Game-Labs Forum

Alt abuse gaining control of port

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

dont listen to Redii hes just trying to cover his tracks by making out we are upset about losing the port... this has nothing to do with the tribunal

You'd have to be blind and have the empathetic skills of a tree not to see the Emotional reaction of Brits flying around here.

2 minutes ago, staun said:

Devs have all ready told handing over ports is ok. King of clows made a triburial. About Spain and Russia. They said it was ok gameplay.

Think Christandom had to alts used in the multi flip agains britts in the shallow. Devs said it was ok, as long as they didn’t fight each other.

all the answers are in this thread, just look. It might stink, But as legal, well devs have allready ruled it fair and part on how they like the game to be.

Except I wasn't taking ports from one character to another and using mechanics to exclude members of either nation from participating in those battles.  This is an apples and oranges type of comparison here.  My US character was used to grind up ports at 7am along with 20 other members of the US while my Russian character remained offline and wasn't anywhere near or actively involved.  I keep the division of the 2 characters so great in fact that when the US attacked a Russian port on a different occasion, I did not participate on either side.  This was all deemed acceptable behavior because the interests of my 2 characters did not align and I wasn't manipulating RVR.

The current situation here is a bunch of alts continue ownership of a port, kick out friendly clans off the roster and then grind up the port with their mains in a different nation and have more or less, an empty port battle.  This is a textbook case of RVR manipulation between alt characters.  I don't care what nations have done it in the past, but it needs to be dealt with now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

You ARE mad that your plan didnt work and you lost st. louis (which you defended by setting impossible timers for us) on top of it.

If you would like to have the port you would be ok with the current situation because you can attack the port now which you couldnt do when the port had a british flag

what has st louis got to with anything .certainly not this tribunal the port was taken by french ... no where in my original post and complaint  do i mention st louis ....

again your making a big song and dance about we can now attack bluefields ... and so we can if we wish to

however the original tribunal post is about dutch players using GB alts to deny us rvr and the ability to defend Gb ports

how havoc used Gb alts to set themselves up with risk free  port battle and farm lord protector status and the victory marks that come with that status

any other rubbish you have a theory on isnt relevant

your desperate in your posts toside track the relevant issues ... why is that

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

You'd have to be blind and have the empathetic skills of a tree not to see the Emotional reaction of Brits flying around here.

No, we are pissed that people (of all nations)  can openly defy and twist the rules in front of everybody and people running the game do not appear to give two shits about it. THIS is just one of many examples of how the game is a free for all in terms of what is considered acceptable. Whether it be CHEATING to keep a port from being fought over or the blatant alt farming that still goes on every day. Or the fact that you can say pretty much whatever you want in the chats with no consequence. It is creating a very unpleasant environment to be playing and it is only getting worse as more people leave the game and  @admin and @Ink need to reign it in dramatically before it kills the game altogether. 

Edited by NethrosDefectus

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

Fact: Port was owned by Rival

FACT: RIVAL is a clan made up EXCLUSIVELY of the alts of HAVOC members. By HAVOC setting up a port battle against RIVAL they essentially set up a port battle against themselves or in other words their own alts. In this case I propose that this is in fact a confirmed case of ALT FARMING. If alt farming for PvP marks is a punishable offence then alt farming for Victory Marks and a port MUST be considered a punishable offence!

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

No, we are pissed that people (of all nations)  can openly defy and twist the rules in front of everybody and people running the game do not appear to give two shits about it. THIS is just one of many examples of how the game is a free for all in terms of what is considered acceptable. Whether it be CHEATING to keep a port from being fought over or the blatant alt farming that still goes on every day. Or the fact that you can say pretty much whatever you want in the chats with no consequence. It is creating a very unpleasant environment to be playing and it is only getting worse as more people leave the game and  @admin and @Ink need to reign it in dramatically before it kills the game altogether. 

Don't over react. This wont kill the game my friend.

PS
We don't know if any rules have been broken...... yet

44 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Except I wasn't taking ports from one character to another and using mechanics to exclude members of either nation from participating in those battles.  This is an apples and oranges type of comparison here.  My US character was used to grind up ports at 7am along with 20 other members of the US while my Russian character remained offline and wasn't anywhere near or actively involved.  I keep the division of the 2 characters so great in fact that when the US attacked a Russian port on a different occasion, I did not participate on either side.  This was all deemed acceptable behavior because the interests of my 2 characters did not align and I wasn't manipulating RVR.

The current situation here is a bunch of alts continue ownership of a port, kick out friendly clans off the roster and then grind up the port with their mains in a different nation and have more or less, an empty port battle.  This is a textbook case of RVR manipulation between alt characters.  I don't care what nations have done it in the past, but it needs to be dealt with now.

Delete

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, staun said:

Same as Russia did against Dk, when ACH, handed over ports.  Dvs allready have said it is ok.

ACN abandoned the ports, right? Everybody had a chance to grab them while they had been neutral. RIVAL (or their alts) did not abandon Bluefields, but removed every clan from their friendlist to ensure GB could not defend the port.

Well there are three issues here remember.

1. Alts chatting

2. Players should be prepared to fight when entering combat and flipping the port was denying content to GB players in violation of EULA by using a fake identity to hold a port so it could be flipped and using that identity to prevent GB players from defending their port.

3. Dutch players going to Bluefields for free Victory Marks knowing that (2) had been done.

These all need separate judgments as I see it.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 2

Just now, rediii said:

thats sad since both of the screens in the first post show how they help GB nation players

Read Pellew's one properly, the "offer" to help was clearly malicious in nature if you take the comment in its proper context

And I am not denying Liam is decent guy for the most part, however no one has ever seen Master of the fishes physically help at KPR

17 minutes ago, rediii said:

hahaha you actually did mention it on the first page dude.

Fact: Port was owned by Rival

Anyway I just wait now what @admin or @Ink has to say. There is nothing to add to the thread

I can mention that .. your talking out of your backside this entire thread

that has nothing to do with the tribunal ,, or my complaint

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Well there are three issues here remember.

1. Alts chatting

2. Players should be prepared to fight when entering combat and flipping the port was denying content to GB players in violation of EULA by using a fake identity to allow a port flip and by using that identity, preventing GB players from defending their port.

3. Dutch players going to Bluefields for free Victory Marks knowing that (2) had been done.

These all need separate judgments as I see it.

these are the only issues that need discussing the rest is just Rediii desperatlky trying to cloud the issues

1 minute ago, rediii said:

1. idc ban these retards from chat

2. you guys are not the friends of rival. Dont be sad when not added to the friendslist after trying to get the port flipped by a 3rd nation

3. is the same as 2.

Have you actually ignored the evidence submitted? Pellew said he wouldn't allow British clans into the port unless you guys could get a FULL fleet together.

Explain that one

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

Have you actually ignored the evidence submitted? Pellew said he wouldn't allow British clans into the port unless you guys could get a FULL fleet together.

Explain that one

Exactly, they were clearly willing to add us back onto the list provided they could be assured a full fleet. It has nothing to do with them feeling betrayed.

Just now, rediii said:

1. idc ban these retards from chat

2. you guys are not the friends of rival. Dont be sad when not added to the friendslist after trying to get the port flipped by a 3rd nation

3. is the same as 2.

.1. also ban you from forum ... do you really think calling someone a retard is accepatable ..

2 doesnt make any sense

3 same as 2 ....