Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] Vive La France

Slamz

Hah, this explains so much. Unlike Bach I have no issue being harsh, just so we are clear you want to imitate some of the biggest on-line jack-offs of all time? We made a living off of those guys for years, their collective IQ was 6, this game is going to be so much fun.

WTH Vllad? You said you weren't going to sugar coat it.

Just come up to camp du roy and see how long you last.

Du Roy? Who's inconsequential now? The only thing at Du Roy is XP farming, which anyone could do anywhere. Unless you are having trouble winning a mighty war against the Swedes, I would guess you are doing nothing up there of any consequence except pretending you are on a PvE server.

I agree with Bach that it would make a lot more sense if you played as Spain. Not even trolling. Your play style would actually be perfect for the old empire nations, and Spain could actually use a powerhouse leveling guild. It's the disconnect between your words as a wanna-be pirate as your deeds as a champion PvE XP grinder that gives off the nails-on-chalkboard effect. Trying to maintain both images just makes you come across as very fake.

Be a proud, nation-building, XP-farming national, or be a proud, rough-and-tumble, narry-a-care pirate. Don't try to be both. It makes you look silly, like a white rapper from West Virginia trying to claim street cred while gangsta rapping with a banjo.

We will see. Frenchies are a non factor, not enough to do more than murder new guys down south.

The interesting thing is how France, a nation of roughly 30 people online, if that, has created so much buzz.

I have to imagine that if I was doing all this smack talk as some Swede living in a corner of the map, I would just get ignored.

The reality is the pirates have to deal with complaints every day because they keep getting sunk. By the French. It pressures the big clans into dealing with it, makes them look weak if they don't or can't. They have tried just about everything to dig us out of there, including wasting a ton of cash taking over ports that nobody bothered to show up to defend.

Well, we did warn them. Those dopes picked the wrong corner and then quadrupled-down on it.

Edited by Slamz

There is no "buzz", Slamz. You guys are getting smashed and crying about it on the forums. That's it. Everyone else in game looks at the map and can see for themselves what is going on down here.

Crying? My comment was "this is probably my all time favorite pvp game". If you think I'm somehow having troubles you may clearly be the delusional one. I log in every night and pvp for hours till I log off. This game and our current situation is awesome. About the only way you could screw up my game play is to suddenly disappear. Then I might be crying.

You keep pointing back to the map. We get that you own a bunch of ports. That's not actually effecting us or stopping our game play. We don't PVE, we don't mission run and we barely do Econ. The only thing we need is your ships on the ocean and that's working out just fine. We've even had to stop capturing pirate ships because we just don't have the dock space. We barely build anything. Other than for a PB's I haven't even been to a French port in a week.

There is no "buzz", Slamz. You guys are getting smashed and crying about it on the forums. That's it. Everyone else in game looks at the map and can see for themselves what is going on down here. 

The fact that it got to the point you put a bounty on his head says otherwise.  You let 1 guy from a 30 person nation get under your skin.  You have all said it over and over that the French are meaningless in the conquest game.  You guys really need to realize that we really don't care about how many ports we lose yet you guys keep pointing to that like it some great feat.

With the numbers we have compared to that of the Rats, Brits and US we are well aware we will never take over the map.   We get what game we can given the cards we've been dealt and so far its been a lot of fun. Should we have rolled over and tagged along with the zerg and played PvTower?  No thanks.

The interesting thing is how France, a nation of roughly 30 people online, if that, has created so much buzz.

It's far more a matter of you talking non stop making the buzz. Not to rain on your parade but you have 3 or 4 groups of pirates down that way that couldn't get clear of MT area fast enough and recruit non stop off global, with a hand full of crazy aussies who got driven out of the west coast of Florida by Ameri-zerg.  They are ok guys mind you, but the only groups I see fighting more often than not is the pack of derp I run with and the Maniquins (Secondhand and Dickbeards group) fighting in the Bahamas.

OMG has been making trips down the southern coast of Hati or Eastern Coast of Florida pretty much every night, murdering until enough of the zerg show up to put us down like the dogs we are.  I am currently floating in the wreck of my ship wearing some Brits lady pants as a hat after spending the day trying to find this "wall" Roberts is talking about.  As a pirate, you can go that way, pretty much any time that isn't zero dark thirty and get in a fight with more Brits or Americans than you can handle, its perfect.  So to me, the idea of bothering to chase a handful of under shipped french around is baffling to me.  I murdered some french during that Aves thing and we have turned a couple we ran into grinding up around corduroy into canoe's and let em go on the promise of them calling you a twat on national. :P  Other than that, I cant see wasting any more attention.

That said if  you are looking to keep up the good fight I am pretty sure the guys down that way will oblige you.  They bring in a lot of new guys so its good for em to cut the teeth when its not non-stop full stacks of 25 against em like you get vs Yank or Brits.  But all the talk about distracting the pirates from the threat of Brits or Americans or whatever is just wind, those guys were not fighting em in the first place.

OMG has been making trips down the southern coast of Hati or Eastern Coast of Florida pretty much every night, murdering until enough of the zerg show up to put us down like the dogs we are.  

Now that sounds like Pirating. It is too bad we didn't run into your boys earlier. You sound more like our kind of scum!

You are way better off without the rejects that came down to the South East. It sounds like the real Pirates are the guys who stayed behind. You guys will be better off in the long run for staying behind.

• Like 1

Do we need to start referencing specific pirate factions rather than lumping them all together?  I'm pretty sure the whole of the pirate nation hates us.  But I think a lot of our criticisms are probably more on point for a select sub-section of the rats more so than the rest.

2/23 Pedernales Defense Report

Belligerents:

23 pirates (plus 2 NPC pets).

vs

22 French (plus 3 towers)

Casualties:

Pirate:

18 pirates sunk outright (plus 2 pets also sunk)

2 pirates captured in boarding action, then executed, ships confiscated.

1 pirate surrendered, tried for piracy, then executed and sunk.

2 pirates successfully escaped

French:

3 towers destroyed

4 French sunk

1 French successfully escaped

Result:

Decisive French victory.

post-11133-0-79575900-1456295189_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The crazy thing about our consistent Perdenales defense, are we 3/3 by now?, is that the pirates always site the (misplaced) idea that "shallow ports are useless and impossible to defend"  Next time I hear that argument from a pirate that left the Bahamas, I'll simply reply with one word: Perdenales.  France has learned a lot about the game from the enemy, why is it so hard for them to learn something from us? 

Post-Perdenales OW Report: LMN sunk 2 navy brigs, a mercury and a surprise in the OW pirate post -battle "blockade" (all player ships, we don't count AI) and LMN lost 2 cutters.....and there are still patrols happening as I write this post, so that number will prolly grow before maintenance.  No one is crying here, only recruiting and getting better, cause we are having fun.  That's what all the "Buzz" is about.  

Edited by Arbour

Problem is pirates as a nation are saddled with ship production, so that means you need ports.  Its dumb the way its working IMO.

Is it just the deep water boats or the shallow as well that you are finding difficulty constructing on the front?

Is it just the deep water boats or the shallow as well that you are finding difficulty constructing on the front?

Naw their problem is that they spend all their time crafting ships (boring) and then the French take them and they cry.  But I guess that's pirate life now-a-days......thanks Disney!

The crazy thing about our consistent Perdenales defense, are we 3/3 by now?, is that the pirates always site the (misplaced) idea that "shallow ports are useless and impossible to defend"  Next time I hear that argument from a pirate that left the Bahamas, I'll simply reply with one word: Perdenales.  France has learned a lot about the game from the enemy, why is it so hard for them to learn something from us? 

The Pirates should certainly be able to defend their key shallow water ports in the Bahamas, but they can't defend all of them.  They're outnumbered up there the same way we're outnumbered down south, which means they can't defend as many ports as the enemy can attack.  They have to pick certain ones to defend and let the others go, like we've done in the south.

I think the key difference in the situations is that they had an area on the map they could retreat to, so there was less of a need for them to hold out where they were.  We don't have any particularly good places to go so we have much more incentive to stay.  You could say we're backed into a corner at Pedernales.

The lesson to be learned here is: it is much easier to push an enemy out of an area when they have someplace to retreat to.

2/23 Pedernales Participation

Players by Rank

Rank    French  Pirate

3       1       2

4       4       6

5       6       5

6       9       6

7       1       4

Players by Clan

[PURGE] 11

[LMN]   5

[18E]   2

no tag  3

[sIN]   9

[bSO]   8

[FC]    4

no tag  2

Edited by Taralin Snow

2/23 Pedernales Defense Report

Belligerents:

23 pirates (plus 2 NPC pets).

vs

22 French (plus 3 towers)

Casualties:

Pirate:

18 pirates sunk outright (plus 2 pets also sunk)

2 pirates captured in boarding action, then executed, ships confiscated.

1 pirate surrendered, tried for piracy, then executed and sunk.

2 pirates successfully escaped

French:

3 towers destroyed

4 French sunk

1 French successfully escaped

Result:

Decisive French victory.

attachicon.gifpen-defense.jpg

Shit, I wish I could have been there :(    Been too busy with school work!  

Naw their problem is that they spend all their time crafting ships (boring) and then the French take them and they cry.  But I guess that's pirate life now-a-days......thanks Disney!

Two different pirate groups Arbour. Poe is on the Bahamas front line daily. He isn't part of the PVE guys in the South. If we ever go up there we're going to need to figure out how to beat the same problems he is facing.

The Pirates had enough players to defend 4 shallow water defenses every night and that was when the BR requirement was x3. Snow is correct however that as long as the US can attack 5 ports eventually the Pirates lose. Based on Poe's account (which seems to me clearly understands the game mechanics better than those Pirates that went East) I don't think had anything to do with the Pirates being able to put up a defense. 

It only had to do with the fact that the majority of Pirates didn't want to sail around in Merc's and Snows. They mostly had little man syndrome and wanted to sail around in big ships. Based on how poorly the Pirates perform in the small ships it is obvious they didn't spend enough time in them.

What the Pirates are about to learn is it is dang hard to take a port back from an enemy who can put up an equal defense regardless of the size of the nation. NA is totally built to the defenders advantage and they are not likely to make much headway until the map re-sets. They have lost too much at this point.

Moving east probably does pay off for the players personally but it severely damaged the Pirates as a nation.

When the map re-sets they get another chance so we will see if the Eastern Pirates learned something at that point.

Edited by Vllad

Not that I am competitive - but i would love to see a comprehensive PvP scoreboard - K/D ratio by player and by clan - then we can see who hides behind their numbers rather than skill.

I'm not sure the data would mean much.

The game essentially has different mind sets amoung the players.

Capture ports to "win". This is kind of a POTBS hold over as owning ports in NA doesn't actually "win" anything but it does become resource denial so they are still strategic to controlling a region.

Pvp fighting in more realistic no magic sailing ships. Not everyone is doing this but some are.

PVE grinding. Most are probably doing this in a quest to get max level. Which again is a POTBS mindset. There is no advantage for a level 7 captain sailing a snow over a level 3. Once you have the level to sail your ship of choice further levels are not much help. It's just that 80% of the game seem to be choosing to compete at the first rate level.

Exploring. There are inevitably some out there just exploring the map.

So the data would likely only show instances of pvp mindset and then only when two like minded groups happened to bump into one another. For instance, the Spanish could be the most bloodthirsty and capable pvp players. But since they are sandwiched between two conquest minded PB groups grinding out huge BR 3rd rate captain that just port battle there wouldn't be any data showing the Spanish true nature.

Edited by Bach

The Pirates had enough players to defend 4 shallow water defenses every night and that was when the BR requirement was x3. Snow is correct however that as long as the US can attack 5 ports eventually the Pirates lose. Based on Poe's account (which seems to me clearly understands the game mechanics better than those Pirates that went East) I don't think had anything to do with the Pirates being able to put up a defense. 

It only had to do with the fact that the majority of Pirates didn't want to sail around in Merc's and Snows. They mostly had little man syndrome and wanted to sail around in big ships. Based on how poorly the Pirates perform in the small ships it is obvious they didn't spend enough time in them.

What the Pirates are about to learn is it is dang hard to take a port back from an enemy who can put up an equal defense regardless of the size of the nation. NA is totally built to the defenders advantage and they are not likely to make much headway until the map re-sets. They have lost too much at this point.

Moving east probably does pay off for the players personally but it severely damaged the Pirates as a nation.

When the map re-sets they get another chance so we will see if the Eastern Pirates learned something at that point.

I don't see how we damaged the nation. We now have control over a huge zone of ports that are 95% deep water, all close together and with cap windows that allow us to easily defend all we have. We are not spread thin, we do not need our capital or capital area, we have all tbe goods we need down here. And tbe funny thing is that we have a teleport to a city that is right into US and Brit backyards so if we want to show up with 150 pirates one night and mess with you guys we can.

We're winning pretty hardcore..

And tbe funny thing is that we have a teleport to a city that is right into US and Brit backyards so if we want to show up with 150 pirates one night and mess with you guys we can.

"...show up with 150 pirates one night and mess with you" highlights part of the flawed pirate thinking. Doing that would be pretty pointless. The people you attack would probably just find it to be fun.

To create a real disruption, you have to live there. You have to roll out every single day, for your whole in-game time, to mess with them and keep this up for what could easily be several weeks. Any less than that and all you're doing is providing occasional entertainment for bored PvErs (on both sides).

The lesson to be learned here is: it is much easier to push an enemy out of an area when they have someplace to retreat to.

I was thinking that the other day. It was another flaw in the pirate plan, or at any rate they overestimated our willingness to retreat literally 5 hours away. They probably could have pushed the south and left the north alone and maybe we would have given up and stayed in the north -- secure the same border with the Swedes that the pirates have now (or maybe we would have fought the Swedes). Or they could have pushed the north and left the south alone and we would have ended up living in the south (it's nice down there).

Their mistake was pushing both the north and the south, in which case there was nowhere else to go that was remotely convenient so we decided to just stay and jump out of the bushes and kick over their ships whenever we get the chance. Now they have the guerrilla war that their own strategy dictated and they don't like it.

I did tell them very early on that any negotiation would have to start with them leaving the south to us.

They didn't listen.

• Like 1

I don't see how we damaged the nation. We now have control over a huge zone of ports that are 95% deep water, all close together and with cap windows that allow us to easily defend all we have. We are not spread thin, we do not need our capital or capital area, we have all tbe goods we need down here. And tbe funny thing is that we have a teleport to a city that is right into US and Brit backyards so if we want to show up with 150 pirates one night and mess with you guys we can.

We're winning pretty hardcore..

Dude, normally I'm on your side. But the only reason you have a "safe" area is because you came in when you had numbers and tech advantages over a much smaller group of players. This allowed you to take it with minimal contest. What makes it safe is only distance and no serious efforts by the other game super powers to remove you. One British squadron coming over and getting repelled isn't the same thing as a concerted effort by the entire British nation. Those guys take three ports a night. It took almost everything you have just to stop SOB. In the end you haven't solved the Zerg issue. All you did was isolate yourself from it. You could be sailing cutters right now and have accomplished just as much. If and when it happens you have to match them port for port just like you did with just SOB. At that point in time your going to need some allies.

Dude, normally I'm on your side. But the only reason you have a "safe" area is because you came in when you had numbers and tech advantages over a much smaller group of players. This allowed you to take it with minimal contest. What makes it safe is only distance and no serious efforts by the other game super powers to remove you. One British squadron coming over and getting repelled isn't the same thing as a concerted effort by the entire British nation. Those guys take three ports a night. It took almost everything you have just to stop SOB. In the end you haven't solved the Zerg issue. All you did was isolate yourself from it. You could be sailing cutters right now and have accomplished just as much. If and when it happens you have to match them port for port just like you did with just SOB. At that point in time your going to need some allies.

Long story short is that not all the Brits are playing pacman and trying to get rid of the evil pirates. SOB is a rogue clan within the Brit nation and they clearly are of no consequence and we proved that this weekend. We have no beef with the Brits in general.

Basically, we have what we came for and we can now concentrate on pvp. Our newbies have safe zones to level at and some angry frenchmen to hone their teeth on and the big boys are planing their next move which will have nothing to do with expansion and everything to do with plain open world pvp and disruption. The french are going to play rough and think they make a diff when all they will be is chew toys for our puppies.