Game-Labs Forum

Push player outside battle circle

Gamover

You were trapped and as the result had nowhere really to go but out, this is why the circle is created to stop players running just to run the timer down and still remain the victor of the port battles, if it wasnt for the damage bug the port would have been won by the British, 14 pirate deaths v 5 British deaths and 2 game crashes, so it was a decisive victory to the RN, the PB mechanics needs a little work to fix it

This game not about battle circle, mates. I had one fight, where enemy where trying to not let me come back to battle area, using actually not cannons for winning, but magic circle. And i had few fights, where circle forces me to loose, locking my ship with enemy forces. Circle is bad and wrong thing and I believe, players action, like using circle to block players outside, should be forbidden.

• Like 1

Maybe an alternative might be that instead of the circle sinking you, it simply stop counting your BR for the BR Difference as soon as you exit. This way you wont loose ships because of it, but being forced away from the 'objective' could still loose you the battle.

• Like 3

Yes, It was my mistake that I was so close to cirlce on my right side and had so much enemy on my left side, but brits made mistake too, and I got chance to turn a bit outside circle and may gone away. But when I try do it consti go out of circle and ram me on full speed, so I wasted ~3 min and die outside circle. I think It isn't cool, my right side has 80% so if I turned, I got good chance to stay alive for a long time. 

I watched the entire thing from above (since I was dead due to "client.exe" crash).

There was some yardarm to yardarm action sure, but the real reason you went outside the circle is that you appeared to be desperately trying to get away from the withering gunfire of 4 enemy ships (inc 2 SOL's) trying to sink you.

Why you then stayed outside the circle for the 5 min. is something known only to you.

I watched the entire thing from above (since I was dead due to "client.exe" crash).

There was some yardarm to yardarm action sure, but the real reason you went outside the circle is that you appeared to be desperately trying to get away from the withering gunfire of 4 enemy ships (inc 2 SOL's) trying to sink you.

Why you then stayed outside the circle for the 5 min. is something known only to you.

I stayed outside the circle, beacuse consti ram me on full speed, so I lost my speed for turning, and waste time for let him go forward and left and wind changed at that moment (my "luck" always with me xD). I think we shouldn'd punish anybody for it, but this situation may be exploit in future when big ship push smaller ship outside the circle or like it was yesterday small ship ram bigger ship when it's turn.

Well, going further, it happens, can give you win. I rly had situation, where circle was only reason, why my Santa was defeated and its not about kite. Just about wind and armor on your sides. Trouble is, that Circle is easy to enter and hard to come back. Most of players never going into circle counter to wind direction  :lol:  When you try to come back, your ship moves like pregnant cow, specially if you sail on SOL. It won't fight normally, going back <_< . And then you can see this circle run from you faster than you can catch it. Many times i saw players, who continue to fight beyond circle and all of them loose ships. It means Circle is huge Inconvenience. It will be more significant, when ships will be more expensive and rare, like SOLS, and will intrude into battle tactic. I try to say: Its bad for gameplay. I think better is let those ships to escape beyond circle or slowdown its reducing, when players detected outside, more time maybe... Or... What if circle will not sink players, who continue to fight? Circle reason is to prevent runners from ethernal run, but circle isn't smart enough to decide where is runner and where is normal figther. But players can do it themselves - they should just stop attack runner and he die there, or continue to fight close to border and noone wil harm from circle.