Game-Labs Forum

Make labour generation scale to your level

I thought this was already how it worked but I've been informed that labour per hour is a static amount. I really feel it should be a sliding scale based on your crafting level. That way it takes just as long for you to cap out regardless of your cap, this would give higher level crafters more hours to play with each day as a reward for their efforts. As someone who really focuses on crafting (lvl 32 so far) I'm spending most of my time waiting for labour to build up rather than doing what I enjoy which is crafting things for people. I've got a 3-4 day waiting list most of the time, a sliding scale would allow me to meet a few orders a bit faster.

• Like 2

Waiting for hours is the least of my frustrations. Hunting for and getting resources to my warehouse is 100 times more boring and tedious.

I want easy tp back. So I can have more fun while I do the crafting grind. I understand why some of the leading crafters from last round has dropped the ball this time. I don't understand why it is a good thing that crafting is designed to include repetitive boredom.

We can at least go out and fight while we wait for hours, I see no problem there.

• Like 1

It's could be a representation of greater efficiency due to higher skill level. That's the reason given for the higher cap as well.

As it stands now as a crafter that plays every day the higher cap doesn't really help much. I still need to wait just as long as someone at lvl 1. The higher cap does mean I can make the ships that require more hours but as for efficiency it doesn't really help me.

Maybe Build Structures in ports that help with labor hour regen, ie Housing upgrades, Bath houses, entertainment, etc

I'm really hoping so and sort of expecting they'll give some sort of efficiency bonus either to hours regen or cost per action. 

• 3 weeks later...

Work hours should not have increased generation at a high level. They are there to to ensure that when you're making ships of the line you need to rely on lower level crafters to make the components and notes to build them at the same pace as you could build mid-sized ships. Giving high level crafters more hours breaks that.

The whole point of crafting hours is so that crafters rely on each other. It creates the basis for making a crafting guild or trade between crafters. Asking for more hours is basically asking for high end crafting to be turned into a solo activity, when the whole point of hours is that doing things alone isn't the most efficient way.

• Like 1