Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] Vive La France

Slamz

Not being in any clan I am having a hard time putting together the so called "Grand Offer" or the current state of Pirate propositions (aside from their childish demands of pleas for mercy). Am I correct in assuming that Pirates are proposing to return Saint Pierre and La Trinita to the French in exchange for the ceasefire and French relinquishing claims to all other ports that they've lost? If so, which clans are on board with that proposal and which are willing to negotiate?

Enough that it is enforceable. All of the major pirate clans are organized together. While your correct the individual pirate is left out in the cold. same with a lot of small clans. The simple fact is that the much more organized french (compared to the small fry pirates) can more than rebuff any attempt to retake those ports if the larger clans wanted to make a deal. Technically the same is true for every other nation as well.

Its basically the same reason the Bahamas were lost. The larger more organized groups moved out on their own. Resulting in the individual less organized pirates to fend for themselves. Causing loss after loss. Or port battles that went undefended entirely.

But St. Pierre and La Trinitie have no strategic or economic value.  Taking those back gain us nothing other than a couple blue dots on a map.  Anything we want to accomplish around the FR area we can do so without those ports.  It's a hollow gesture.

They are newbro ports for missions. The strategic ports you refer to allow for perfect strike potential into our main areas. And/or they have resources the pirates need. Additionally they allow for you to "reinforce" through almost all of our territory. Why would we give up that advantage? Port alliance or no. We aren't under any delusions as to our ability to stop open world fights. 

Whereas if you wanted forward bases to begin an attack on the brits or even carve out a new chunk of land somewhere. We'd be more than happy to assist.

It's just giving you "strategic" ports inside our territory isn't an option. If our positions were reversed. You'd say the same thing.

If you want to look at it another way. What is to prevent the French from stabbing us in the back by allowing the US or Brits to take a french port as a jump off point to an invasion. Keeping in mind we can't defend these ports if they are owned by the French. The only way to prevent this possibility is to not allow enemy ports deep in our territory.

Edited by Obliterati

Enough that it is enforceable. All of the major pirate clans are organized together. While your correct the individual pirate is left out in the cold. same with a lot of small clans. The simple fact is that the much more organized french (compared to the small fry pirates) can more than rebuff any attempt to retake those ports if the larger clans wanted to make a deal. Technically the same is true for every other nation as well.

Its basically the same reason the Bahamas were lost. The larger more organized groups moved out on their own. Resulting in the individual less organized pirates to fend for themselves. Causing loss after loss. Or port battles that went undefended entirely.

It nice to know that all of the major clans are organized together. What are they organized together for, though? Is it to grind and level until Brits or US gets around to attacking the South East? I'm not asking to reveal any grand plan or a strategy here (or to me). I am simply wondering if a clear goal exists and whether this goal is achievable by the clans alone. 

Do not confuse lack of organization and lack of numbers. New players do not immediately jump to join clans, they explore the game and grind some missions first. They also avoid collective action for that reason and do not (for the most part) participate in port defense (or offense). When the clans left, they took a large number of players who would otherwise be inclined to participate in port action. Do not blame the loss of Bahamas solely on the lack of organization. Number of experienced players available to defend them was a significant factor as well (especially after the unmentionable clan flipped to the US). Will the clans have enough numbers to withstand US/Brit zerg without outside allies and help from within pirate nation? 

Pirates are bigger stronger and more organized than ever before.

Well that's good to hear!

Tell us about some of your accomplishments. You should start a PVP2 Pirate thread about it, because I bet it's a really long list. Tell us about all the U.S. forces you defeated today and the British ports you sacked. Tell us about how you routed the Americans struggling to defend their ports and sneakily took more distant ports from them! Tell us how you broke the back of the main British guild and rolled up their favorite ports with one hand while defending a mighty USS attack with your other hand. And how you singlehandedly saved the Spanish nation from their overbearing aggressors, earning their trust and ally status forever. Spain has your back now, am-i-right?

....what's that?

You didn't do any of those? Still no allies? No attacks on anything of value? No British were harmed in the making of this film?

The mighty pirate nation has done absolutely nothing of value or bragging rights for the last 3 weeks, at least, because you're all out here in the boondocks playing tiddlywinks with the NPCs?

So when you say "bigger and stronger and more organized", you mean....what....exactly....?

Let's go back to talking about how the tiny French nation continues to thwart an obnoxious and overbearing enemy. That's way more exciting than what you're doing.

Edited by Slamz

It nice to know that all of the major clans are organized together. What are they organized together for, though? Is it to grind and level until Brits or US gets around to attacking the South East? I'm not asking to reveal any grand plan or a strategy here (or to me). I am simply wondering if a clear goal exists and whether this goal is achievable by the clans alone. 

Do not confuse lack of organization and lack of numbers. New players do not immediately jump to join clans, they explore the game and grind some missions first. They also avoid collective action for that reason and do not (for the most part) participate in port defense (or offense). When the clans left, they took a large number of players who would otherwise be inclined to participate in port action. Do not blame the loss of Bahamas solely on the lack of organization. Number of experienced players available to defend them was a significant factor as well (especially after the unmentionable clan flipped to the US). Will the clans have enough numbers to withstand US/Brit zerg without outside allies and help from within pirate nation? 

We're pirates so i can't say the water is perfectly clear. Though there is a plan and our major goals all coincide. More importantly since we're only the 3rd largest nation we all know for a fact in order to survive we have to work together. Naturally the individual pirates won't know our plans for security reasons.

If the defense of Aves and our territory last week was any indication. Any enemy would need to be able to field at least 5 assault fleets to overwhelm our ability to defend. In which case it would devolve into a battle of attrition like the French have done in perdenales.

Basically the clans had out grown shallow water ports and left for deep water. Bahamas were lost due to lack of experienced fighters and organization. Regardless of how you want to phrase that the results are the same.

To be honest, now that I've thought about it some more, I'm not sure if the players running the Pirate clans will stick around if pirate mechanics are substantially reworked and it becomes significantly more difficult for pirates to exist as a nation. The sheer number of clans suggests an overabundance of large egos. Egos that apparently cannot take a bruising (evident in Bahamas exodus and inability to admit strategic mistake with France that has caused this particular quagmire); egos that might not be willing to settle for a perpetually losing side (as pirates should be). Clans, however, are not the only players out there. If differences can be settled and agreements reached, French-Pirate cooperation will result in the whole Pirate nation developing a rather favorable opinion of the French. As it stands now, the larger portion of non-clan affiliated pirates look at the map and figure that French just rolled over without realizing that quite the opposite is going on. Settle your differences with the clans and you will gain a future ally that has nothing to do with the people you despise now. 

Clans in general are a detriment to national unity. They create a horizontal organization with too many chiefs that oftentimes precludes setting a national agenda. In order for Pirates as a nation to have one concrete goal that all or most can work towards achieving 10+ clans have to agree to it. Given the fact that individuals founding separate clans instead of joining existing ones seek individualism and power rather than organization and unity, such agreements are highly unlikely, and the number of our clans keeps growing... 

Not being in any clan I am having a hard time putting together the so called "Grand Offer" or the current state of Pirate propositions (aside from their childish demands of pleas for mercy). Am I correct in assuming that Pirates are proposing to return Saint Pierre and La Trinita to the French in exchange for the ceasefire and French relinquishing claims to all other ports that they've lost? If so, which clans are on board with that proposal and which are willing to negotiate?

First off, you underestimate the unity of the clans. There are so many because of the sheer number of pirates.. There are at least 4 clans that have 50-60 members and at least as many who have 30ish members, and a ton more that have 10-20ish active members. The fact that everyone is down here is a testimony that there is a form of unity, if the majority of pirates didn't agree with our presence here they would be elsewhere. This is not happening, we are seeing new names pop constantly, we even had (and I won't say who" a large chunk of one of the Crayola nations telling us they were thinking of switching sides en-masse and that pirates was on the table.

As for offering ports back around the capital, we never wanted or needed them, we've said this before, and I think a majority of pirates expected the French to come to their senses after 1-2 port caps and would have came back to the table to discuss, but that never happened. This has infuriated several clans and they are now bashing at the French pointlessly. The clans around  Du Roy generally don't even think about the French, that's all behind us, we're jumping on a port here and there because our friends down south helped us when we did the initial push and it's only natural to return the favor.

If any french leader wants to talk, I could probably arrange it. Everyone would need to put a lot of water in their wine for anything to happen though.

Slamz... why do you assume the US are worth fighting? Have you ever considered the single best plan is to allow the brits and US to begin fighting in earnest first? keeping in mind that both of those nations are larger than the pirates. The only route to victory is through a multi-front war to even the numbers up. Not acknowledging that fact just shows your ignorance.

That information cannot be shared, but I will tell you this, we have no expansion plans. No, we will not steamroll the Swedes, Dutch or Danes. We have zero interest in that. Suffice to say, we are currently discussing future plans and they are pretty similar to what the French plans seem to be. We're going to harass the bigger nations in open sea battles and protect what we have the best we can. The French issue is kind of slowing down this process, that is all, go ahead and claim a win or success on that one, but it's not a big concern to us.

We're pirates so i can't say the water is perfectly clear. Though there is a plan and our major goals all coincide. More importantly since we're only the 3rd largest nation we all know for a fact in order to survive we have to work together. Naturally the individual pirates won't know our plans for security reasons.

If the defense of Aves and our territory last week was any indication. Any enemy would need to be able to field at least 5 assault fleets to overwhelm our ability to defend. In which case it would devolve into a battle of attrition like the French have done in perdenales.

Basically the clans had out grown shallow water ports and left for deep water. Bahamas were lost due to lack of experienced fighters and organization. Regardless of how you want to phrase that the results are the same.

I hope that I'm wrong here, but it sounds like you are preparing to dig in and defend the South East (with little enthusiasm for you prospects). That also doesn't answer the question of whether you will manage without allies and without those who are still inclined on fighting in the Bahamas. The zerg is strong with US and Brits, the Spanish are being routed, the Danes are nearly gone, the Swedes are few and rather passive in nature, the Dutch are inclined to ally with Brits, and the French are growing to hate you more and more with each passing day. Add to that the pirate population that you've alienated by leaving the Bahamas... How's the math working out so far? You - a part of a 3rd largest nation against the combined forces of US, Brits, and the Dutch, while French guerrilla forces keep you bogged down in the South... I'd reconsider your strategy and approach to democracy. But that's just me. You do you. I'll wait for the pirate mechanic rework and see how things work then.

As for offering ports back around the capital, we never wanted or needed them, we've said this before, and I think a majority of pirates expected the French to come to their senses after 1-2 port caps and would have came back to the table to discuss, but that never happened. This has infuriated several clans and they are now bashing at the French pointlessly. The clans around  Du Roy generally don't even think about the French, that's all behind us, we're jumping on a port here and there because our friends down south helped us when we did the initial push and it's only natural to return the favor.

If any french leader wants to talk, I could probably arrange it. Everyone would need to put a lot of water in their wine for anything to happen though.

You guys ran into an enemy that is determined and unwilling to surrender and you got pissed off about it? The more I witness their determination, the more I appreciate how great it would be to have an ally of this caliber. Again, if you are all so united, select an individual who can manage to put big boy pants on and either engage in big boy diplomacy with someone who could be of great service to you, or just sit and grind until you realize that US and Brits grind just the same while their numbers are significantly higher.

Slamz... why do you assume the US are worth fighting?

Because that is why we joined this server. We came here to fight that zerg and along the way ran into another. We have no problem saying it openly we came here to fight the biggest zerg. This is what we enjoy doing.

The Pirates are the warm up act while we learn the things you can do to fight an enemy that has you way out gunned. We are still learning. This game has some great mechanics that allows a small team of guys to mess up a larger faction.

We are primarily here in Alpha to help create a few more mechanics that allow greater disruption of a large zerg machine. If we can do that, this game has a chance to be one of the best PVP games ever made.

We just assumed that the Pirates and others wanted the same thing we did. Come to find out I guess we were dealing with the wrong guys. We should have been talking to guys like Poe and Druken.

• Like 1

I hope that I'm wrong here, but it sounds like you are preparing to dig in and defend the South East (with little enthusiasm for you prospects). That also doesn't answer the question of whether you will manage without allies and without those who are still inclined on fighting in the Bahamas. The zerg is strong with US and Brits, the Spanish are being routed, the Danes are nearly gone, the Swedes are few and rather passive in nature, the Dutch are inclined to ally with Brits, and the French are growing to hate you more and more with each passing day. Add to that the pirate population that you've alienated by leaving the Bahamas... How's the math working out so far? You - a part of a 3rd largest nation against the combined forces of US, Brits, and the Dutch, while French guerrilla forces keep you bogged down in the South... I'd reconsider your strategy and approach to democracy. But that's just me. You do you. I'll wait for the pirate mechanic rework and see how things work then.

I just said what it would take. Not what our plans are. The brits have no interest in returning and the US would have to go through the brits to get here. I am not privy to the actual plans. I'm just saying we're pretty strong overall.

Additionally you don't need allies if you pay attention. The brits and US will inevitably fight as they are doing in Mexico now. That offers opportunity.

There are hardly any bahama pirates left really. The only ones that remain are the trolls under the bridge if you get my meaning.

The french are a non issue. All you need to defend against them is 10-15 guys and they don't have enough to field 2 assault fleets. Even pugs could defend if necessary. Additionally even if we lost a port to them. They can't defend 2 at once so it'd be easy to take it back later.

Also if you admire the french so much join them. Just promise me you wont come back when you figure out it isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Though they might be able to treat a solo player better than the Pirates can or will since they are smaller.

They are newbro ports for missions. The strategic ports you refer to allow for perfect strike potential into our main areas. And/or they have resources the pirates need. Additionally they allow for you to "reinforce" through almost all of our territory. Why would we give up that advantage? Port alliance or no. We aren't under any delusions as to our ability to stop open world fights. 

Whereas if you wanted forward bases to begin an attack on the brits or even carve out a new chunk of land somewhere. We'd be more than happy to assist.

It's just giving you "strategic" ports inside our territory isn't an option. If our positions were reversed. You'd say the same thing.

If you want to look at it another way. What is to prevent the French from stabbing us in the back by allowing the US or Brits to take a french port as a jump off point to an invasion. Keeping in mind we can't defend these ports if they are owned by the French. The only way to prevent this possibility is to not allow enemy ports deep in our territory.

Ports for missions?  That's stupid, you can get missions at any neutral, free, or French port.  The missions out of La Trin or St. Pierre are no different and are not in any different area then the same missions you can get out of FR.  So that is a null point.  

Who said a strategic port was in the middle of your territory?  Do I have to say it again?....I guess, so here it is.....if we are surrounded by pirates our only option is to fight pirates.  To make peace, France would need another enemy to strike, and making a mad dash though pirate and Swed territory with a 200-600k flag to fight Danes or Brits is not a feasible option, it's just a trap.  Especially considering your "peace" doesn't cover OW fighting.  

I have to remind you that it was the pirates that decided to over expand and leave the French behind their lines.  If you are afraid of outsiders coming in cause you can't control your territory, you shouldn't have made it so big in the first place.  Your port victories, like the US's, are actually a strategic disadvantage in the long term if you can't completely controls all the territory.  Fort Royal will always be behind your lines, until the map resets, so you have put yourselves into this situation that makes you so paranoid.  And again, if France is surrounded, then we only have one enemy, it's still just that simple.  

Example: Owning, lets say St. George's, gives France no advantage since anything we can do out of St. George's we can do from FR.   

You guys are still of the mindset that because there is a pretty little dot on the map, that dot is strategic.  Strategy is not about what you have, it's how you use it.  Let's say you gave us every port between FR and St. George's, France's only option is still just to fight pirates cause we cannot effectively launch attacks on any other nation with those ports.  

I just said what it would take. Not what our plans are. The brits have no interest in returning and the US would have to go through the brits to get here. I am not privy to the actual plans. I'm just saying we're pretty strong overall.

Additionally you don't need allies if you pay attention. The brits and US will inevitably fight as they are doing in Mexico now. That offers opportunity.

There are hardly any bahama pirates left really. The only ones that remain are the trolls under the bridge if you get my meaning.

The french are a non issue. All you need to defend against them is 10-15 guys and they don't have enough to field 2 assault fleets. Even pugs could defend if necessary. Additionally even if we lost a port to them. They can't defend 2 at once so it'd be easy to take it back later.

Also if you admire the french so much join them. Just promise me you wont come back when you figure out it isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Though they might be able to treat a solo player better than the Pirates can or will since they are smaller.

So, when facing a prospect of two large enemies uniting against you, your plan (your only plan) is to hope that they fight each other instead... Ok, then... French (as you've just stated) can take one of your fleets out by taking a port and having you retake it. How's that inconsequential? Self-confidence is a good thing, self-delusion is dangerous and will get all that you've worked hard to create destroyed by those you underestimated or failed to account for.

I'm sticking with pirates. My respect for the way French continue to fight (compared to how a certain clan rolled over to the US) has little to do with my allegiances. Those I owe solely to myself. I would like to engage in a larger and more substantive PvP, but at the moment my only choices are to pick on the outnumbered and outgunned French or to fight alone against 5-6 US/Brits. I'll wait for the pirate mechanic rework and see how things go from there. 

While the problem of egos (as well as the problem of their number stemming from a deeply flawed horizontal organizational structure of "clans within nation") is a separate one and deserves a whole separate thread, I do believe that the French have something to lose. 1) while you are creating a tight group of hardcore PvP players for your nation, you lose prospective players who are turned off by your geopolitical situation and lack of opportunities to explore the game to its fullest, 2) current situation is breeding long term hostilities and prevents future discourse and possible collaboration between Pirates and France. While it might not have an immediate impact on your enjoyment of good PvP action, it could have drastic consequences for the future game when pirate mechanics are reworked and map is reset. If you refuse to negotiate in earnest, you are denying yourself a potential ally in the future (if not ensuring that you've made a permanent enemy) - that is not a prudent policy.

I believe that Pirates actually need strong France in order to compete with US and Brits (look at the bulk of European history and struggle to maintain balance of power). Pirates could definitely use a second front against US and Brits that France could provide from its secondary holdings in Louisiana. That second front would free up pirate clans to retake Bahamas and end internal division caused by US occupation. As those ports are all shallow, retaking them will have to be a numbers game. In that game, experience level and ship size will not matter. Allies that bolster numbers and lack of enemies that prevent reinforcements, however, will prove crucial.

Tensions appear to be high between the two nations, yet both have some interests that can be fulfilled in a mutually beneficial manner while ensuring that good PvP action is available to all without having to sacrifice other aspects of the game. Earlier I outlined what I believe to be a decent start to not only restoring Pirate-French relationship, but also building a productive alliance that would allow both nations to improve their geopolitical situation. While the particulars of that plan can be negotiated, it appears that no such negotiations can begin until egos and blame flinging can stop. I would strongly advise both parties to set aside past transgressions however real they might be, put on some big boy pants and engage in a big boy diplomacy. What this thread has become is meaningless and if either one of the parties is not willing to even try to work together (without bringing up past events), then you are all effectively wasting your time with this meaningless back and forth banter.

Given the current course of events locally and the map in general I would concur with Spelunkers long term predictions. That said, any map reset will also scramble things. Any fundamental rules changes to pirate conquest play following such a map reset could also become problematic.

Here is the irony. I believe many pirates are currently following the Zerg mantra that if you play to crush a fair portion of the crushed will just join your team, The creature of habit tendencies of human nature make this true and in EVE we saw this effect common in territories rolled over by both Goons and Band of brothers. So it's logical some French may go pirate if the current map condition remain. Should a map reset occur that is accompanied by a rules change to pirate conquest capabilities it's highly likely we would see a large portion of the current pirate team actually join France. The future of our two groups are probably linked whether we like it or not.

As for offering ports back around the capital, we never wanted or needed them, we've said this before, and I think a majority of pirates expected the French to come to their senses after 1-2 port caps and would have came back to the table to discuss, but that never happened. This has infuriated several clans and they are now bashing at the French pointlessly

There's a saying in chess, "the threat is stronger than the execution".  Anyone who has played a lot of chess will be familiar with this.

When all this began to unfold, the threat of Pirates taking French ports was real, and we began making contingency plans.  "What will we do if we lose this port or that one?"  And then we realized the answer was "We will do exactly what we've been doing".

So, now the Pirates own ports they neither want nor need.  The French wanted them before, but thanks to the Pirates forcing us to really look hard at our situation, we have discovered that we don't actually need them.  If all the Pirates packed up and sailed away tomorrow, we probably wouldn't even bother to retake them all.  We might take back a couple just to make life easier for our crafters, but without a specific reason to need them to be blue on the map we'd probably just leave them as they are.

So in the end what you have accomplished is to take something from us we didn't really need, and give us instead something else we did need: clarity of purpose and a common goal.  So, thanks I guess.

First off, you underestimate the unity of the clans. There are so many because of the sheer number of pirates.. There are at least 4 clans that have 50-60 members and at least as many who have 30ish members, and a ton more that have 10-20ish active members.

I read things like this and wonder why the pirates keep saying they are the 3rd strongest team, basically pushing the idea that the British are the 2nd strongest and therefore "poor wee pirates must hang back and wait to see what the powerful British do".

From everything I have seen, the British do not have anything like "at least 4 clans that have 50-60 members and at least as many who have 30ish members". SOB is by far their largest guild, and the pirates have already power-leveled their way well beyond what SOB can bring to the table.

I would suggest that pirates are easily the second most powerful team. You guys just have the same problem that some French captains had at first: fear of failure. They didn't want to jump into fights and fire their cannons at other players because they feared they'd lose. Once you actually got them to try it, though, confidence went up pretty fast. They did a lot better than they expected. "Hey, this isn't has hard as I thought! And there's XP and gold, too!"

You pirates would probably learn the same lesson if you actually tried. What a buncha limp noodles you guys are. In the long run I suspect the good fight would be Brits + Pirates vs U.S. It's kind of a shame that it's going to end up as Everyone vs Pirates, though, because you guys go out of your way to irritate everyone and you're too afraid of failure to take any PvP risks.

Here is the irony. I believe many pirates are currently following the Zerg mantra that if you play to crush a fair portion of the crushed will just join your team, The creature of habit tendencies of human nature make this true and in EVE we saw this effect common in territories rolled over by both Goons and Band of brothers.

Ayup. Only unlike Eve these guys don't want to attack, they apparently want to fight where they are trying to harvest and build ships... They will figure it out when it bites em in the ass.

Have you ever considered the single best plan is to allow the brits and US to begin fighting in earnest first? keeping in mind that both of those nations are larger than the pirates. The only route to victory is through a multi-front war to even the numbers up. Not acknowledging that fact just shows your ignorance.

Ignorance? He is spot on. Big ass zergs and the kind of guys that play in them NEVER assign a priority to a challenge when they can have low hanging fruit.  Much the same as we did to the French they are going to do to us.  I am not even saying its a bad way to play either.  You already have your foe bottled up in a small area, having a hard time with production because you got to many mouths to feed and not enough resources; it is "wise" to cut your teeth against a lesser foe to put some experience to your guys when the losses will be minimal before taking larger risks in a fair fight.

I know most pirates don't seam to have much experience in the open sandbox Pvp games, but from some gents I have talked to on both yanks and Brits, some of them do and you can bet your ass that is just what is happening.

The irony is that the french haven't even realized it yet. They still consider themselves "defending" the south. I got news for you. The south is pirate territory. Accept it.

if you want to make a deal. Here is what it would take. We'll give you your newbro ports back around Fort Royal. We dont want them anyway. Then you make your new base west of the sweds in Danish territory. Your other option is to take Dutch territory.

The 2 main pirate power blocks... you aren't getting a single port from them. Accept it and move on.

Take a Traders Snow and load it up with any cargo you like. Sail it from you western most SE port (Yag) through the bay and down to your eastern most port (Santa T). Do it casually just like your in your own back yard. If you make it I'll start calling the SE Pirate territory. If you can't make it unmolested then it's time for you to admit all you own is the points of land.

We might take back a couple just to make life easier for our crafters, but without a specific reason to need them to be blue on the map we'd probably just leave them as they are.

This is something I've been pondering a message to the devs about, but I guess it's prudent to wait for the next iteration of the Conquest and resource map, which I think is already in the works anyway. The way it works right now, playing "port pac-man" is a really silly game because you don't need that many ports. Maybe a big team like the U.S. feels otherwise but I'm pretty sure France could play the game totally independently and locally with about 4 ports. And we can use deliveries and teleports to play the game with zero ports.

There's really no reason to have a dozen ports. Frankly it just makes you that much easier of a target. Defending 1 port is super easy. Defending a dozen is basically impossible, especially if your enemy is willing to throw a lot of money and numbers at it.

In a way I wish the pirate threat was a little more real. "Oh no! We lost [important port]! Whatever shall we do!" That's probably how it should work. Right now it's actually pretty easy to just ignore ports (especially if you tend to mostly win your PvP battles and therefore rarely need new ships). We can thumb our nose at the pirates with impunity because there is just literally no reason to work with jerks. What's the worst they can do to a team our size? Not much.

Ideally, we should start with a blank map and have to construct our own ports, in which case we would probably only make the ones we need. Ports could then be destroyable, too. The current system isn't terrible but it's definitely not the noose the pirate leaders seem to think it is.

Explain to me like im 5 what is going on in this thread.

*Pirates run away from US and attack France

*They beat on France until finally France starts to turn the corner and starts winning fights

*Pirates offer France a turd sandwich of a deal to start a cease fire

*Pirates give France an ultimatum, team speak quote "Take the deal or we will bring a **** storm down on you guys"

*France votes for **** storm

*France decides to go guerilla and become better at Pirating then the Pirates

*Pirates take uncontested Deep Waters

*Pirates consistently lose the Shallow Waters

*France holes up in Naprima bay and starts pushing the limits of guerilla warfare 

*Pirates cry foul

*Pirates attack Pedernales multiple times and can't take it

*France loses all of its Ports except 2.

*France learns to support a nation without ports 

*Pirates declare victory

*France continues to sink their 3rd rates in Snows and Mercs in the waters the Pirates claim they control

*France won't go away and keeps a part of their team locked into crueler PVP then they thought the game allowed

*This baffles Bahamas Pirates since now part of their team is locked into a quagmire with the French

*The Eastern Pirates can't understand why we haven't left or given up since they already declared victory

France hates Pirates, Pirates hate France.

It has turned more personal then your normal politics. So much so that I have no doubt when the map re-sets the French will dive right back into the Pirates and the Pirates will shoot right for the French.

Edited by Vllad
  • Like 2

*Pirates run away from US and attack France

*They beat on France until finally France starts to turn the corner and starts winning fights

*Pirates offer France a turd sandwich of a deal to start a cease fire

*Pirates give France an ultimatum, team speak quote "Take the deal or we will bring a **** storm down on you guys"

*France votes for **** storm

*France decides to go guerilla

*Pirates take uncontested Deep Waters

*Pirates consistently lose the Shallow Waters

*France holes up in Naprima bay and starts pushing the limits of guerilla warfare 

*Pirates cry foul

*Pirates attack Pedernales multiple times and can't take it

*France loses all of its Ports except 2.

*France learns to support a nation without ports 

*Pirates declare victory

*France continues to sink their 3rd rates in Snows and Mercs

*France won't go away and keeps a part of their team locked into crueler PVP then they thought the game allowed

*This baffles Bahamas Pirates since now part of their team is locked into a quagmire with the French

France hates Pirates, Pirates hate France.

It has turned more personal then your normal politics. So much so that I have no doubt when the map re-sets the French will dive right back into the Pirates and the Pirates will shoot right for the French.

it's theater and I'm loving it on the forums, I do hope I can help stir it up some more haha