Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] Vive La France

Slamz

Well, seems that the CDR pirates have few options left to them at this point: 1) vacate the premises, 2) bend the knee, 3) negotiate a truce with the French (in hopes that we will all honor it) or 4) quit the game.

I hope you chose either 1 or 2.  If you chose 1, might i suggest moving north?  Swedish waters are pleasant this time of year - so i hear.  Surely a group of 5 swedes shall not give you too much difficulty... and it would be sweet justice to see you cannibalizing one another given their treachery.

Well, seems that the CDR pirates have few options left to them at this point: 1) vacate the premises, 2) bend the knee, 3) negotiate a truce with the French (in hopes that we will all honor it) or 4) quit the game.

I hope you chose either 1 or 2.  If you chose 1, might i suggest moving north?  Swedish waters are pleasant this time of year - so i hear.  Surely a group of 5 swedes shall not give you too much difficulty... and it would be sweet justice to see you cannibalizing one another given their treachery.

You're not listening... There are no CDR pirates left... Invictus, OMG and CF were the CDR pirates, all that's left is CF and we had a whooping 6 members online at peak Saturday night. Last night when you guys attacked Deshaies most of us were on teleport cooldown and guess what was the defense like on pirate chat? Basically the south were sending 5 guys that probably would not have made it in time.... and we had a bunch of guys in Cutters and Snows filling bug reports because they could not get into the port battle (not exactly world domination material if you catch my drift).

I hear you just fine and I can read between the lines too.  You are now outnumbered and face the home port disadvantage.  We beat you in the PdE battle in spite of having a majority of Cerbs at prime hours.  The trend has now been reversed.  The French will recap every single port.  In two weeks time there will no longer be a black port on the eastern side.  In the meantime, we have squadrons hunting every black ship in sight - for sport and trophies.  A number of you have taken to surrendering their 3rd rates as a hobby.  So, either you can vacate our waters, suffer a miserable existence, or join a real faction - however painful the process is entirely up to you.  I hope you try to resist myself - as I take particular pleasure sinking CF players and mounting their heads on my wall.

• Like 1

I hear you just fine and I can read between the lines too.  You are now outnumbered and face the home port disadvantage.  We beat you in the PdE battle in spite of having a majority of Cerbs at prime hours.  The trend has now been reversed.  The French will recap every single port.  In two weeks time there will no longer be a black port on the eastern side.  In the meantime, we have squadrons hunting every black ship in sight - for sport and trophies.  A number of you have taken to surrendering their 3rd rates as a hobby.  So, either you can vacate our waters, suffer a miserable existence, or join a real faction - however painful the process is entirely up to you.  I hope you try to resist myself - as I take particular pleasure sinking CF players and mounting their heads on my wall.

Yeah totally true. Except most of your numbers are ex pirates. Kind of funny your ignoring that fact.

Yeah totally true. Except most of your numbers are ex pirates. Kind of funny your ignoring that fact.

Kind of funny that if it is true, then you are ignoring the fact that it is due to your decisions and lack of a clear plan and capability to execute it. 

OMG is 10 players.....10!  They are not the majority of France.  And let's say that they were for argument sake.....then your grand pirate alliance of roughly 100 members was destroyed by 10.  Maybe your strategy sucked then, maybe you should learn from the enemy and alter your strategy, but after reading defensive post after defensive post, I doubt your egos would allow you to admit you were wrong.  You'd rather blame your defeat on someone else not yourself. 

Oui monsieur, touche!  Some of our our more advanced players are ex pirates.  They saw the quality of our metal, the merits of our purpose, and have honorably chosen to help create a great nation.  French corsairs where famous during the course of history - and again they shall be so in this game. This does not change the facts listed above.  You have won battles, but seem to have lost the war - not because of the rank of your captains, nor the quality of your ships - but because of a failure in your creativity and leadership.

As for the rest... I shall answer with the maws of my canons.

Edited by TaranisPrime

Kind of funny that if it is true, then you are ignoring the fact that it is due to your decisions and lack of a clear plan and capability to execute it. 

not my decisions personally :) i'm not management.

OMG wants pew pew with no thought.

Invictus wanted PVE - (internal strife probably lead to this request) effectively killing the aspirations of several in CF and OMG.

CF was to diplomatic to just say F it and do X. Also tried to avoid the burnout factor which probably caused burnout.

SE pirates (FC, SIN, BSO etc) - just wants to enjoy their corner of the world. completely disorganized. YOLO attitudes to fleet warfare.

I'd say it was more of a case were no one was rowing together. The really sad thing is that the plan was to go up to Jamaca and fight the brits too. But instead everyone jumped ship.

The pirates will likely end up with no ports now. The brits and the US have no intention of aggressively fighting each other.

OMG is 10 players.....10!  They are not the majority of France.  And let's say that they were for argument sake.....then your grand pirate alliance of roughly 100 members was destroyed by 10.  Maybe your strategy sucked then, maybe you should learn from the enemy and alter your strategy, but after reading defensive post after defensive post, I doubt your egos would allow you to admit you were wrong.  You'd rather blame your defeat on someone else not yourself. 

OMG isn't the only group that switched. So try again. You have a shit ton of new french faces.

The SE pirates at least have the respect of their enemies.  Their "YOLO" strategies are holding stronger than yours.  France uses the same "YOLO" strategy, and now you are openly admitting defeat.  So call it YOLO, but if it works it works.  When ever I lose, at anything, I reflect on what I did wrong and what they did right.  I recommend you do the same instead of blaming others.  

• Like 1

The SE pirates at least have the respect of their enemies.  Their "YOLO" strategies are holding stronger than yours.  France uses the same "YOLO" strategy, and now you are openly admitting defeat.  So call it YOLO, but if it works it works.  When ever I lose, at anything, I reflect on what I did wrong and what they did right.  I recommend you do the same instead of blaming others.  

I haven't blamed anyone. The YOLO i'm talking about isn't the same yolo you're referencing. Its one thing to make the last spirited drive in an attempt to take one down with you in a losing situation. Its another to throw a winning battle away by turning away from your own fleet because you refuse to join comms and yolo into the enemy solo. Thereby losing a winning battle. That is more of a leroy jenkins ploy.

Edited by Obliterati

Its one thing to make the last spirited drive in an attempt to take one down with you in a losing situation. Its another to throw a winning battle away by turning away from your own fleet because you refuse to join comms and yolo into the enemy solo. Thereby losing a winning battle. That is more of a leroy jenkins ploy.

I'm going to agree with Obliterati on this: the pirates would have won at Puerto de Espana if they could have kept their BR advantage for just 30 more minutes.

MVP for the French may very well be that third rate pirate captain who got himself sunk needlessly.

As MVP for the Pirates I'd nominate Artemis Pain, who successfully targeted and sunk damaged French, costing us a lot of BR.

Edited by Taralin Snow

MVP for the French may very well be that third rate pirate captain who got himself sunk needlessly.

It must have been brutal to watch when the whole of the French frigates realized all at once that an isolated pirate 3rd rate was running right in the middle of them.

I had to close my eyes as I clicked the left mouse button.

Edited by ajffighter86

I screwed up and got tunnel vision. Lost situational awareness. Didnt realize the pirates had formed a half circle around the last tower. So fell back from 2 3rd rates right into 2 3rd rates and assorted frigates. Tried to get to a severely undercrewed 3rd rate and board it but I was taking on too much water and went under.