Game-Labs Forum

Gotta love Politics and Drama, PVP2 server. Story of a Player and a big bus.

Rebel Witch

So this morning i logged on to the game to craft a bit after work, was greeted by one of the top guys in my clan CKA before i logged off to get some rest. You see, there has been a big war going on in pvp2 between britain and the pirates mainly with all others taking sides. Cordova said hello to me while i was still in CKA clan, didnt make any gesture to talk about something important for the 10 min i was online. So it was to my surprise when 7 hours later i wake up, log on and in ts i was told i was accused of helping the pirates and they had already kicked me out of CKA. One of the three builders of CKA.

CKA is the largest clan for Britain and i have to say it has been a pleasure for several months helping to build the clan up, meet dudes and I think most people know me as a happy go lucky friendly guy.

I was the "number2" diplomat for CKA about a month ago. My position was that Britain should ally with the danes and the pirates because they were strong and i knew jamaica was in danger if we fight them. However the number1 diplo in CKA had other ideas. Which is all well and good..until he accused me of being a traitor for not agreeing.

The problem with games and game politics is that when you speak your opinion and it does not jive with the "popular" opinion, it can cause misunderstanding or drama. So, the head guy of CKA thought my opinion to work things out with the pirates diplomatically was downright treason. I recognized that drama was building so i told the clan leader i am done doing diplomat stuff to avoid any further drama and that i will take a break from game to let the war drum dust settle a bit. I also had just returned from an awesome vacation and doing more RL stuff was more interesting to me than 10 hours in naval action every other day.

The whispers and rumors must have been flying for a couple of weeks because when i logged back in today, i was kicked from CKA clan and the leader shuhac politely told me that many people were convinced i was a spy working for the pirates! GASP!!

So, several months of complete loyalty to one of the best clans and nations in naval action went poof all for misunderstandings, politics, drama and pixel ports.

There is so much more to the story of course but i wont go into it here because who wants to read that boring crap anyways.

The reason i write this is to first say, it has been a pleasure CKA and Britain. You may think i am a spy, you may have thrown me under the bus of pixel power suspicion but alas i will continue to play the game to have fun. So good luck with your war against the pirates, and for those who know me and believe i am innocent of CKA's accusation of helping the pirates, hope to see you around for some fun now and then.

One thing i must agree with the BLACK pirates on now is, Cordova has a pretty big knife, ow my back! How did i get under this Bus?

See you around guys, keep having fun!!

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 2

There are a LOT of clan drama and politics...gotta love the internet. I am totally sympathetic to your plight - I was one of three who founded USS on the PVP2 server in the beginning, and we were one of the big dogs.

But, people's feelings got hurt and they left to either go pirate or create their own clan. I wonder how that worked out for them...!

So, I've come to the conclusion that while there are some benefits to being in a clan, it's fine to just be a lone wolf and work with everyone. I find much more fulfillment out of being loyal to the nation than just a clan with its petty politics anyway.

Smooth sailing and maybe I'll see you out there.

There are a LOT of clan drama and politics...gotta love the internet. I am totally sympathetic to your plight - I was one of three who founded USS on the PVP2 server in the beginning, and we were one of the big dogs.

But, people's feelings got hurt and they left to either go pirate or create their own clan. I wonder how that worked out for them...!

So, I've come to the conclusion that while there are some benefits to being in a clan, it's fine to just be a lone wolf and work with everyone. I find much more fulfillment out of being loyal to the nation than just a clan with its petty politics anyway.

Loyalty to the nation and not the clan, very well said sir!  I was very surprised, i never saw it coming because i had spent soooo much time helping CKA, recruited so many, helped them out, did missions and so much pvp for them. Then BAM, ejected , rejected. It is yet another lesson of the silly drama and politics of nerd boy politics of which i delved into too much, trusting my efforts would be appreciated, all for naught.

It is also a lesson that regardless of clan, the game is still a great big world of fun where all players can enjoy the game play. I think i will make a new clan for more casual players , yeah that will help my back heal a bit :)

Man that sux Rebel, guess you know how Pirates felt when Cordova double crossed us as allies and secretly making deals with US. It's why we have relentlessly camped KPR till he mans up and apologizes. We know he won't but we will still be at KPR.

To be accused of anything without proof is highschool drama and not warranted. Making accusations to make yourself look like a leader is even worse. Honesty and integrity is what makes a leader. There's are the things CKA lack. There's so much more I can say but just like real life the shit talkers and liars have there moment and then it all comes back down on them.

Guess now people can see and understand why the Pirates are at war with Britain. Bring on the port wipe I say and we will see how GB does.

Rebel just do your own thing play GB or re-roll another nation. Heck even go Pirate and not worry about ports and stuff after port wipe and just hit players and harass.

• Like 2

It worked out well. Although, there's only 3 of us left that log onto pvp2 with any regularity.

Edited by Ser_Slack

Man that sux Rebel, guess you know how Pirates felt when Cordova double crossed us as allies and secretly making deals with US. It's why we have relentlessly camped KPR till he mans up and apologizes. We know he won't but we will still be at KPR.

To be accused of anything without proof is highschool drama and not warranted. Making accusations to make yourself look like a leader is even worse. Honesty and integrity is what makes a leader. There's are the things CKA lack. There's so much more I can say but just like real life the shit talkers and liars have there moment and then it all comes back down on them.

Guess now people can see and understand why the Pirates are at war with Britain. Bring on the port wipe I say and we will see how GB does.

Rebel just do your own thing play GB or re-roll another nation. Heck even go Pirate and not worry about ports and stuff after port wipe and just hit players and harass.

While I don't know the specific details regarding Cordova double crosses etc., the fact that Pirates are now jumping into newbie GB's missions and attacking cutters and brigs is detrimental to new joiners. I personally have seen a DEVIL ranked member of WHORE in a Trinc attacking an Ensign in an undercrewed Navy Brig - twice. It strikes me as contrary to the "working to build the server" mentality I've often seen touted on these forums, while also being contrary to the "looking for a good fight" excuse I've also seen used by Pirates outside KPR. I find it equally "high school drama" to be punishing new players for some guy's broken promises and a detriment to the PVP2 server in general. 

Maybe that's the strategy? Depopulate the GB nation (and thus lower the PVP2 server pop even more..) because Pirates are almost 2 months into being butthurt over some guy's lies/doublecrosses/plots/whatever? If you're having a hard time finding a good fight now, keep sinking newbies while they are trying to do their missions outside KPR and see what the server looks like. It's gonna be hard to blame Cordova for that.. 

• Like 1

While I don't know the specific details regarding Cordova double crosses etc., the fact that Pirates are now jumping into newbie GB's missions and attacking cutters and brigs is detrimental to new joiners. I personally have seen a DEVIL ranked member of WHORE in a Trinc attacking an Ensign in an undercrewed Navy Brig - twice. It strikes me as contrary to the "working to build the server" mentality I've often seen touted on these forums, while also being contrary to the "looking for a good fight" excuse I've also seen used by Pirates outside KPR. I find it equally "high school drama" to be punishing new players for some guy's broken promises and a detriment to the PVP2 server in general.

Maybe that's the strategy? Depopulate the GB nation (and thus lower the PVP2 server pop even more..) because Pirates are almost 2 months into being butthurt over some guy's lies/doublecrosses/plots/whatever? If you're having a hard time finding a good fight now, keep sinking newbies while they are trying to do their missions outside KPR and see what the server looks like. It's gonna be hard to blame Cordova for that..

Is that the poor new players being attacked while all the British rear admirals sat in port waiting for him to die so they could gank the attacker?

Or wad it the noob who is the alt of thr rear admirals who are cowardly sitting in port?

Or mayne its the noob alt of a rear admiral with 4 crafting notes in his hull screaming dont attack me im a noob !

Or was it the noob who ask for help from rear admirals but was met with crickets and had to play alone?

Every sigle player new and old that swaps to pirates say the same thing about british and US players. You wont help or work with them anf completely ignored them if they didnt join your clan. Maybe it was one of those noobs

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

Dude get your facts straight. Not 2 months it's 2 weeks. Also when a Victory got jumped in the Capital area and the Victory asked for help Cordova told him we ain't coming to help that's your problem. Wow what a comment from a leader. I can tell you when a Brit got jumped at Mort green zone 12 Pirates came out after him.

Yeah it's a tactic to camp KPR, for so long you guys had it good with BLACK clan looking after you in the alliance. Heck when noobs would start Pirate we would say don't attack Brit except for Doomed clan they are outlaws. So now we camp KPR smashing everything. We thought your Rear Admirals would come and help your low levels but all they do is put the call out and say sit in port. These are your leaders making these calls and breaking alliances and even US is taking what was Brit ports. How's the alliance going lol.

Look just because it says Rear Admiral does not mean you have to stay at the back in every fight. We are open for renogotiations but your leaders want nothing of it. So for now the blockade will continue. You had your safe time. It's a pity the one guy who started it can fix it. We just want to see him be a man. Does he need a telescope to find his, well you know what I mean.

• Like 1

I was one of the diplomats for CKA and cordova asked me on occasions to help with diplomacy, ideas, opinions. I tried to stay honest, sometimes funny (they didnt like my sucking cock jokes) and i wasnt a bobble head , i spoke my mind. So when i saw cordova constantly siding with badbenny i voiced opposition to it. Cordova and i fully supported the agreement we had with BLACK, i knew black was uber leet players not to be messed with, i care about britains interests so i wanted them as friends. so when i returned home from a week vacation to find out we were now at war with BLACK and rumors were cordova stabbed black in the back. I remained neutral because i didnt know the truth, i supported cordova but also asked him to negotiate peace with BLACK because i knew it was bad news for britain.

cordova got mad at me for negotiating with BLACK, he told me i was playing both sides and he went off on me about how he wasnt a coward etc. i was like, dude.. i am CKA, i am your bro but lets be real, war with BLACK is not in our favor lets end this. he refused.

after cordova made a comment to me playing both sides i knew the drama was building and i told shuhac (cka leader) i was done as a diplomat and was taking a break from game, i do fun in game not drama.

so after a week or so of not playing much, it was a big shock that shuhac and cordova kicked me from cka and claimed i was a spy.

someone told me today that there was proof floating around that i was trying to recruit people away from cka into my own clan. i said prove it because i was innocent. and even if there was some recording of me doing that nonsense how does it make me a spy to break away from cka?

cordova, shuhac and myself formed CKA and built it as a the player freedom clan after big drama in britain. i never thought cordova would become the next paranoid tyrant that would throw britain into chaos more so than ever before. he has a lot to answer for, he should be ashamed of how i was treated and i definitely think he needs to get laid and go do some RL stuff more. cordova was my best friend in the game, i was stunned when he kicked me from CKA and called me a spy. never saw it coming, wonder if he is proud of himself?

I will say this about badbenny, he is a fun guy to play with but man is he bad news for britain. badbenny is for badbenny i called him out on his shenanigans early on and protested cordova cozzying up to him. At the end of the day i am only one player, one diplomat so cordova got his way and britain went to bed with the dutch (badbenny abandoned britain to play dutch) yet cordova loves badbenny and im a spy... funny how that works.

Edited by Rebel Witch

I will say this about badbenny, he is a fun guy to play with but man is he bad news for britain. badbenny is for badbenny i called him out on his shenanigans early on and protested cordova cozzying up to him. At the end of the day i am only one player, one diplomat so cordova got his way and britain went to bed with the dutch (badbenny abandoned britain to play dutch) yet cordova loves badbenny and im a spy... funny how that works.

I related a story on another thread of how I was attacked by a Royal Navy Constitution and Essex when I was in a Constitution. In one of my greatest victories, I managed to rake and destroy the stern of the British Const killing about 25 men, and blew up the Essex - all while sustaining about 7% damage to my sails and no hull damage whatsoever. The British Constitution ran shortly after.

Badbenny was the Essex.

(After coming out of the battle I was set upon by a much larger British fleet which chased me down and eventually dismasted and captured me, but it was worth it.

Like minds will go together I'm afraid.

Benny was a problem even back when I was in AUS, Britain pvp2.  

He joined the clan, then promptly had a fit because he got ganked at tumbado and none of us went to help him as we had burned our teleport (before the age of free outpost porting).

He then formed is own 'clan' and proceeded to screw over Sweden & France through continued actions, and did not even attempt to hide his blatant racism towards the danes.

I have not met cordova. But from what I have heard I do not want to. Drama is the bane of the server. Too much imo.

Hope things get better for you RebelWitch, keep battling brother o7 

• Like 3

Dude get your facts straight. Not 2 months it's 2 weeks. Also when a Victory got jumped in the Capital area and the Victory asked for help Cordova told him we ain't coming to help that's your problem. Wow what a comment from a leader. I can tell you when a Brit got jumped at Mort green zone 12 Pirates came out after him.

Yeah it's a tactic to camp KPR, for so long you guys had it good with BLACK clan looking after you in the alliance. Heck when noobs would start Pirate we would say don't attack Brit except for Doomed clan they are outlaws. So now we camp KPR smashing everything. We thought your Rear Admirals would come and help your low levels but all they do is put the call out and say sit in port. These are your leaders making these calls and breaking alliances and even US is taking what was Brit ports. How's the alliance going lol.

Look just because it says Rear Admiral does not mean you have to stay at the back in every fight. We are open for renogotiations but your leaders want nothing of it. So for now the blockade will continue. You had your safe time. It's a pity the one guy who started it can fix it. We just want to see him be a man. Does he need a telescope to find his, well you know what I mean.

I fought like hell to save that Ensign. I stayed on that Trinc's stern in my Rattlesnake and could have raked him all night long until I boarded him, but since he jumped into that newbie's Fleet Order I also had to contend with 3 AI ships getting in the way as well so I had to bail after the Ensign got sunk. So yeah, I don't just sit back and do nothing. That being said I'm not fool enough to think that taking a 1st rate out by myself to engage the Pirate fleet hanging off KPR is going to be anything but a slaughter, and with the few hours I have a week to game I'd rather play a game I have a fighting chance at winning - as would most people. So instead they sit in port or they go play other games and the server pop dwindles and some blame "Rear Admirals" for not wanting to lose ships to a fleet or it seems they blame Cordova. 

Is the issue here really all falling on Cordova, who was not elected leader of GB nor spokesman for my clan at least? Or is it that Pirate Politics - which clearly are a thing - are in fact broken because agreements can be made by one man and broken at a whim with repercussions that are completely beyond only those making the agreements? 

I get that you are pissed, I'm pissed and it sounds like lots of other people are pissed. Surely there can be a better solution than what we have now? 

Edited by Bjerg Bjergsson

To solve this shenanigan I have a radical suggestion to Britain - 

Get all of the major clans to actually talk to each other and decide on a course of action regarding the current situation.

Collaborate & Work with each other to achieve a common goal - Being petty and vindictive should not be a priority among the leadership of Britain.

The priority should be to actually strive to not loose Jamaica every three bloody days.

• Like 4

To solve this shenanigan I have a radical suggestion to Britain - 

Get all of the major clans to actually talk to each other and decide on a course of action regarding the current situation.

Collaborate & Work with each other to achieve a common goal - Being petty and vindictive should not be a priority among the leadership of Britain.

The priority should be to actually strive to not loose Jamaica every three bloody days.

Tried to talk to Cordova but he wont come to the party. We even asked for a new clan or leader to be diplomat on behalf of GB and talk and nothing.

• Like 1

I fought like hell to save that Ensign. I stayed on that Trinc's stern in my Rattlesnake and could have raked him all night long until I boarded him, but since he jumped into that newbie's Fleet Order I also had to contend with 3 AI ships getting in the way as well so I had to bail after the Ensign got sunk. So yeah, I don't just sit back and do nothing. That being said I'm not fool enough to think that taking a 1st rate out by myself to engage the Pirate fleet hanging off KPR is going to be anything but a slaughter, and with the few hours I have a week to game I'd rather play a game I have a fighting chance at winning - as would most people. So instead they sit in port or they go play other games and the server pop dwindles and some blame "Rear Admirals" for not wanting to lose ships to a fleet or it seems they blame Cordova. 

Is the issue here really all falling on Cordova, who was not elected leader of GB nor spokesman for my clan at least? Or is it that Pirate Politics - which clearly are a thing - are in fact broken because agreements can be made by one man and broken at a whim with repercussions that are completely beyond only those making the agreements? 

I get that you are pissed, I'm pissed and it sounds like lots of other people are pissed. Surely there can be a better solution than what we have now? 

RE: Sitting back and doing nothing

You may not sit back and do nothing, but you've got a lot of "countrymen" who sure do. Hell, seems a Trader's Lynx sitting directly in front of KPR is enough to cause some Brits to fear what Kraken may be lurking unseen. (Fear is a wonderful weapon)

RE: Politics

Seems we've got a decent analogue of 18th Century politics going on then, where the choices of the "powerful" few quite often had far reaching consequences on the many.

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich
  • Like 1

Point of the matter is, you cannot make a deal and go back on your word. If he didnt want the agreement he could have came on ts and said guys alliance is over we are at war. Simple. But he choose to deceive us and for two days prior had arranged a non aggression pact with US. At the time Brits stopped hitting US ports too. The other factor that kicked it off was that I spoke to Cordova about Corrientes and he said they want it. I said if you guys aint hitting it can we have it till we get a jump off point at Conttoy. He said ok. I said when we have Conttoy you can have Corrientes and he said yes. I even told him if you screen for us we can get Conttoy quicker as we had alot of US presence there. He said he was coming. Never showed. Then that day he takes Corrientes off us. 

Upon questioning his tactics and making a deal with US (confirmed by 3 US clans) he said I can do what I want for GB. I said as allies why arent you being clear, and he said I do what I want. So in turn he made a deal with our enemy in turn put his nation enemy with Pirates.

Now alot of Pirates are pissed and mostly our clan who for a long time gave up time to screen for GB and who knows if boats were lost in the process. I cant recall. But we got alot of ports back for GB upon Cordovas request as they couldnt push US back. 

Like I said we have tried to talk, and Vulna tried to be the bigger man, apologising on his behalf and then gets called a traitor. But Cordova fuct this he can fix this. Simple.

Our tactics to disrupt Brit economy and take boats and sink ALL will stay till demands are met.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 1

And this isn't just a problem in one Nation or group.  Drama is all over the server and will never go away, but the problem is a lot of it is fueled around certain people and a lot of it is based off false facts too.

Drama is the bane of the server. Too much imo.

Point of the matter is, you cannot make a deal and go back on your word. If he didnt want the agreement he could have came on ts and said guys alliance is over we are at war. Simple. But he choose to deceive us and for two days prior had arranged a non aggression pact with US. At the time Brits stopped hitting US ports too. The other factor that kicked it off was that I spoke to Cordova about Corrientes and he said they want it. I said if you guys aint hitting it can we have it till we get a jump off point at Conttoy. He said ok. I said when we have Conttoy you can have Corrientes and he said yes. I even told him if you screen for us we can get Conttoy quicker as we had alot of US presence there. He said he was coming. Never showed. Then that day he takes Corrientes off us. 

Upon questioning his tactics and making a deal with US (confirmed by 3 US clans) he said I can do what I want for GB. I said as allies why arent you being clear, and he said I do what I want. So in turn he made a deal with our enemy in turn put his nation enemy with Pirates.

Now alot of Pirates are pissed and mostly our clan who for a long time gave up time to screen for GB and who knows if boats were lost in the process. I cant recall. But we got alot of ports back for GB upon Cordovas request as they couldnt push US back. 

Like I said we have tried to talk, and Vulna tried to be the bigger man, apologising on his behalf and then gets called a traitor. But Cordova fuct this he can fix this. Simple.

Our tactics to disrupt Brit economy and take boats and sink ALL will stay till demands are met.

And if I remember right when they hit Corrientes it was while we where in a big battle with the US so we couldn't even defend it.  It's a tatict that a lot of them like to use cause they know BLACK doesn't have the numbers alone to defend several ports. 

As for the OP sorry to hear about the DRAMA.  We really don't need spies or such cause it seems the actions of certain players in the game are the best we had for recruitment of new pirates and pushing to break up other folks alliances.   I'm starting to wonder when folks are going to think US having a good chunk of old Brit ports isn't exactly a good thing.   We all know they like to have them dots all over the map, who to say they will stop at just keeping the GoM or any other place as there ports?   Sooner or later some one is going to turn on another and there will be no more peace/alliance.  You would actually think the two largest nations should be the ones at war with each other not in an alliance.

• Like 1

Ridiculous, when I was GB George Town & Placer were two ports that we always defended & hastened to recap if the Americans took them. 

Now they are happily given to the Americans by CKA. Forgive me, but that is the work of a fool. From my time fighting the Americans as GB and Spain one thing remained certain - USA cannot be trusted. Ever.

Bah! Who am I to say anything; I'm just a Swede/Spaniard who's seen this happen 16 times!

No matter my dear friends, soon the betrayer shalt become the betrayed.

• Like 3

Stop trying to push out the leadership you dont agree with. Its fact that pirates and ex-WATCH members talked about getting rid of GB leadership for awhile just because Cordova wouldn't play ball.

Hmm , let see.

Alliance with Pirates= 30+ ports given / help take to GB until betrayed for no reason

Alliance with US= US takes our ports in Cuba and provides nothing.

Of course you want an alliance with GB, so we stopped taking your land. Your deal is nothing more than a backdoor deal with Cordova  , Not GB. And now you all are gaming the politics tab to get it. CKA is about the only ones that an alliance with you. The only ones that alliance is good for is you. Your part of our problem.

• Like 2