Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion; gunports and spyglass, please vote on poll!

Do you want these suggestions?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a spyglass on the world map?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but you should buy it from the shop.
    • No.
    • Yes, but I do not believe it to be essential.
  2. 2. Would you like the ability to open/close your gunports?

• Yes, and it -should- have a -small- increase to speed when the gunports are closed.
    • Yes, but it should -not- have any influence on ship handling.
    • No, I would not like this added.
    • Yes, but I do not believe it to be essential.

Spyglass in OW: yes.

Gun ports: closed in OW, open in battle (possibly closable to prevent water coming in too fast when too low in water). Trader's ships with closable gun ports but no cannons, like the snow, should remain closed in battle.

Edited by Wicked Mouse
  • Like 1

If im not mistaken, devs have allready said that the opening and closing of gun ports wont happen as with currenty hardware it would simply be too resource intensive, especially in larger battles.

yes on the spy glass in open world though!

edit: dont remember where i read this, but i read somewehre that there is a possibility that there will be closed gun ports in the open world and they would be open in battle.

• Like 1

If ever any activity in NA were to be instanced (battles, exploration (?)...), the spyglass in OW would be more of a gadget than a real tool to search and have a detailed view of something.

Closed ports in OW would be nice. But being able to shift portholes up and down are real cosmetics.

However, both features are nice but far from being critical...

If ever any activity in NA were to be instanced (battles, exploration (?)...), the spyglass in OW would be more of a gadget than a real tool to search and have a detailed view of something.

Currently the spyglass in open world would only be helpful if ...  the ship's national identify could be seen as a static flag, marker or paint scheme.  AND there was a was to turn off text information on ships and ports.  If these changes were coordinated then the use of the spyglass in OW would enhance the game play immensely.

• Like 2

If anything gunports should be closed in OW and opened in battle instance and that is it. 

When the beat to quarters happened the gunports that could be opened depending on sea conditions would be opened, left open, and the guns run out. They would not be closed until the all clear to stand down from general quarters was given and the guns secured inboard.

• Like 3