Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.64 - Small Battles and Account XP

admin

Well i can understand to decrease missions rewards but i think it is the wrong way for the pve server where missions are the main income for gold and xp

PvE server has a lot less conflict and eventually you will stop losing ships at all once you get some experience and upgraded vessels. You basically do not lose money there (i hope). 

You still need money to craft or to buy ships.

And yes the risk of losing ships is lower i agree with that and while i think yes the gold reward was high i think 5000gold for the pve server is a bad decision and it should be like before with a decrease that if you go for higher missions you get a bit more.

While xp well it's hard to balance it out when you have the same patch on both pve and pvp, i can understand that you guys want to a game to work for but currently it is that you need a long time and most people hate to grind, thats why all of them bring in premium to boost your xp, people hate to grind for a long time.

And yes i even have a thread up where i made math that are not 100% accurate but still give a good look at how much time you need to spend on missions running to get higher.

It is a case to argue about and of course it goes higher and lower until you find the right amount but and this is not something only i think but other's on the pve server aswell that the decrease in xp on the pve server makes it a longer grind fest

This is a big "maybe". You might also only get just whats needed. That argument is not, as i see it, valid for justifying the decision to apply it for every rank.

The added rick that comes with higher missions in not rewarded, well it is a bit with what 5% more XP?

Added risk? Other than a PvP enemy dropping in, missions have zero risk if you're able to realize you're losing early enough - just sail away.

Well i can understand to decrease missions rewards but i think it is the wrong way for the pve server where missions are the main income for gold and xp

Can't you attack AI fleets?  I know a lot of people that make all of their money cap'ing 3rd rates and then selling them.  Missions don't have to be your main source of income.

• Like 2

Labor hours are universal across all servers. Otherwise you will level up 4 times faster. 

There are only 2 choices

• Sync craft XP and labor hours
  • or not sync craft XP at all. 

Because getting craft xp is hard (if not harder) than battle XP we believe it should be synced with labor hours -providing flexibility AND limiting exploits.. 

If you can't transfer resources or ships between servers, sync craft XP and Labor hours is NOT an exploit....Rethink your response.

Crafting multiple servers is not just harder ....but near impossible unless your in a large clan.

Sneaky

Can't you attack AI fleets?  I know a lot of people that make all of their money cap'ing 3rd rates and then selling them.  Missions don't have to be your main source of income.

Of course it is possible to attack 3rd rates and then sell them but you need to have a group of player with higher ships, the problem on the pve server is that the overall player rank (i can only say that for pirates) is reither low than high

yeah that gets old on a pve server try it som time

I go commerce raiding on the PVP server I am on already. I realise you say PVE though commerce raiding against NPC traders is the same no matter the server. Now indeed it does get old at times though I've done missions too and these can get old also. Other than maybe on PVP not getting any money on commerce raiding an NPC trader due to "some" enemy players turning up.

Is it preferable to earn less than someone else when you have the more monotonous job with more hours. As that's what your implying.

I'm not sure which methods you find there is to considerably make money other than trade, crafting and PvP.

A couple ways that I can think of...

For low level players (who aren't doing the 5k missions yet), attacking trade ships and selling the goods and ship at the port can be profitable.  The ship will get you about 3k, and the goods will usually be at least that much in addition.

For higher level players who like to do missions, you can make a lot of money by capturing the enemy ships instead of sinking them.

For higher level players who don't like missions (like me), you can do PvE missions.

As far as I know, you can do all of these things on both PvP and PvE servers.

How does the crafting level is tied to steam ? Highest crafting level of all characters I hope ? I can delete my highest crafter without the risk of downgrade ?

Has anyone actually done the nation change under this new patch? Did it work? I am afraid to try.

It should work ok i believe. but if bugs happen we will fix them. 

Max crafting level is saved for steam ID not player name.

Whatever the changes are, certain people will moan, sometimes you can't win. However I personally believe the recent changes to be positive, the game's approaching a more and more stable state and I'm really looking forward to when new content starts rolling in. Thank you for the patch.

In general good changes, although can see mission gold and xp might need tweaking still.

Is there any plan to create something akin to a 'character history' per server that can be viewed by other players? The changes to character linking are welcome, but it won't take long for the trolls and scammers to exploit the obvious loopholes in the system to either grief or rip off other players. At least if we could see all the names a person had played under on a server it might limit this somewhat.

Sorry to break it to you, but because Cayman Brac is remotely near British ports there are buy contracts up for all shipbuilding materials there as well :D Same boat as Sweden by the sounds of it. I know some factions aren't having as much trouble but around UK waters it's buy contract central, you are incredibly lucky to get any materials dropped by the Port.

There is even a guy who has placed buy contracts for as much stone as possible around Kingston after buying up all the stone in port. Last I checked stone blocks were 145 apiece. I'm sure there are some ports where you can still get stone blocks but I'm half tempted to join him and get some guys together to multi buy contract the shit out of a single resource and force prices up to the moon. Then people will know pain.

You can increase production all you like but it really is the buy contract system nomming up everything a port produces that is causing these "shortages". I wouldn't be surprised if the people selling it are sitting on loads of units and there isn't an actual shortage per se, merely all the resources in the hands of people who resell at inflated prices in capital cities.

harryenfieldloadsamoney.gif

This was actually part of the point with my post. We can do three hour sailing tours to other places to place contracts, but no matter where we go it will be pointless. Someone else will already be there. We even had clan members sailing to Mexico early on to secure buttloads of crafting goods, but after a while those markets were dried out by local clans too. Clans with less than 4-5 hours to sail to get there.

Because all available ports (read 'Free Towns', since there almost aren't any neutral ports left in existence) already are exploited by local forces that means that there's no point in going outside of one's own 'local zone', ergo the Swedes are trapped with 5 Hemp-producing ports, plus whatever can be found in Plymouth if there happens to be a nice Frenchie coming to sell.

Commander

• photo-thumb-5952.jpg?_r=1445374073
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,267 posts

Posted Today, 01:08 PM

admin, on 12 Feb 2016 - 1:01 PM, said:snapback.png

PvE server has a lot less conflict and eventually you will stop losing ships at all once you get some experience and upgraded vessels. You basically do not lose money there (i hope). 

I hope someday AI aggressiveness will be back, at least on the PvE server.

Hopefully back on PVP server too as long as your not attacked just before maintenance by AI

Edited by _X_Apophis_X_

• So now its impossible to make money with repair kits costing a possible 3000 gold.     you make 2000 gold a mission.....  missions are now not worth it based on time taken

You will make 5000 for the mission plus what you make from the actual battle. In a 4th rate battle you should sail out with another 3000+. Now that repair kits do 40% to repairs you should only be using about 1-2 per mission, even if you use both kits instead of visiting a port for repairs you will profit 4000+.

People please keep in mind that this is alpha and early access, we are playing this game so that the devs can balance the economy. The diplomacy system alone is going to change the face of this game when it comes to trading and economy. Not to mention the new ships they will be introducing.

this 5k cap was the wrong move its only going to make players leave the game until they fix the gold system, plus dont give that damage bonus BS do you know how long that will take for a low level like me to even purchase a larger ships.