Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grundgemunkey

Alt abuse gaining control of port

17 minutes ago, rediii said:

We did it because you forced us to change the nationality of the port so we can defend it.

Its a situation created by you (who said its ok if the port stays british and then US arrived the next day)

How did we force YOU to do anything? It wasn't YOUR port. It was not a DUTCH port therefor as a DUTCH player it is not YOUR responsibility to defend it.

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

there is no rule ... there was no rule about what LV did ... thats why theyy are exploits ... why would you punsish one exploit and not another .... its not like they took all british clans off their friends list by mistake ......just befor dutch attacked what a coincidence

Meh i'll leave you lot argue it out.

My advice. Attack Redii and hash it out with cannons ;) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Dont say that too often or people remember again how russia got the hidden islands from the pirates ... by changing port to their new clan in russia

Was before my time there.  If that was indeed how they got those ports then they should have been returned to the owners of that nation.  Same story when Raxius took Little River off the US.  North eventually made Raxius give LR back to the Americans.  Will you do the same?

It's curious you're ok with using the same tactics as them though.  After all your preaching about Russia's dirty tactics just a couple months ago, you seem to be no better than them.

Sad.  

Edited by Christendom

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Attack it then and see its not zero people

All the british players coming out of their safezone to comment this without being involved

It was ZERO people when you guys took it in the first place becasue your new lackys abused a mechanic to prevent any players joining the battle to defend the port. We have even included a screenshot of it being admitted to.

This is just the tip of an iceberg of the exploitability of this current port-owner mechanics. Would a clan like DNP, VLTRA, WO or HRE switch from one day to another to another nation and do the very same thing HAVOC did here, they have the possibilty to destroy a whole nation within a week.

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

How did we force YOU to do anything? It wasn't YOUR port. It was not a DUTCH port therefor as a DUTCH player it is not YOUR responsibility to defend it.

It was a port of rival and not a GB port. You wanted to give the port to the US (without the agreement of the owning clan) 

deal with it

A basic question has to be answered:

Who owns a port? The nation or the clan?

Where the "owners" of the port using the funds generated from it to attack the Dutch? No they were transferring the money to Dutch players who used it to attack the British

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Was before my time there.  If that was indeed how they got those ports then they should have been returned to the owners of that nation.  Same story when Raxius took Little River off the US.  North eventually made Raxius give LR back to the Americans.  Will you do the same?

It's curious you're ok with using the same tactics as them though.  After all your preaching about Russia's dirty tactics just a couple months ago, you seem to be no better than them.

Sad.  

In my understanding its not a dirty tactic to take the port you actually have control over to your nation.

Its a question if ports are nationowned or clanowned

Where the "owners" of the port using the funds generated from it to attack the Dutch? No they were transferring the money to Dutch players who used it to attack the British

And I could do exactly the same within the nation now too and pay danes to attack dutch with taxes of dutch ports

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

It was a port of rival and not a GB port. You wanted to give the port to the US (without the agreement of the owning clan) 

deal with it

At the end of the day the Tribunal is not about the circumstances of the port of the history behind it. It is about the blatant breach of the rules and the admission of those breaches by those accused. I hope @admin and @Ink remember this fact when making their decision.

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Just now, rediii said:

A basic question has to be answered:

Who owns a port? The nation or the clan?

whos flag does it have ?

Rival were not the only clan to raise hostility for that port or the only players in the port battle when GB took it  ... other GB playesr lost lord protector status and victory marks because Rival decided to go to dutch nation and havoc  ... the honourable thing to to would  have been to set it as nuetral and give those players a chance to fight .... you chose otherwise and decided to abuse a game mechanic .. and gain lord protector status for havoc players without risk

This all seems like a lot of bitching from a group of people who thought they had a plan, and it backfired.

No one complaining about this port had any hand in it’s taking and had no right to it.

If the devs want to input rules, be my guest. But retrospective punishment for something that is not currently against the rules? Don’t be so childish. 

If anything, I would argue that your acts against an existing GB clan and stabbing them in the back by selling their port is more worth while of a tribunal.

Edited by Liam790

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

whos flag does it have ?

Rival were not the only clan to raise hostility for that port or the only players in the port battle when GB took it  ... other GB playesr lost lord protector status and victory marks because Rival decided to go to dutch nation and havoc  ... the honourable thing to to would  have been to set it as nuetral and give those players a chance to fight .... you chose otherwise and decided to abuse a game mechanic .. and gain lord protector status for havoc players without risk

Who can make the port neutral though?

You wanted to give a port of another clan away to another nation. 

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

At the end of the day the Tribunal is not about the circumstances of the port of the history behind it. It is about the blatant breach of the rules and the admission of those breaches by those accused. I hope @admin and @Ink remember this fact.

You see it as a breach, I see a lack of mechanics in transfering port ownership.

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

In my understanding its not a dirty tactic to take the port you actually have control over to your nation.

Its a question if ports are nationowned or clanowned

I would just change that to the question is 

nationowned clanowned or alt clanowned.

1 minute ago, Liam790 said:

This all seems like a lot of bitching from a group of people who thought they had a plan, and it backfired.

No one complaining about this port had any hand in it’s taking and had no right to it.

If the devs want to input rules, be my guest. But retrospective punishment for something that is not currently against the rules? Don’t be so childish. 

Admission of being someone's alt is within itself an offence, use of an alt to to deny RvR in this manner itself is an offence 

Spain did the same with Russia more than one time, you did nothing then.

Just now, rediii said:

You see it as a breach, I see a lack of mechanics in transfering port ownership.

the clan in question were alts of dutch players .. your talking as though we betrayed them when the reverse is fact ...

You are being very selective of which parts of the tribunal post you choose to defend, I suspect in an attempt to confuse the issue and draw the devs attention away from the rules that have been clearly broken

Just now, Cabral said:

ports of spanish clans that were not ok with the trade? Then its their problem to not do something against it

You are being very selective of which parts of the tribunal post you choose to defend, I suspect in an attempt to confuse the issue and draw the devs attention away from the rules that have been clearly broken

Which rules are broken? A clan, alts or not, removed ofher clans from friendlist so they cant defend. Get a confirmation of this being a rulebreak and we can go to prefriendlist state and have alts in pbs again

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

the clan in question were alts of dutch players .. your talking as though we betrayed them when the reverse is fact ...

the port stayed british until you wanted to have the port. We had no plan to go there as dutch but that made us go there. That's the fact

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

nothing wrong with transfer of port ownership between nations ,,it happens every week in NA......but the nations involved have a choice tro do this  ..... your clans GB alts took GBs choice away by abusing mechanics

ports of spanish clans that were not ok with the trade? Then its their problem to not do something against it

Which rules are broken? A clan, alts or not, removed ofher clans from friendlist so they cant defend. Get a confirmation of this being a rulebreak and we can go to prefriendlist state and have alts in pbs again

Admission of being an somebody's alt is an offence as already stated by the devs. Using an alt to deny RvR is an offence. Where is the confusion here?

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

nothing wrong with transfer of port ownership between nations ,,it happens every week in NA......but the nations involved have a choice tro do this  ..... your clans GB alts took GBs choice away by abusing mechanics

Who exactly is GB? You are not. Or is there a ingame vote on who controls the nation?

4 minutes ago, Cabral said:

They cried that we destroyed their nation a few weeks later.

Justice is certain, it might just take some time 👮‍♀️