gank

....?

I'm not sure I understand your position on this issue.

For my part, I fully expect everyone to summon all the reinforcements they can, as best as they can figure how to time it, to maximum effect and fight or flee as seems best at the time. No sense fighting 7:1 if you can avoid it, and it's not like 6 NPC allies are anywhere near as useful or dangerous as 6 players.

But be aware that you cannot summon reinforcements into missions, so owning ports in that bay area isn't going to help you there. We will certainly be looking for your missions and attacking anyone there we can.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

Sadly the French's assessment is correct, we are not at full strength in the Lesser Antilles but are here for the glory and challenge of service here and not to bring hordes of ships! It was masterful of you pirates to wait until we engaged and appear as if from nowhere right on top of us! Very skillful.

As we are so few in the area trying to offer what help we are able we are forced to fight as economically as we can, so while the thought of retreat turns our stomachs and would rather fight ship to ship, we were forced to try and withdraw once your twenty five heavy ships appeared among ours unfortunately. Furthermore with even more brigand ships waiting outside the harbour, at least about forty I personally assumed, we were essentially blockaded in port for the night rather than 'rage quit'.

In fact we had a blast! We enjoyed the surprise of the trap you sprung and the good old thrashing you, and we tried, to dish out as we left with haste! Thank you for scaring the willies out of our crews - making us feel alive and making us earn our pay! I will try to do more than tickling next time.

We look forward to dispensing the King's justice with you.

Monsieur Mountbatten, you should endeavor to contact Kiefer Cain.