Game-Labs Forum

Herc and the Boarding mini-game

Angus MacDuff

Question

10 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I don't seem to be able to "Fire Deck Guns" in the boarding mini-game with my Herc.  Is this something im doing wrong?  It works with other ships I use to board.

herc has 3 decks. Many shallow ships just have 1 deck. That means 2 deck difference. With 2 deck difference its not possible to use fire deck guns. You will have no issue when boarding a prince (2 decks).

Regarding LGV = 1 deck vs herc = 3 decks --> 2 deck difference  = no fire deck guns

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I see.  Very strange when the Herc is in fact the smaller ship...but that makes sense.  Thanks. @admin, that seems a bit buggy.  Smaller ship but 3 decks has this impact.

Game rates the height of the ship by its decks. A privateer has same hight as lgv. I am not aware if its a visual thingy as well.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I see.  Very strange when the Herc is in fact the smaller ship...but that makes sense.  Thanks. @admin, that seems a bit buggy.  Smaller ship but 3 decks has this impact.

Z4ys is 100% right here. Deck difference is what does this. You will also have a deck advantage to so your other commands are also more effective. 

• Like 1

Herc actually makes a poor boarder cause of this and many other things like moral hits for folks that stack hammocks and crew space.   So remember that when you go out solo hunting with it or face some one with a bunch of crew.  The deck thing isn't to bad a thing, just got to use Muskets and grenades instead to get the crew/moral down.

• Like 2